Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** TIPS ON DYNO TUNING & STREET TUNING **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by midnite racer x
    well then obviously u need to set a specific a/f as a goal, then get it there by adding/subtracting fuel where needed....how hard is that? GOOOSH!
    haha thats the easy part......timing is the bitch....dyno time costs too much dinero.
    I hate thieves!

Comment

i'm bored...somebody ask a question.

Tip of the day: Having a hard time starting the car? Try richening up the very first part of the map at 24.7 in/hg and the first two earliest rpm's.
      hmm i will try it.
      I hate thieves!

Comment

for the newbies..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i'm bored...somebody ask a question.

Tip of the day: Having a hard time starting the car? Try richening up the very first part of the map at 24.7 in/hg and the first two earliest rpm's.
          haha. you should do a "tip of the day" everyday! and make it a sticky

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

As stated in the chipped ecu thread i'm currently using uber 1.7 with great success and i wanted to tell you how i started tuning it.

First i simply copied and pasted the current turbof22v16 map to a stock dx map in 1.7. Set the rev limits, turned closed loop disable on, put the tps at 60, cold idle at 60, and main enrich at 80 also. When i first started it up it was way too rich so played with the cold idle setting a little more and got alot of the richness to go away with an 80 setting. Didn't have the wideband on cause i didn't know i was gonna be tuning but i got bit by the bug and couldn't stop. Threw the wideband on, hooked up the laptop and started playing with the idle first and foremost. After i got that in the low 15's i moved on to other points in the map cause i was gonna come back to the idle eventually anyways. If u have a boost gauge you'd notice that if ur in neutral and hold a rpm at whatever rpm your at 21 in/hg in vacuum. So what better way to start off than to tune that entire column since the vac doesn't change with the rpms.

After about an hour or so i'd gone from a/f's in the 11's-18's to mid 14's-low 15's all throughout the rpm range. I simply took a notebook and made a list of my rpms, what the a/f was at that rpm, and how much i adjusted it. Keeping track of how much u adjusted it can tell u how much to adjust it on the next log. Seems like adjusting 5% can make up to a 1 point a/f difference in vaccum. The reason i concentrated on just that one line is because the other lines from 24.7-3.60 in/hg basically share the same increases and decreases. It's like the lines have the same shape but just increase in overall fuel. So i simply made the spaces between the columns as uniform and even as i could and it turned out to be a very smooth ride. Went back and adjusted the idle some more and got rid of a slight dead spot at 2700rpm. Been driving on this map since sunday now and its been treating me quite well. I still need to get another 2-4 hours of tuning in for gas mileage purposes and then make sure that the fuel in the boost columns is still flat. I did a quick rip of 2nd gear and the a/f's were in the 11's for boost so its atleast safe in case i need the power. Keep your eyes peeled
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

As stated in the chipped ecu thread i'm currently using uber 1.7 with great success and i wanted to tell you how i started tuning it.

First i simply copied and pasted the current turbof22v16 map to a stock dx map in 1.7. Set the rev limits, turned closed loop disable on, put the tps at 60, cold idle at 60, and main enrich at 80 also. When i first started it up it was way too rich so played with the cold idle setting a little more and got alot of the richness to go away with an 80 setting.
              isn't the tps, cold idle and main enrich setting a little high? uber tells me to have 53 in all 3. just wondering where u got those numbers. could explain my 9.9 idle tho
              I hate thieves!

Comment

what is closed loop? i currently have it enabled and my chip burner took a crap on me...
                I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
                  isn't the tps, cold idle and main enrich setting a little high? uber tells me to have 53 in all 3. just wondering where u got those numbers. could explain my 9.9 idle tho
                  uber gives u a "suggested" value...doesn't mean they're good values. I got the tps value from playing with the throttle. Just noticing how low the a/f gets when u immediately stomp the pedal. Remember when i had u "blip" the throttle a couple of times b4 making ur runs? Thats what i was calculating...the tps. Cold enrich upon research may actually be cranking enrich. I'll play with that later on. And no one is certain what main enrich is but i think it has something to do with the start up also. If u can get the f22b map i made from gdout that'd be great. Ur a/f is in the 9's cause ur idle plot is too rich lol. What happened to the chip burner?

edit: closed loop is when the ecu reads from the 02 sensor, by disabling it u run strictly on the map values that u set out for it. The 02 sensors input makes the ecu try to change all the values to 14.7. I'm gonna get as close to 14.7 as i can in vac and then enable closed loop. I don't need the ecu messing with my values right now.
                  Last edited by MRX; 05-03-2005, 10:08 AM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

so ur "uniform" theory does it apply in ever gear..? u know how the a/f slightly changes depending on gear (how big of a load).. well.. im curious as to how much variance there is between them when u get a chance

p.s im a pepboys employee now.. (flamesuit on) RICE RICE BAYBE!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                      so ur "uniform" theory does it apply in ever gear..? u know how the a/f slightly changes depending on gear (how big of a load).. well.. im curious as to how much variance there is between them when u get a chance
                      there doesn't seem to be too big of a difference in vacuum. Its seems to mostly be under WOT conditions or close to WOT. Hopefully i'll get a chance to even put my laptop in my car before it has to come off this weekend.

Comment

What happened to the chip burner?
                        i dunno it just wont stay on when i go into the eprom program...bleh
                        I hate thieves!

Comment

open up the program then try plugging in the usb..if its USB

Comment

now u love open loop huh antoine?????
                            I hate thieves!

Comment

sometimes i think i'm an idiot...about the hard startup thing...i make changes and it seems like it works for just a bit and then it doesn't work anymore. Not to mention that the engine is at 0 vac when starting up and i start messing with 24.7 in/hg lol. Anyways i don't know how to fix the hardstart-up. It just keeps kicking my ass. But somehow i got gdout's f22b to start right up lol. And yes i tried using the same settings as him and it still didn't work

Comment

sometimes i think i'm an idiot...about the hard startup thing...i make changes and it seems like it works for just a bit and then it doesn't work anymore. Not to mention that the engine is at 0 vac when starting up and i start messing with 24.7 in/hg lol. Anyways i don't know how to fix the hardstart-up. It just keeps kicking my ass. But somehow i got gdout's f22b to start right up lol. And yes i tried using the same settings as him and it still didn't work
                                DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM GONNA TRY WIRES AND IGNITION....oops all caps sorry...
                                btw i got r7f plugs...stock gap (.35?)....
                                my map is still the old one.....so not properly tuned i get studdering sometimes, and friends......i want to switch to external coil asap....
                                i still have a hard start as well.
                                check ur pms i got some ?'s not related to here....
                                I hate thieves!

Comment

Working...
                                X