The story of your cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story of your cb7

This was a thread ii started on another forum and since i liked it so much i'm reviving it here.

Tell us how you came to have your ride, and what you have gone through with it. Most importantly, tell us if your ride has a name.

The story of my accord...well lets backtrack to about 3 years ago, Senior year of h.s. and its like a month until graduation. I was working, in band, and taking advanced classes all with no car and no transportation. While walking home from the bus stop one day there was a lil old blue subaru being sold for $500, i didn't have $500 but i figured i'd check into it...turns out the seller was the husband of my 4th grade daycare teacher named Mrs. Patty. Always liked that lady and she actually remembered me the very moment she saw me(grown ups love me for some reason). My dad had a 86 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL...beautiful car but it blew its timing chain and lost the entire left side of a V8 engine!!! So nobody in the house had a car anymore and after i told her that story she talked her husband down to $100. The car had 130 K miles on it. Wasn't the most elegant of cars but i loved her dearly and wouldn't of traded her for the world. She had a really loud engine tho and it was traced to the catalytic converter...so my friends appropriately named it Catalina. This car lasted me up until this january where the multiple oil leak eventually took over and i blew the engine the final mileage reading was at 154 K miles...wouldn't u pay $100 for 24 thousand miles and the most expensive repair i had to do was a CV Axle if i could i would've dropped another engine in it but didn't have the money and also the probs of mounts and stuff. I had to tell the story of my subaru(all hail subaru). Just my luck too that every aspect of my life fell apart at the same time, i'd just gotten back from college so i was flat broke, had a $200 cell bill, about $350 in credit card bills, no insurance, getting like 9 hours a week and $6 an hour at the same job i'd been working for 3years, my computer lost the motherboard and it took out the processor one of my hard drives, and the cpu fan along with it. So with no car, no comp, no phone, no money, and basically no life this brotha was strugglin'. So i managed to get an additional job and solve my credit and money probs but i still didn't have any transportation. My dad luckily was kind enough to loan me the money for another car but he got to pick the car was the bad part. He found a 91 honda accord for $2500 for sale, immaculate interior, great running motor, and no visual defects. Personally i hated the car when i first saw it cause i had my eyes on a dark blue crx, and a white integra at first...this car had a burgandy interior and ugly champagne exterior but the guy that was selling it put a surrounding infinity speaker setup and 6 cd changer in it and it was stick shift. I still didn't want it tho i would've rather had the integra instead but after beating a couple of those in my granny car i changed my mind . I figured i'd learn to love the car eventually but i didn't expect to love it this much this fast cause now i'm all about accords. I still don't have a name for her but i like her so much she doesn't need one anymore seems like it'd degrade her to label her like that. But i may get a license plate that names her "ZZZZER"
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

The accord sat at the front of my house for a couple of months since my father had a brand new altima, and my mother had a brand new celica. I was still young and dumb and wanted an eclipse. One day our landscaping guy said his friend wanted to buy the accord, my father was letting it go for 800. Then one day they came to pick it up... and it wouldnt start!!!, after seeing that they changed their mind, and I changed my mine about buying the eclipse thanks to somewords of wisdom from my uncle who owns a shop, and sees eclipses every week. After driving the car for a while, i was like, "this bitch is finer then-a-mug". So basically a bad starter one day made my choice, and possibly the greatest choice I ever made. In one year, ive gone through 5 tires, 3 ball joints, an alternator, a battery, a fuel pump, main relay, the stock muffler that fell off on the highway, and a flex pipe. Its all good though, because im about to go through an engine.

Its weird how you dont want the car at first, but after driving the car, you and it become one.

