H22 Euro R on P13 ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Euro R on P13 ecu

I am planning to do a euro r swap on my 93cb. I would like to ask anyone who had done this swap if I can use a P13 ecu to run the motor provided I swapped OBD1 distributor, injectors and sensors to it. Thanks.
    Sig removed due to excessive size

Originally posted by 93cb7alldway View Post
    I am planning to do a euro r swap on my 93cb. I would like to ask anyone who had done this swap if I can use a P13 ecu to run the motor provided I swapped OBD1 distributor, injectors and sensors to it. Thanks.
    I'm not sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't work?? The only difference I've read about the H22 Euro and H22 is it has more beefy components like cam lobes are a little bit bigger, someone will correct me and give you the answer you want.
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

It may run like shit. Cams are different

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. I guess nobody is running that setup. I have P28 does anyone knows where I can get a good H22 euro-r basemap? I know I still have to get it tuned. This is only until I can save enough money for the tuning fees.

Comment

It would probably be smartest to wait until you can get it properly tuned to do the swap, rather than riding around on what may or may not be a good basemap or a base P13. You don't want to damage anything because you didn't have it running properly!

Honestly, I'd suggest just getting a regular H22A. OBD1 if you can find a good one. The Euro R is the daddy of all H22A engines, but it carries a hefty price for fairly modest gains. That, and the lack of usable OBD1 components makes it unappealing to me. If you found one for a cheap price, I'd be wary of the quality of it (or the legitimacy...) A regular 92-95 H22A will have 100% of its parts available at your local Honda dealership or autoparts store, and it'll run properly on a readily-available P13. The money saved by not buying the more expensive engine can be put into quality camshafts, a good header, and an engine management system of your choice... and there's no pressing need to rush into any of that until you can afford to do it properly!

But to answer your question... the P13 should run the Euro R engine just fine. Well enough, anyway. Just don't beat on it. I ran my H22A on a PT3 for a bit, as have a few other people I know. The wrong ECU is never a good idea, but done carefully and sparingly, it SHOULDN'T do any real harm.

Comment

Thanks for you input Deev. I am gathering as much info on the swap, because I see the price on the H22 euro r's is not that much more than the regular h22a. Although considering the additional parts needed to make it run on our cb7 can still add up only plus is it's a more "younger'' motor.

Comment

The price seems to have gone down a bit! Still $600 more than the OBD1 H22A on hmotorsonline.com (the only place I'd trust, personally.) Though it's not as bad as I thought. I think they were like $2600 or something the last time I checked!
              I think I'd still go with the engine/trans/ECU option for $2200 myself (I went with the "full changeover" years ago... I have a shelf in my basement full of Prelude parts I don't need!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The price seems to have gone down a bit! Still $600 more than the OBD1 H22A on hmotorsonline.com (the only place I'd trust, personally.) Though it's not as bad as I thought. I think they were like $2600 or something the last time I checked!
                I think I'd still go with the engine/trans/ECU option for $2200 myself (I went with the "full changeover" years ago... I have a shelf in my basement full of Prelude parts I don't need!)
                O rly?????
                I'll keep that in mind.

I believe the Euro-R manifold by itself is worth it's weight in gold right about as I haven't found any suppliers for them.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Seeing as aftermarket manifolds are generally regarded as inferior or at best equal to the Euro R manifold, I'd assume most people with a complete Euro R engine have no reason to part with them. The engines themselves are fairly expensive (even with the lower price, an $1800 engine is still a bit spendy!) I can't find production numbers, but I assume they weren't a very high-volume product. I'd assume the majority of the manifolds out there now are from people that blew their engines, or maybe a few NOS products that were picked up and put into circulation.

Also, regarding the Euro R engine... I believe it also came in the Accord Type R (European model... CH1 chassis, rather than the JDM Euro R's CL1 chassis.) If the engines are the same, be wary of cheap engine resellers. Some European models might have very high mileage, as opposed to the advertised 35,000 miles that JDM engines supposedly have. The ATR wasn't a big success, and there weren't many sold... but I'm sure the engines are out there, and they could very well have well over 100k on them by now.

Comment

Always a few ATR manifolds on ebay UK. In fact lots of ATR parts H22 wise. Should check out there if you guys are finding Euro R stuff hard/expensive to get hold of.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I run an H22A7 from an Accord Type-R -99, it's to my knowledge identical to the JDM Euro-R. I have a tuned P28, got the basemap from the seller on eBay, don't know if I was lucky but it ran pretty good even before the tune, just a bit too lean.

With some basic soldering skills you can retain OBD2 injectors and even the distributor. I'm not even sure if there are OBD1 injectors that fit the Euro-R manifold, I think they have to be taller. But you just have to change connectors on the harness and remove the resistor box anyway to make OBD2 injectors work. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this swap.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

I have the euro r with tranny(t2w4) and ecu(p5m). I can't be much help with dizzy etc my wiring guy did it. The injectors are different then your standard injectors. Roskoracing has alot of the necessary conversion pieces like the iacv plate. The euro r is a 3 wire iacv where ours is 2.
                        93 Honda Accord Lx
                        Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

Thanks for the infos. Thats why I love this forum

Comment

Working...
                          X