Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Noob questions for H swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob questions for H swap

Well I just need to make sure I have it all down.. So I have a jdm 92-95 obd1 h22 and I'm swapping out my f22a4..
    So I know I can use the accord harness with minimal mods, just undo the tape and loom and move the connectors where I need them to be, and swap a few sensors from the f to the h since the accord harness won't plug into some of the h sensors.
    I have a vtec subharness from rywire for $55 and I know what pins go where, and a p13 obd1 ecu. So won't that be all the work for the wiring?

JDM powered CB7

What is in the rywire harness? I don't know.
    But yes that should be about all you need.
    VTEC oil
    Vtec soleniod
    Knock sensor

Its not too difficult. As long as you have a good engine to start with.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
      What is in the rywire harness? I don't know.
      But yes that should be about all you need.
      VTEC oil
      Vtec soleniod
      Knock sensor

Its not too difficult. As long as you have a good engine to start with.

steve
      http://www.rywire.com/catalog/obd1-o...ness-p-18.html
      This is the subharness. It should come in today, along with the mounts and exhaust. The h22 has everything, the only problem I see myself running into is becoming familiar with where all the sensors are located on the motor.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

If the engine is a JDM engine then the VTEC solenoid will have a bolt threaded into where the oil pressure switch is. If your ECU is JDM then it won't even look for it. If not, then go grab a switch off of a VTEC solenoid from a '94-'97 Accord with an F22B1 or '92-'95 Civic with a D16Z6. There are many more than that but those are super common.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          If the engine is a JDM engine then the VTEC solenoid will have a bolt threaded into where the oil pressure switch is. If your ECU is JDM then it won't even look for it. If not, then go grab a switch off of a VTEC solenoid from a '94-'97 Accord with an F22B1 or '92-'95 Civic with a D16Z6. There are many more than that but those are super common.
          Alright, thanks for letting me know! Yeah it's a jdm engine and a usdm p13. Could I just order the switch for a f22b1? The local jy won't let anyone pick at the motors, you have to buy the damn thing. Their prices are up there too.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Ohhhhhh waiiiiiit. So this green connector is the oil pressure switch? That's all I need is the vtec solenoid that came with the oil pressure switch?

JDM powered CB7

Comment

There will be two separate connectors on the VTEC solenoid that the USDM P13 will look for. One is for the solenoid on top that both ECUs look for. The second is the green connector for the pressure switch on the side of the solenoid that only the US P13s look for. Since your solenoid is from a JDM engine it likely has a bolt in place to plug the hole. You can order the switch but it will be expensive. If I were you I would order a used VTEC solenoid on eBay from one of the engines I listed above since it will be cheap. Then purchase a Rywire subharness to wire everything up. Or there are cheaper alternatives on eBay from a couple of guys that just build subharnesses and sell them on eBay.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                There will be two separate connectors on the VTEC solenoid that the USDM P13 will look for. One is for the solenoid on top that both ECUs look for. The second is the green connector for the pressure switch on the side of the solenoid that only the US P13s look for. Since your solenoid is from a JDM engine it likely has a bolt in place to plug the hole. You can order the switch but it will be expensive. If I were you I would order a used VTEC solenoid on eBay from one of the engines I listed above since it will be cheap. Then purchase a Rywire subharness to wire everything up. Or there are cheaper alternatives on eBay from a couple of guys that just build subharnesses and sell them on eBay.
                I already have the subharness from rywire, I'll be ordering the vtec solenoid or looking for someone parting out a f22b1.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

I got to looking on the h22 and the vtec solenoid has the oil pressure switch, idk how to post pics on here.):

JDM powered CB7

Comment

The VTEc oil pressure switch you can find on any USDM honda with VTEC. Mine was from an accord.

steve

Comment

This is the Vtec solenoid on my H22.
                      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcOSAvcIQAA64Kc.jpg
                      I'm missing one of the mounting studs as well, could i get this off of any h/f motor that has already been pulled?

