Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Flaming

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice was never an acronym in the beginning. It has always been a slang term with negative connotations, used for any vehicle of Asian origin. Originally coming from the term "rice burner", because rice is a dietary staple in Asia. It is actually a very racially charged word.
    The acronym was only created by people that drive Asian vehicles to try to defend themselves.

Over time, the term has simply come to indicate disapproval. It is generally accepted to refer to any modifications that are gaudy and functionless, but I've seen it extend to people who go overboard with expensive modifications, especially if they'll never be used (such as a 700hp show car...)

Either way, it's offensive, and nobody should ever use it directed at anyone else. Whenever I use the term, it is in an effort to discourage someone from taking a certain path... such as "only ricers slam their car on stock shocks." Essentially, stepping down to their level... because an ignorant kid won't see the reasoning behind "lowering your car for $50 isn't safe"... but he may stop and think "oh, if I do that, I'm a ricer?"

Comment

I don't think the issue of flame was specially to what type of car or statements made. I have gotten the dis for posting a question or it's not in the right area. I use this site and like it's style...except for the threads I read and someone says .."what did he post a worthless thread for?" Or "Did you read how to search?" To me that is a flame. Opinions will be either good or bad and should not put down anyone for how they roll. Questions are asked and the members, mods and Administer should be flattered that the person had faith in the site to ask something they hope this site can help their problem.
      We strive to keep our Accord sedans,coupes and wagons on the road and away from being an extinct model only remembered on print and in junk yards....and have fun here too.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

As Raf99 put it "I'm all about respect."

That's about the truth right down to the bottom of it.

Comment

R.I.P.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Telling someone to search without actually answering their question, or providing a link to the answer to their question, is against the rules. People get banned for that, when it's noticed by a moderator.

Granted, sometimes people should search. I just banned a worthless member (a 38 year old man that types like a toddler) for posting a thread about an H22A headswap. I answered his question, and I called him lazy (because I know I have PERSONALLY answered that question well over a dozen times in the past year alone!) While I called him lazy for not searching, I still provided any information that wasn't already provided by another member that had replied.

Comment

Point taken...we all get annoyed at the ones that ask the questions that can be and should have been searched before they posted the question. I'm glad to see the issue is seriously handled and I personally apologize for thinking it hadn't.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

You'll very rarely see a thread on this site that says nothing but "search!"
                There should always been some info given, or a link to the necessary info. If you ever notice a thread that does otherwise, please let me know about it!

Comment

one sweet ride

Comment

Originally posted by oldschool1 View Post
                    one sweet ride
                    What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Saying things like "I think your approach is interesting, but I'm not a fan of the result" isn't flaming. Perhaps it's unnecessary, unless you're asking a question, or complimenting something else... but it's not offensive. ESPECIALLY if the OP asks for opinions.

Saying "ew omg RICE!!!" is just downright insulting. Yes, it's the internet, and people shouldn't take things to heart... but you know what? We're not just a bunch of random dudes on the internet. We're a community here. We talk to each other on a daily basis. We interact, and ask each other for help. Our interactions are very "real life", despite the fact that we don't see each others' faces.

We had a member get banned for 4 days for a comment he made, He said something only mildly offensive, but he randomly put (R) (I) (C) (E) (Y) tucked between words... very clever. Rather offensive. Of course, he made another name right away and started attacking me and the mods... "this guy (himself on the other name) was banned, but you didn't ban that guy there... thats not fair." (that member is now permanently banned, btw...)
                      "that guy" was a guy that said, "I think it looks pretty ricey, but you did a good job with it."
                      Same offensive word, and honestly, I don't like the way it was stated... but it wasn't an attack. It wasn't ban-worthy.

Show some tact. Show some respect. That's all we ask.
                      what if they flame you then you flame them back ? is both of them going to get banned?
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Yes sir. I don't care to pick sides. Flaming is flaming. I don't care who started it. I ban all involved, and the mods have instructions to do the same.

Comment

Yes sir. I don't care to pick sides. Flaming is flaming. I don't care who started it. I ban all involved, and the mods have instructions to do the same.
                          ok just makeing sure i under stand the rules. thank you.
                          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

If someone flames you, and you want to get revenge... PM a mod and get them banned. This isn't 6th grade, where being a tattle-tale is frowned upon. Here, that's considered being responsible. As long as it's within reason (I've had people crying to me about every little thing another member said, and it gets irritating when overdone!)

Comment

If someone flames you, and you want to get revenge... PM a mod and get them banned. This isn't 6th grade, where being a tattle-tale is frowned upon. Here, that's considered being responsible. As long as it's within reason (I've had people crying to me about every little thing another member said, and it gets irritating when overdone!)
                              no none and have not seen any .

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

flaming is a waste certain mods from this site cough will flame u if u say u condone street racing thats where the sport came from but there always right.we race all the time why build a fast car then ?? track ok it goes there too fri and sat, mon thru fri- some shit has to be handled on the streets ~!!! 1 person will say go h22 alll day because thats all he could pull off dont listen k series is great f20b great c j series great motors AND CAN BE DONE. but its ur car ur life have fun dont be a turd!
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                                i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Working...
                                X