Comment

There is definitely a story to me getting a CB7. I was one of the most car obsessed kids ever growing up. I had my eyes set on some sort of sports car for my first car. One of my cousins told me that he was gonna give me his 1985 Volkswagen Scirocco as a Christmas gift...but my Uncle wouldn't let him (claimed it was in too poor of shape), so the quest for a new car began...the only interesting thing, my mom handed me a list of what I couldn't buy. How crazy is that. On it she said I couldn't have a Mustang, Camaro, Trans Am, any car older than an 86, and nothing small. This really limited my choices, and I was really mad. So first I found a beautiful and rare 1988 Monte SS...it was rare because it had the gold stripes with the grey interior...34K original miles...the owner was an older guy who didn't really know what he had, I went to go buy it because it was too good to pass up...I turned it on, my mom heard the burble of the V-8 and I was done...no deal. I was so mad. Then I found a decently nice 93 Teg Rs...black w/black leather, stick, nice shape...she claimed it was too small, so finally out of spite I started to look into Accords, b/c I had always heard good things about them, so one day we were driving along and I saw my car hidden behind some cars at the dealer, wasn't even ready to put out on the lot yet...it was in good shape with only 78K on the clock. It was a stick too, so I bought it, I think I overpaid too much...and looking back I shouldn't have bought one with quarter panel work (rust wasn't visible really), but it was a stick and my mom couldn't drive it...so it was my victory over her not letting me get a sports car. So then it had to sit in my driveway for 2 months before I could afford to put it on the road, so I would start it every day...since I couldn't drive stick yet myself, my mom would not let me move it...(grumbles) but finally the time came to put it on the road, I taught myself how to drive it, and I started modding it about a month later.

Comment

My Dads friend is a painter. Well my Accord belonged to some old guy, he lived in an apartment and he had not fam or friends. Well, he passed away and no one noticed till like a month later (poor old guy). Once the landlord found him dead, the apartment needed a re-paint cuz of the smell, that is where my Dad's friend came in. The landlord asked him if he was interested in a car, he said he knew someone (me) and thats how I came accorss my cb7! I wasnt even looking for a car, I was driving around my 89 minivan, but hey, $5,000 later I had meself a 90 Accord LX 5-Speed MINT with only 47k on it!

Too bad about the old guy, but im sure he would be happy with the way I am treating the car.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

for me it was love at first site...i had saved up $1000 and my parents said they would match me for the down payment so i had $2000 to buy a car...off i went to the used car lot and there she was...sitting there all shiny and beautiful...black exterior with a tan interior...my dad wanted me to look at some other cars but i couldnt...i was in love and nobody could change my mind...well needles to say, i bought her and i have no regrets about it in all the 6 years ive been with sally (her name) she hasnt given me any big problems...just the normal tune up and regular things breaking down but nothing big...and boy has she shown me some goodtimes

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

My parents bought my sister a maroon '92 Accord four years ago & decided in January '03 to get me one. We looked at sooo many CB7 Accords, most of which were in poor condition, until we saw this COMPLETELY mint, inside & out; beautiful, white CB7 at a dealer called Merritt Motors. It looked fresh from the factory. We got that one & I had just gotten a job to save up. My parents were nice enough to pay for my tinted windows (for my birthday) as well as for insurance (which is a shitload for a 17 yr old). I had done a little work here & there, along with a great DIY cold-air setup, but had plans for an engine swap & new suspension, up until Friday, March 26th '04, at about 9:30 am, when my friend called me & told me he saw me playing cat & mouse with some other blue Accord down Temescal. I told him I was sitting in class the whole time, so I walked up to the parking lot & realized my car was gone. Five hours later, it was found stolen, stripped, & beat with a hammer in downtown L.A. My poor baby pathetically lied there battered & bruised. Totalled. The assholes were even nice enough to steal my prescription (useless to them) Ray Ban sunglasses, bust my door panels & my gauge cluster all to shit, and bend the tranny shifter.

I see the next monday a kid with a primered CB7 with my custom painted grill, clear corners, clear bumpers, & taillights, all of which he never had the week earlier. Also, the kid who my friend saw racing my car racing on Friday brought his blue Accord spray painted black.

The ending to this story? Still under way. The fate of the thieves lies within the cops hands, as they may have evidence encriminating these fucks for Grand theft auto & vandalism, where theyd go straight to the booty house. Or, in the case that they don't, they can say goodbye to their ugly ass CB7s, which will burn to a crisp. Either way, by the time I graduate, they won't realize who did it anyway, because they're the kind of low-lifes who do this shit to innocent people every day. Sorry it was such an ugly ass story, but I think it helps me to share my anger. And just to remind you, get something to stop this from happening.

Comment

I just wanted to say that when i was reading that i felt the hate building inside of me. What kind of scumbag does that to someone that had worked so hard for something they wanted to so bad. I hope they burn. Now with that being said, I will tell my story...........

