Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Overheating. Gasket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating. Gasket???

92 ex coupe overheats with in like 3 to five mintues.... I feel as since it overheats that fast it has to be the head Gasket as the only thing that could transfer heat that fast to overheat if that makes sense. Don't have all the tools yet to do diagnostic but end game is to replace everything anyway but the headgaskets / water pump will be the most time/$ consuming so any thoughts or ideas.
    I know I should research this but it's cool have a community to bounce ideas off rather than read something. Thanks anyone

Comment

If your head gasket failed then more than likely your coolant and oil will be mixing somewhere. Drain your coolant, and drain your oil see if it has mixed. That would be my first check as both are fluids you need to replace every now and then, and are relatively cheap to do so.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Originally posted by thumping_accord View Post
        If your head gasket failed then more than likely your coolant and oil will be mixing somewhere. Drain your coolant, and drain your oil see if it has mixed. That would be my first check as both are fluids you need to replace every now and then, and are relatively cheap to do so.
        Now that you said it... I did add water to it run it for like five minutes after removed the radiator dumped the water out and it was clear... not even tainted from left over oil that would of been caked in it so to say.or saturated even if faintly. When I removed the thermostat house and water outlet it did have crystallized radiator fluid of sorts. Also pulled the dip stick and my tech said that oil was good to.... I feel that it over heats way to fast to be a fan or one the switches or sensors. It over heats to red within 5 minutes.... Also I would a radiator from a 98 or 01 accord work with it.... I know mounts are different but water hoses and what not matches... Just matter of if being slimmer than the 92 but same concept right.

Comment

The gauge says it is overheating; have you actually measured the temperature to see if the coolant is really getting that hot? An infrared thermometer that you can just aim at various surfaces is handy. May just be the gauge or sensor.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X