Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Common terms being tossed around i.e. P06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common terms being tossed around i.e. P06

I'm noticing ecu names being tossed around. Most ppl are saying if you have vtec then you need a p28 and if you have a non-vtec then you need a p06. There are many more ecu's to choose from besides those two. P06 is just a generic assumption, they really mean to say any non-vtec ecu...p06 just happens to be common and easy to find as is the p28.

ANY, i say again, ANY chippable ecu can be converted to do anything another does. You can take a p05 for a sohc d15, chip it, convert it to vtec, add in the 02 components and it'll run a type r just fine (after tuning).

This is a list of COMMON, not all, ecu's.

common chippable Non-vtec ecu's to choose from
    p05
    p06
    p08
    p74
    p75 - make sure you get the obd1 ecu because there is an obd2
    pr4

Common chippable vtec ecu's
    p28
    p30
    p73
    PR3
    p72

I did this off the top of my head so correct me if anything is wrong. Happy tuning
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Damn! Good thread!!
    92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

How bout the P13s and CD6 POAs??

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

Hey MRX, would you recommend a P75 Integra ecu for a F20A DOHC non-VTEC motor?

I am thinking of getting a full tune this summer and one tuning shop I went to recommended the P75.
        DEVOTE

Comment

p13's are chippable but i don't think there is any freeware that you can create basemaps for them on. I may be wrong! d112 is more up to date on whats new in the freeware world.

The pt3, pt6, p0a, p14, p13...they are all chippable but companies like JET and Gude are the only ones that have figured it. I can chip things like the p14 but i can only turn off the speed governor and knock sensor...maybe an 02 sensor. The programs are locked so I can't even modify the fuel and ignition curves. The accord and prelude ecu's are limited. The fuel and ignition maps for them look INSANE and last time I checked none of them could accept more table values for boost or nitrous.

Its usually best to go with one of the ecu's from my first post because most any tuner will have the software and hardware to change values and settings on them. And the civic and integra ecu's above have many solid add-ins and features that have been developed over the years. I doubt the accord and prelude ecu's will ever catch up.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
            Hey MRX, would you recommend a P75 Integra ecu for a F20A DOHC non-VTEC motor?

I am thinking of getting a full tune this summer and one tuning shop I went to recommended the P75.
            read above, its all the same. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by MRX

The pt3, pt6, p0a, p14, p13...they are all chippable but companies like JET and Gude are the only ones that have figured it. I can chip things like the p14 but i can only turn off the speed governor and knock sensor...maybe an 02 sensor. The programs are locked so I can't even modify the fuel and ignition curves. The accord and prelude ecu's are limited. The fuel and ignition maps for them look INSANE and last time I checked none of them could accept more table values for boost or nitrous.
              You covered everything right there. The same applies for all accord/prelude ecu's.

I don't even care to mess with them b/c it's a waste of time to just disable the knock board on a p14 and then ship it back out blah blah..

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i feel the same way, unless they specifically want the Gude program i have

Comment

P08 is VTEC(similar to the P28). Also, a non-VTEC ECU(like the P06) can be converted to VTEC also!
                  -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
                  1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

Originally posted by K2e2vin
                    P08 is VTEC(similar to the P28). Also, a non-VTEC ECU(like the P06) can be converted to VTEC also!
                    EXCEPT the automatic, do not get the automatic p08, it can not be chipped

Comment

with a p28 u say it is vtec is it easier to take vtec out then to put it in the ecu reason for asking is my buddy is giving me one for my turbo accord 93 non-vtec
                      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by K2e2vin
                        Also, a non-VTEC ECU(like the P06) can be converted to VTEC also!
                        That is what he posted in the first post.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

So help me out guys...what ecu is recommended for a F22b swap..I know the P38 is way out of my budget but still have the funds to do a somewhat decent chipped ecu or flashing!

Comment

does any body have a pic of the vtec component on the ecu i need to get rid of it or disalbe it either or what ever gets rid of vtec cause i don't need it
                            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum
                              with a p28 u say it is vtec is it easier to take vtec out then to put it in the ecu reason for asking is my buddy is giving me one for my turbo accord 93 non-vtec
                              it's retarded to take a vtec ecu and make it non-vtec. A pure p28 will go for a lot more than a p28 with no vtec. How about this, trade me the p28 for a chipped non-vtec ecu of mine with a lot cut off the price. That way you aren't wasting a perfectly good p28 that I or others could benefit from.

Comment

Working...
                              X