When i was about 15 all my friends were getting cars so i got interested. Many had eclipses and tegs. But a another one had a black 92 lx 5spd. I have to admit i ragged on him for not haveing a "cool" car but he loved it. One day i was talking to him about doing a swap in it. Now i had no idea what he was talking about because well i just didnt know. He mentioned an h22 going into his accord and well from then on all i thought about was that. but i still had a problem i was driving peices of shit. My last car was a 91 corolla 5spd i beat the balls off of. It taught me how to drive stick and negotiate turns to the best of my cars ability and i am grateful to it for that. But the suspension blew out and insurance was due the next day so i said fuck it. Then i saw this white cb7 on ebay that some lady is selling in binghamton for 850 so i jumped on it about a month n a half ago. Since then it has been nothing but work but i will soon reape the harvest
              -the end lol
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Someone gave me some Altezzas for a 90 Accord, so i went and bought one so i could have a tight ride.

JUST KIDDING. lol

i bought my car because I wanted a comforatable car, and i loved the accord. Had decent power too, for a while...then i needed more, and decided to swap. Ran into financial problems (paid too goddamn much for it - 7,400 but it only had 44k on it) Bought my Civics, still have them, but the idea of a full drag Civic was outweighed by that of a full road race Accord, so thats how it went down

Almost two years later, and a H23 Accord barreling through the twisties. What more could ya ask for?
                My CB7 is a REAL race car.

PMG Motorsports
                Synergy Advertising Racing #74 Honda Accord

Comment

My story begins....not here in the US but in Palau. I first fell in love with Hondas in second grade..after my teacher mentioned she had a Prelude back in Cali (She was from Bakersfield if I remember...).
                  I had remember seeing a picture of my mom and stepdad with my kid sister as a baby standing to next to their white Cb7. I was living overseas with my moms side of the family. So anyways, I came to live in Guam ( a U.S Territory) over here man...you saw lowriders left and right..it was insane for such a small island in the pacific you had your usual Nissan Hardbodys, Toyotas ,a and Mazda B2000s as customized loweriders.....
                  Next door to my uncles apartment..this dude had a sick black 90-91 EX with the first aerokit ever ( I think erebuni makes it) Style 876 and hydrodralics...man did I fall head over heels for it I mean even though it was an auto I totally loved the car because of the unique machine that no one else had ever tricked out.
                  I was sold that day I swore to myself I would get my parents car at no cost.

So fast forward to 2001, it was my junior year and I wanted a car badly...my parents were shopping around for a new car since the old family car ( the current Cb7) was gonna be mine soon. At first I didn't want it I wanted a SC T-bird just because my best friend had a 5.o Bird.
                  My mom talked me out of it then before my sights were set on the Cb7 itself..I had this crazy idea of owning a 1981 240 diesel Mercedes....slap me silly but when I looked at the Cb7 it kinda won me over...that look on its face lol.

Unfortunately the reason why my rents wanted a newer car was because their old ride was aging..the head gasket had just been blown with the motor squeezing 230k it was time to go.
                  I spent 500 dollars on the car to get the head fixed..but my rents would'nt let me put it on the road soley because I had one year left in highschool and plus I could barely drive a stick at the time.

It sat in the back yard and then in Sep 01 it was registered..you know it sucks how your rents lift your spirits and then crush them saying oh no you cant drive it yet you'll get into an accident you can still take the bus. That piss me off more than anything in the world.

Jan 02 the exahust had to be replaced....so I had thrown it in the shop to get it fixed. Me and my stepdad went to pick up that night after it was done, and on the way home..I was following my stepdad in his truck...all of the sudden I saw gray smoke coming from my car...we pulled over to the side and my stepdad was redder in the face more the a tomato..he asked what I had done to the car I didn't jack shit to it. 1,000 later I thought the car was a goner...my rents then debated whether I should find another car and have this one tossed..I begged not to toss it, I told them I could find a motor and swap into the car.

I went thru the want ad and found one motor that had an auto tranny but at the time I didn't know jack shit about the car. I then came across a motor out of an EX that a guy wanted 600 bills for. I negotiated a price of 400 bills since I was short on cash and on a tight budget. The next week with my family in tow we went and picked up my cars new heart and soul.

