I did something stupid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did something stupid...

So I have a red 2002 Honda Civic Si beater, and I sold it for $1000. Now the guy hasn't picked it up, nor has he paid full price yet, he paid $100. He wants me to get the safety and stuff done before he picks it up. I hate the guy whos buying it, and hes gonna destroy the car, and I liked this car, but hes the only person I could find dumb enough to buy it for $1000. I accidentally locked the keys in with the engine running because I'm a dumbass, I did the exact same thing with my cb7 that what was pretty easy to break into without actually damaging anything. I tried that on the civic, I stuck my crowbar in at the corner of the door, and pulled it, I put in a screwdriver to keep the crevice open, and I stuck a screwdriver in, my crowbar slipped and fell into the crevice, and it was stopped by the curved end hitting the rear window and shattering it. I ended up getting the door open but I broke the window. There is no spare key for this car, hell, I dont even have the original, this was my sister's car and she abused it alot and somehow bent the original key and tossed it away, all I have is 1 crappy copy that barley works. I dont know how much its gonna cost to fix it, I dont know whether to fix it and sell it for 1k, or sell it to the idiot for a reduced price. I dont know how much it would cost to fix the window.

Betty and Betzi died for our sins

go to the junkyard and get the glass people to replace the window with one from a junk car. maybe 60-70$. if you like the car that much keep it around.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Here in the states, you can donate your cars to get a tax break. Maybe Canada has a similar program? I had my parents donate a 97 tracer, and they got an 1100 dollar break.

Comment

Ya, would of been cheaper/better to break the door window. Those small corner windows are more of a pain to replace.

Just put tint on it :P. but you'll have to get it fixed......

Comment

A tax break doesn't mean $1100 in pocket, though. It means you can write off $1100 worth of declared income. That really only makes a difference if it puts you in a different tax bracket.

If you want to maximize the car's value, part it out. There's far more than $1000 worth of parts in that car, for sure. Otherwise, you'll be paying to fix it, or dropping the price for the buyer (I assume this is the same guy that trashed Betzi?) You could always glue a piece of plexiglass in there if you and/or the buyer don't particularly care. As long as it keeps the rain out.

I hadn't realized until now that the Canadian Si was pretty lame. 127hp. Not the same as the EP3 Si that we got in the US! I think you guys got that as the SiR (which is infinitely cooler... if only a badging difference...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            A tax break doesn't mean $1100 in pocket, though. It means you can write off $1100 worth of declared income. That really only makes a difference if it puts you in a different tax bracket.

If you want to maximize the car's value, part it out. There's far more than $1000 worth of parts in that car, for sure. Otherwise, you'll be paying to fix it, or dropping the price for the buyer (I assume this is the same guy that trashed Betzi?) You could always glue a piece of plexiglass in there if you and/or the buyer don't particularly care. As long as it keeps the rain out.

I hadn't realized until now that the Canadian Si was pretty lame. 127hp. Not the same as the EP3 Si that we got in the US! I think you guys got that as the SiR (which is infinitely cooler... if only a badging difference...)
            The buyer isn't the guy who trashed Betzi, That guy drove every last one of his friends off, because of not so intelligent decisions. The guy I'm selling the Si to is some guy who I helped renovate kitchens with. He has no idea what an oil change is, He also has no idea what an automatic car is. When he first saw the Si he tried to negotiate the price down because "The clutch pedal is missing"

And yes the Canadian Si is really pathetic. It basically has an improved Betzi engine (Honda D engine). Mine is an automatic to make things worse, it was also abused severely by the first owner and my sister who crashed it on a weekly basis. It actually feels more gutless than my stock 125 HP CB7, at least until the revs get super high. The Vtec in it is boring, probably more fuel economy oriented than performance, it kicks in at around 3200 ish rpm, and you dont feel it kick in, nor do you hear it. The automatic transmission needs to downshift alot more to be able to keep the revs high enough to keep up with the CB7 if you decide to accelerate from a cruising speed. Still a great little beater though, and thats why I loved it. Theres a guy who does autobody repair and other crap super cheap at the shop beside my dad's wood shop. I'll see how much he charges for a window replacement. Its mainly being sold because we cant justify keeping it, we have a CB7 and an extremely boring nissan rouge already.

Comment

next time just call tripple A. and always roll your window down when you get out just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                next time just call tripple A. and always roll your window down when you get out just to be safe.
                I started keeping a spare key for my cb7 in my wallet. As for the civic, Window is $40. I'm gonna fix it and sell it to the guy asap

Comment

Working...
                X