Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how bad was that XTD... Because I may or may not be putting one in my car ... 6 puck unsprung, with OEM style flywheel...

I was going to go Exedy as recommended, but that was $150 plus tax, vs $50 for a new XTD my buddy had. I know, $100 bucks difference, but still, that $100 bucks paid for the clutch master, slave, and line.
    I'm a little nervous about putting such an intense clutch, and a not very reputable one at that.

The only issues people seemed to have was with the sprung version of this 6 puck.
    Last edited by GTRON; 06-09-2017, 07:57 PM.
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Total garbage. 6 puck "stage 3" gripped worse than an oem replacement, and I installed and broke it in correctly.
      It probably won't hurt anything as long as you use an oem throw out bearing, but don't expect much from it. And plan on it dying way sooner than you expect. You could be pulling it again in 25-30k.

Comment

For factory replacement i would go with Exedy which i have done, for my up coming project i am going with either a Competition Clutch stage 4 with 6 puck or a ACT equivalent. I will spend the money to avoid having to drop the tranny twice.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Total garbage. 6 puck "stage 3" gripped worse than an oem replacement, and I installed and broke it in correctly.
          It probably won't hurt anything as long as you use an oem throw out bearing, but don't expect much from it. And plan on it dying way sooner than you expect. You could be pulling it again in 25-30k.
          Haha. There has to be a reason it's $80 eh? I don't have a OEM throw out bearing though... I just have the one that came with the clutch... I honestly haven't driven stick before, so I don't even really know what to expect with anything manual What is the break-in procedure for a clutch?

It's very possible I would be pulling the engine block within 25-30K of driving anyways, so I guess that's ok, since I would have the opportunity to put in a nicer clutch.
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

There's a good chance that bearing will seize and destroy a bunch of stuff.
            The clutch break in procedure should be included with the clutch.

Comment

Yikes. What kind of throwout bearing should I get then?
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Have you been reading this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Have you been reading this thread?
                  Sorry, I did not think that through.

Are there any other throw out bearings, besides OEM that would be reputable?..
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Exedy's stuff is decent, but OEM is still superior.

Comment

Working...
                    X