Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a motor mount with turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a motor mount with turbo

Ok so i looked at everything and i just feel the top motor mount for the f22a1 is not leaving much room for a turbo. anyway to get around this?

top motor mount as in the front?

remove it.
    chessboxer modified a mountain bike shock onto his setup and I plan to do to mine as well.
    just supplies a small torque mount to fix the lil shaking issue.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

i read somewhere you also have to shave the mount thats on the block too.. correct? and a mountain bike shock? i dont see how that could work..

Comment

Get ESP mounts and remove the front mount, the engine sits there like a rock.

I would think removing the front mount on stock mounts would cause the motor to move a bit more.

Here is the DIY for the mountain bike shock. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=front+mount

Comment

The front mount isn't a load-bearing mount. It doesn't hold the engine up, it only keeps it from rocking too much (saving the other mounts.)

Removing it is fine, though the modified mountain bike shock (or some similar idea) makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The front mount isn't a load-bearing mount. It doesn't hold the engine up, it only keeps it from rocking too much (saving the other mounts.)

Removing it is fine, though the modified mountain bike shock (or some similar idea) makes a lot of sense.
            Mine

Comment

Yeah i have the ESP mounts and took the front dampening mount off completely and the engine doesnt budge a bit. get the ESP mount, worth every penny...

Comment

It doesn't budge at all, even at high-RPM shifting?

Comment

mine budges a little bit when i am shifting at higher rpms but i do not have the front torque mount on which i am planning on doing tomorrow
                  ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

ok so the shock idea i understand how that works now. but instead of useing that shock what if you replaced it with something else so it didnt bend budge or do anything.. i feel the engine will still have play cause after all it is still a shock.. and not for nothing a mountain bike shock. idk seems cheesy. cool idea.. looks sick.. but idk im still questioning that...

now the esp mounts. how long have you been driving your car with them? have you noticed as time goes on anything has changed? anything bad? anything good?
                    Last edited by 1990SL0Cb7; 04-14-2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

The mountain bike shock takes the force of a 150lb+ human being going over rough terrain, even jumping... so it's plenty to dampen the movement of the motor.

You don't want to try to keep the motor from moving at all... you just want to control that movement.

Imagine a sneeze. You move your head when you sneeze, right? Hold it perfectly still, and you'll snap your neck. Have nothing holding it in place, and your head will fall off. You need some middle ground. The engine has to be able to move a bit.
                      They actually make "engine shocks" for this sort of thing, but they are overpriced. The bike shock is actually quite clever.

Comment

I agree it is quite clever, but one thing I have noticed from taking apart a cheap bike shock is it had no actual dampening capabilities. It was nothing more than a stiff spring on assembly with a tube which resembles a shock, the inside was empty and had holes drilled in it.

I don't know if this would really change the idea of using it as a dampener, because it seems to do a good job with the stiff spring.
                        Last edited by EJX_Michael; 04-14-2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

you spoke it yourself a cheap shock.

you get what you pay for!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

I know it isn't a high dollar solution, but it worked really well for me. I could tell a HUGE difference in when it was on versus when it was off.

Additionally, if money is not an option buy a set of traction bars with the front motor mount replacement.
                            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

The bike shock is a good idea. Not sure on how i feel about it in the long term sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X