Bisimoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto

Bisi has been tasked with creating the life-size version of the 50th anniversary Hot Wheels car. Pretty cool, don't know who else is watching History channel but this week is there car week.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

I don’t like Bisi’s business ethics or neurotic behavior, but I’ll watch car week. That’s a better idea than Shark Week if you ask me.

Fuck Bisi.

Comment

^ Ah, I was waiting for that response.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

hahahah same here ^

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

yup, fuck that lying scammer.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

His builds are still bad ass... and I still want that header.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I have never dealt with Bisi, and from what I have read about his business practices and him personally, I won't. But car week is pretty cool.

The Hot Wheels episode was really neat, I learned a bunch of stuff I never knew about em.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                His builds are still bad ass... and I still want that header.
                Why lol?

They almost all leaked and filled the cabins with exhaust?

They did look nice though!

Comment

Not that they're meant for street use anyway, but who buys a slip-joint header and expects a perfect seal? It's metal on metal, use common sense. Get the thing welded and/or use exhaust sealing cement. Not interested in further debate, btw, these arguments always get stupid.

The looks are the only reason I want it, haha. I wouldn't mind cutting off the 4-1 merge and experimenting with a 4-2-1 conversion and pipe lengths to see if it can be made less of a drag header and more for road course/canyons.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I recorded it last night... My wife saw his name and right away said, isn't that where you got your camshafts from? And here I thought she was never paying attention...lol

I have purchased a few camshafts and valve train components from him and never had any issues with them. His parts are aftermarket race parts, states right on the site what ones are not street/emissions legal. So you get what you get. Although he did use some fabricators that used questionable practices when the demand for his headers got high. This was where you started to see some knowledgeable people start to push back. I was one of them who questioned his fabrication processes. Seemed that at this time, it had become more about the money than the customer. His past business practices and how he used to handle customer service was not very good.

Gotta give it to the guy though, he talks the talk and his parts walk the walk.
                    Last edited by GhostAccord; 07-13-2018, 12:18 PM.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

"Not very good" would be a compliment for how he handled some of them. At least one European member received a completely stock camshaft in the mail and was eventually told he was not being truthful. That's unacceptable.

Then what's incredibly deceptive is the order sheet for the header and having each prospective owner paying $1000 believe that their header would be a bespoke design based on the variables they outlined on an order sheet. Presumably, someone with a stock cam and pistons would receive a different header than someone else with a wild cam, high compression pistons an headwork. Nope. Same thing.

I'll even give the guy a pass on using H22A rods and DSM pistons being sold as a kit for F22 guys who wanted an improved rod ration and slightly higher compression. Everyone who knew Honda engines knew exactly what he was repackaging and selling at a HIGH mark-up, despite claiming he engineered the design. Whatever, the combination works and the hole he dug was deep enough already. Not that he cares what I think. Or anyone else here.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Camshaft discrepancies were going to be what I sighted as a top 3 reason for choosing to never do business with him. I heard quite a few people say that 2 camshafts that were supposed to be the same spec, measured completely different. That coupled with other issues like Jarrett just said.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                          I recorded it last night... My wife saw his name and right away said, isn't that where you got your camshafts from? And here I thought she was never paying attention...lol
                          They definitely pay more attention than we think, at least mine does, she could be doing 3 other things while I'm talking to her, and seemingly not listening, then remember what I said days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                            They definitely pay more attention than we think, at least mine does, she could be doing 3 other things while I'm talking to her, and seemingly not listening, then remember what I said days later.
                            Yeah.....I think it is very selective. I think she only pays attention when I am spending money on my cars. When we talk about family mattes or stuff around the house..... she doesn't remember anything.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

LMAO, yea sorry, I should have specified, when I'm talking about plans for any automotive project.

Comment

Working...
                              X