JDM powered CB7

Comment

swap

that is the same swap i did. i have 90 accord, I used the f22 distributer cap with the h22 dizzy and the same rewire harness. the egr plug is different just swap it and the egr plug and vss plug are the same dont get them mixed up. use the f22 water neck and fuel rail, make sure to swap the injectors you want the h22 injectors. I did not have to undue the harness at all. all the plugs fit in the stock location, it looks factory. I also mixed and matched the pulleys so the all had the same rib pattern. the swap took 1 day and no check engine lights, you will be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ridingtom9891 View Post
                          that is the same swap i did. i have 90 accord, I used the f22 distributer cap with the h22 dizzy and the same rewire harness. the egr plug is different just swap it and the egr plug and vss plug are the same dont get them mixed up. use the f22 water neck and fuel rail, make sure to swap the injectors you want the h22 injectors. I did not have to undue the harness at all. all the plugs fit in the stock location, it looks factory. I also mixed and matched the pulleys so the all had the same rib pattern. the swap took 1 day and no check engine lights, you will be very happy.
                          wow, 1 day? That's amazing lol. so you didn't have to undo the loom to pull a few connectors to the sensors? At the end of the day I always look at my f motor and check where the engine harness goes and what connects to what then look at the H motor and try to match them up as best as I can lol. But what do I do with this black vacuum box? I think it has the map sensor in it, some say. But the h has the map on the tb right? could i rip out the black box and just use the map on the tb?
                          Ps: thanks for your input!

JDM powered CB7

Comment

I did this H22 swap on my 92 EX almost two years ago and I used my F22 engine harness. I also bought the rywire sub-harness to connect the VTEC function on my H22A.

The things I changed on the H to make the harness an easy change over were:

1: Install Accord oil pressure sending unit so the harness plugs in.

2: I untaped Oxygen sensor harness, only needed a little more length I got more than enough harness length to reach oxygen sensor. Re-loomed and retaped O2 harness.

(I used an aftermarket header for the 93-96 Vtec Prelude as noted in the swap FAQ's)

3: I installed the Accord top radiator hose water neck, because it
                            has a coolant temp sensor in it and the harness plugs in. The JDM H22 did not have that sensor in the water neck.

4: I used the F22 EGR valve, harness plugs in.

5: I used the F22 fuel rail BUT use the H injectors.

6: I took the H internal coil distributor and removed all of the internals from the housing. I then took my F22 distributor which is an external coil distributor, removed the internals of that distributor. I then put the F22 internal parts into the H distributor housing.
                            Making an external coil H22 distributor.

You will be HAPPY you did the swap Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog 61 View Post
                              I did this H22 swap on my 92 EX almost two years ago and I used my F22 engine harness. I also bought the rywire sub-harness to connect the VTEC function on my H22A.

The things I changed on the H to make the harness an easy change over were:

1: Install Accord oil pressure sending unit so the harness plugs in.

2: I untaped Oxygen sensor harness, only needed a little more length I got more than enough harness length to reach oxygen sensor. Re-loomed and retaped O2 harness.

(I used an aftermarket header for the 93-96 Vtec Prelude as noted in the swap FAQ's)

3: I installed the Accord top radiator hose water neck, because it
                              has a coolant temp sensor in it and the harness plugs in. The JDM H22 did not have that sensor in the water neck.

4: I used the F22 EGR valve, harness plugs in.

5: I used the F22 fuel rail BUT use the H injectors.

6: I took the H internal coil distributor and removed all of the internals from the housing. I then took my F22 distributor which is an external coil distributor, removed the internals of that distributor. I then put the F22 internal parts into the H distributor housing.
                              Making an external coil H22 distributor.

You will be HAPPY you did the swap Best of luck to you.
                              I have a feeling I will be very happy once I'm done with the swap and thanks how hard was doing the distributor?

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X