No announcement yet.

midnite racer x : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man looks good, I hope we can share our experiences on our trubo projex..... much props to you...
    WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

I’m now in the process of filing a lawsuit with Bigballs-Racing in southern California. They were the ones that have been screwing me over since early September 2003. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The bad part about all of this is now I have to search for another manifold. Lovefab.com is backed up, sfp.net costs way too much, and log-style manifolds are inefficient. If I have to I’ll order a log style mani from somewhere but I’d rather get a tubular design. If anybody knows of a company that’s able to make custom turbo exhaust manifolds then please contact me or reply to this thread. It’s basically the last thing I need to finish this project. And if you happen to be in south cali and know where bigballs-racing is located could u please malotov cocktail them…thank you. Oh and those were tire valves not check valves lol
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I think I’m gonna try to convince some company that makes custom dsm manifolds to make one for me but drill the holes for the f22a head. Since the stock manifold bolts up
        With not too much trouble and the ports match up…why not? Has anyone else considered doing this or have heard of it being done? I’m only looking to spend like $350 max on a tubular manifold…no log-styles for me unless I absolutely have to.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

http://www.turbo-performance.com/index.htm

That place is just about as expensive as sfp.net though. I've heard that log manifolds really aren't bad until you are running high boost. You won't lose as much torque if you run a log style manifold.

Comment

i told him that.. i know someone who makes log style manifolds A/C compatiable for like 175 shipped.. good qualityt too.. with lifetime warantty

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Link? I am still looking to piece together a turbo set up also.

Comment

i know logs aren't all that bad but i'm building the car for both now and later. I do plan on running like 20-25 psi on this engine after its built up. I'd rather get the right manifold now so i don't have to order one again. But if need be i'll get a log. Another reason i don't want a log is because it sits a bit too high for my downpipe configuration. The way the turbo has to be mounted and the way the downpipe branches off the turbo was configured for a 5th gen. The turbo flange has to be perfectly parallel for the downpipe to clear the oil pan but not scrape the ground. I am also very particular about where i want my wastegate mounted becuase i don't want it just bleeding off pressure from 2 cylinders I want it mounted at the collector.

I talked to elvis this afternoon because i have his house number and sure enough he picked up. He told me that after his lunch break on friday he was told everybody in the company was being layed off and that some guys from optionsauto were buying the place. He did me the favor of making a fake transaction for a payed turbo timer so that i would get all of my money back. He's also in the process of suing the new management because they believe that everything is theirs even elvis' race car. He owns the race car and bought everything on it, they told him we'll give it back to u stripped so he's fighting it. I'm having him go back to the company on friday if not monday to see if he can buy me one of the manifolds since there are like 8-10 f22a turbo manifolds just sitting in the warehouse. I trust elvis because he really REALLY doesn't seem like a con-artist. If u talked to him you'd know what i mean. He's got another job lined up with skunk 2 and he's already offering me discounted prices. So i'll know by like tuesday if i'm gonna have a manifold or if i'm gonna have to have another one made

Comment

Dude anyone tell you...you look like Alfonso Roberio from Fresh Prince of Bel Air
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

fucker i do not lol!!! It was early, i'd just finished pulling my hair out of the braids and the guy showed up early to the meeting place. Heres proof i do not look like alfonso...i can't even do the dance

I DO NOT LOOK LIKE ALFONSO LOL!

Comment

how hard was your a6 swap? did u feel a difference?
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the swap is as easy/hard as putting the a1 or any intake manifold on. If u took it off then you already know how to put it back on. Just try to get the bolts closest to the distributors on first so u can get the cursing over with. Couple of extensions and wrenches (i'd kill for a rachet wrench) will do the trick. replace the gaskets and your set...although u will have to plug in those two wires to the ecu. The sound and feel is delightful. My engine sounds evil, v6 almost and the performance is definately there. Like i said in the other thread it seriously feels like vtec at like 4800 rpm or so. Those aren't even my words those are my friend's who rode in the car after i swapped it. My g/f was scared i'd be able to beat her after i got the a6 mani in and she has a gst (still not a close race past my 1st gear tho)...working on it lol. I really hope u like it tho cause i love mine. Oh and since it was my first time really taking something out of my engine i think it took me like an hour or 2 to get everything hooked back up and to trouble shoot my broken tps.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                          fucker i do not lol!!! It was early, i'd just finished pulling my hair out of the braids and the guy showed up early to the meeting place. Heres proof i do not look like alfonso...i can't even do the dance

I DO NOT LOOK LIKE ALFONSO LOL!

LOL Im cool bro just playin my friend told me once I looked like Al Roker in some prom picture lol dont feel so bad man ADMIT IT! lol
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                            LOL Im cool bro just playin my friend told me once I looked like Al Roker in some prom picture lol dont feel so bad man ADMIT IT! lol
                            LMAO...admit it??? NEVER

Comment

Ok guys there are new additions to the family. We've got an externally coiled 92 lx dizzy from 92lx, a MSD blaster coil 2 with ballast resistor, some new wire connections for my grounding wires, NGK 1 step colder plugs, and new battery terminals also. Will post pix a little later
                              Last edited by MRX; 03-15-2004, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Update! Just got all of my money back from bigballs-racing. They are under the ownership of optionsauto.com now i do believe. So i'm rolling with close to about $1000 now and need the following parts. If you know anyone or are selling these parts yourself then please contact me and we'll do business:

Turbo timer
                                f22 turbo exhaust manifold - will probably buy from wikked
                                oil return drain plug
                                oil press, oil temp, and water temp gauges (black faced only)
                                Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Items that i'm willing to trade with the above mentioned items or that i am willing to sell:
                                12:1 Paxton FMU
                                Neuspeed short shifter adapter
                                Telsa G-TECH Pro

Now that i have all of my money back i will get this car boosted by April 04, 2004 (umm...assuming i can find an exhaust manifold)
                                Last edited by MRX; 03-21-2004, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X