I dropped off the motor the next day at school. At first no one really helped except for a few students and my instructor at good ole Taunton High. Some kids were being fucktards and decided to destory the ribs on the hood by popping the welds out and clipping my license plate....the very last straw was when they took my keys...I flipped out my new motor was in and all ready for action but a couple of pricks decided that they'd play a prank and take my keys....I didnt want dickwads testing out my car while I was at home. I came close to assaulting some fuckface with a tire iron and I set him and everyone else straight...after years of being silent in highschool I had my moment of glory and I wasnt gonna let ANYONE stand in my way of my pride and joy.

and in april 02 a month after all the hard work blood sweat and tears I was done..I swear I almost cried when I first heard the motor run...it was such a joyus moment.

I graduated that same year June 02 that same month I was united with my car..and ever since Ive had some awesome memories. My friend gettin a ticket for spinning the tires in my car lol and bowling it that same summer ah memorys....Unfortunately the alignment is fucked because it kissed a curb at 20 mph and it needs rust repair like no ones business....Its lasted me almost 2 years and it still runs strong..just that rust really irks me sometimes . Maple saw my car just yesterday when I fixed his thermostat...his has higher miles but has a better looking body.

This is indeed a novel that anyone can relate too and like Sho Nuff says..'Its weird how you dont want the car at first, but after driving the car, you and it become one.'

That indeed my friend is very true.

I named my car Laura...I dont know how I got the name but it stuck.
                  Last edited by HenRoc; 04-06-2004, 12:47 PM.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I have me CB7 for about 1½ year now.
                    I was looking for a bigger car because i like them bigger and my 88 civic hatch wanted to die.
                    I bought this 91 EX with a F20a for $3000 and it's still running very strong. I lowered (2.5"F 1.5"B) it and put some Brock dark chrome 17" rims
                    on it and built a exhaust for it (i've got a bending machine at my day job). I still use it for my daily transport and the interiour is still as new. I also have two other cars (Chevy,Opel) that are currently projects and when they are finished i will be turbocharging my F20a with carb and get rid of some of the rust. I don't give my cars a name but it isn't bad to pet them once a while.

Cheers,

Pjotr
                    No Honda There will be one eventually...
                    1996 Volvo 960 2.5i 24v autotragic

Comment

This is the kind of thread I have been waiting for. I've a story to tell. Gather round kids.

OK, it all started when my grandma(who raised me) brought home a 90 LX sedan. It was love at first sight. I love the car so much and even though I couldn't drive I still washed it and just sat in it all the time. So it about this time that I realized that I had to have a cb7.

So about 4 or so years later my buddy(who also always wanted a cb7) buys a 91 black EX coupe. I still remember riding along when he first brought it home. Man we all loved that car. It was immaculate too. Only 60K IIRC.

About a year and a half later I was a senior in high school and so ready to dump my POS 87 Nissan 200sx. That is a whole nother story and nightmare that I will talk about later. Anyway I finally graduated and set out to find my cb7. About a month later I found a 90 teal EX coupe AT with 84K. It looked cherry, but unfortunately it was in Portland which was about 280 miles away. So I had no chance to kick the tires or check it out. I just had to take the sellers word that it was in good condition. So we set up the loan and went up to Portland to pick the car up. When I first saw the lady pull into the parking lot and drive by it was love at first sight. That was until I saw the paint bubbling up in the usual spot. I was devitstated, but the car was so clean. I decided to test drive it anyway. It drive like a new car of course. So I bought it. I would soon regret this mistake.

So after a couple months I started to realize just how bad the rust problem was. My buddy had a body shop friend that will get rid of it for $450. So after a month of hell waiting for it to be fixed I finally got it back. It looked great and there was no ugly rust bubbles. Well not more than a week after getting it back the rust started to come back. I was so pissed. I finally decided to get rid of her. It just wasn't worth my time and money to keep battling this rust problem. The whole trunk area was infected with cancer. I don't think you could ever get rid of it 100%.

Well it was a sad day when someone other than me drove off with her, but I was a bit relieved at the same time. I went about a month before I found my next cb7. I had found a black 93 EX coupe 5speed in the paper. So my buddies and I went to check it out. The car was a one owner and it was in great shape. The only thing I didn't like was the high miles and rock chips on the hood, but I could deal with it. Unfortunately the lady wanted about 500 too much. I told her what I could give her and she said she didn't want to go that low. So I had to move on. About a week later I was driving home from work and spotted a cb7 coupe at a small local dealership. The had just put the car on the lot and there wasn't even a price yet. So I came back the next day and the price said $ 7999. I knew it was mine! I talked em down to $7200 and made the deal.

That is the same car that is in my members ride profile. I've owned her for over 4 years now. It's hard to believe.

