How fast is your internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast is your internet?

Go to speedtest.net to see your data speeds and post them up, I got the fastest I've ever had today at school.

Go to share result when done

and put your link between this

[img] insert link here [/img]
    Last edited by C-Rod; 05-15-2012, 02:38 PM.

Click For MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=182174
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

haha i searched for that but I couldnt find it
      thanks

Click For MRT

Comment

Originally posted by C-Rod View Post
        haha i searched for that but I couldnt find it
        thanks
        It's ok, the thread died awhile ago...

Comment

Got that 50mbps sheeeet.

Ive been rather impressed with Cablevision in my area.

Heard a lot of neg shit about them but so far so good.

Comment

I'll just leave this here.

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

Jelly as a mofo...

Comment

haha your school is much nicer than mine Jarrett

Click For MRT

Comment

canada fucking sucks for internet. either you spend a lot of money for a fast connection with strict download limits, or you spend a lot of money for a slow connection with moderately strict download limits.

i had cable, $75/month for 10mbps (100GB download) then switched to DSL, $50 for 5mbps unlimited

kill me now

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

My school's wireless ain't so bad.

Comment

Mine's not too bad for only paying 30 a month.. I just wish my upload speed were faster.. then I could run a server from home

The initial first spurt is up to 39mb/s then it fades off.. It's the only thing that's available in my area... if i lived a mile down the road I could have something else...
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Heres my internet connection:

Here is max throughput I would get (with qos disabled/set to exempt)

Here is after QOS (Quality of Service) reserves a chunk of bandwidth for "exempt" items.

(Items typically set to exempt, are games, or anything else that would be considered "real time" like voip)

HTTP, HTTPS, & DNS are set at Premium
                        Torrents (custom ports) are set to Bulk

Any other internet activity has less priority then web browsing and more priority then torrents.

QOS Scales as follows:
                        Exempt: 100mbps - ignores global limits.
                        Premium: 75% - 100%
                        Express: 15% - 100%
                        Standard: 10% - 100%
                        Bulk: 1.5% - 100%

It allows me (or others when I had roomates) to run torrents all the time, without impacting browsing or gaming.

^^ Looks like someone has access to a OC-12/STS-12... drools. That could be as high as 622.08 Mbps. So theres some bandwidth hungry users at play. Oh and judging by the upload speed, theres some serious bandwidth being used by remote users or for hosting web public/private services.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 05-15-2012, 06:10 PM.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

It's the connection speed at the University of Houston. So, it's got 38,000 students pegging it all day. At night it's just incomprehensibly fast. I wish I knew a workaround for torrent downloads. I download service manuals at home where I have 15Mb/s and it takes a while. If I cared enough to find a way around the firewall there then I could be peeling off insane download times.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It's the connection speed at the University of Houston. So, it's got 38,000 students pegging it all day. At night it's just incomprehensibly fast. I wish I knew a workaround for torrent downloads. I download service manuals at home where I have 15Mb/s and it takes a while. If I cared enough to find a way around the firewall there then I could be peeling off insane download times.
                            I'm sure there are some tech guys at your University that do haha

Click For MRT

Comment

The only way your going to get through the firewall most likely is you would need a vpn/tunnel to an external proxy/router thats outside the schools network (or just beyond the firewall), at which point your speeds would be limited by the connection of the proxy/router and the other end of the vpn/tunnel.
                              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X