You can check it out here. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=5298
                      "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

had to get rid of my other car due to legal bs so i came across a 93 accord w/ 16k on it for 1200 . It soon became mine....been working on it since sept 03
                        I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

WOW you guys paid a lot for your CB's...I posted my story before, somewhat interesting...anyways here's the cliff notes version.

I had a 95 Max, superblack SE 5spd in great mechanical shape but dismal appearance. So I'm driving it around one day and the right front tire blows...unfortunately it's in the rain, so the car spins clockwise and the right front side hits a guardrail. SUCKED bigtime...

So I'm out of a car for the summer since I had to help pay for the next one. My bday comes up and my parents say 'alright cool we'll give you enough to get a ~$4500 car'...cool. My uncle the Honda dealer starts checking out G20s, which was the perfect car for me outside of having 50 less HP than the Max...they look so sweet. So we ALMOST got a black 96 G20T for a decent price, but pops said that's a no-go...so we started looking into Accords. I was hoping to get either a 5g coupe or a 4g sedan....

Well that's what it was up between. The sedan had less miles and was cheaper (71K, $2200... ) because it was some lady's husband's car who passed away. Kinda weird. Anyways my uncle picked up the car and brought it to NY from VA.

My first impressions of it were awesome...the handling is great, the engine sounds good, and it's quick enough. Outside of the power and leather in my old Max I definitely like the CB a lot more.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

ok my stories go like this.
                            after coming to america in 98 working my ass of as a food delivery (on foot) in center philly i started to save money so i can buy a car. i was about 17 and my bro 15. we were new to this country and what we noticed was that a lot of cb7 had nice speakers and were very loud. lol didn't know about the systems yet. so after looking for a car for about 1 month a friend of mine tells me about this dark gray cb7. 90 accord dx. so we take it around and i loved the car. so we buy this dx with 123k in it for $5000. lol so i learned how to drive good on that car. my bro learned how to drive and my father learned how to drive.(never owned a car). for two years and a half i drove this car like a fucking mercedes. i did only 20 mph near my neighberhood.( lots of stopsines her ein philly) my brother would get 65 mph within a short city block. shit. we only changed a distributor on that honda dx. then it broke the timing belt doing 80mph coming from wildwood NJ after meeting some girl there lol.
                            the fix the bent valves and some other shit for $400. then the car seemed to go slower and slower. till mybro fucked it up on interstate 95 doing 80 mph. so my first love car died there.
                            my second is a 90 accord ex. this piece of shit was well kept and had only 102k in it. power everything . sunroof too. after 2 years and two new axles two new distributors and two rebuild head engines and after those a new 92 accord dx engine in it my car seems to get more money from me. think it needs a new automatic transmision. but fuck this
                            oh forgat the $4000 accident that i had. shit check it out on the DIY thread.
                            but i fixed that shit.
                            I THINK THIS CAR WANTS TO DIE and never be used again. that is how i feel.
                            from now on i only will buy manual cb7.
                            here is a pic of my 90 accord ex.

another one

long one hehhehe. hope i didn't put u guys to sleep
                            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

few years ago, i always wanted a black 96/97, which all clear lenses (all clear tails, clear bumpers, etc... back when clear tails were cool). a while later i was at church staring out the window into the parking lot, and i saw a dark grey cb7 in the back... and im thinking, "that looks familiar... that looks like the rear end of a 96 accord... hmm.. i kinda like it..." so i went out and looked at the registration sticker to see what it was, it was a 92 EX coupe (w/ spoiler).... it was beautiful. it had tinted windows, so i didnt realize someone was inside it, so he opened his door and was like "umm can i help u?" and i saw in, and it was all dark, like a capsule... with glowing lights from the dash and i was like "OMG i love your car... wow..."... loved the cb7s ever since.

since then i was a regular at accordracing, learned all about the cb7s, and decided i wanted a white 92/93 sedan (EX)... and that i REALLY wanted an H22 swap.... i looked forever for one that matched my criteria, and also had high miles (so it would be cheaper, so i could afford an h22)... then my friend one day was like "mike i saw a white accord up on 208, check it out..." and it ended up being perfect, bought it soon after for $2200. i talked to pat (acclude91) forever about h22 swaps, and bought an engine off ebay. few months later Pat PMed me, telling me to check out a new site called CB7Tuner... and here i am.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X