Hopefully I dont start hearing Amy Whinehouse music everywhere now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
    She had all the opportunity in the world to help herself... And failed. She killed herself... I cant feel TO bad for a person that does it to themselves. Through the use of drugs or not.

I was pointing out when you die early you don't have a opportunity to produce crap... Who knows what Kurt Cobain, Bradley Nowell and others would of done in the future but they are glorified in death.
    please dont start talking shit about sublime
    Bradley Nowell was glorified in life

Comment

True, he really WAS gifted. He'd have been a legitimate superstar had he not died just before Sublime really hit it big.

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
        please dont start talking shit about sublime
        Bradley Nowell was glorified in life
        Never said that.... I am a fan only reason I know his name off the top of my head... But no one know what he would of truly done past the first successful commercial album.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          True, he really WAS gifted. He'd have been a legitimate superstar had he not died just before Sublime really hit it big.
          they did hit it big out here....
          and maybe its different for me many shows party's and just hanging out at friends houses seeing sublime
          they were a big deal out here

kinda but have you heard the new sublime with rome??

Comment

Amy Winehouse is a LEGEND! She revolutionized her style of music, and ushered in a new era of music!

(for you kids that were in diapers when Kurt Cobain bit it... that's what I'm referencing... )
            Kurt Cobain was a genius as far as his music. I would consider him a legend way before Amy Winehouse. I say RIP and feel for her family but I can't see her as legendary.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

I don't see the genius with cobain's music. It's nothing groundbreaking... he just happened to be the one that rode the wave to the top. Not saying he wasn't talented, but people hyped him up WAY beyond his actual skill level after his death.

Winehouse probably has more raw talent... but I knew her more as a pathetic drugged out celebrity than an artist... THAT is her legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by jova1993cb View Post
                Kurt Cobain was a genius as far as his music. I would consider him a legend way before Amy Winehouse.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Well, Cobain definitely IS a legend... but not exactly a genius (though he did have more musical skill than his popular music demonstrated... I've heard a few things from Dave Grohl that gave some insight on just how much talent and knowledge Cobain had...) Still... far from legendary.

I usually get flamed to shit for it... but another 27yo artist that is legendary, that I just don't understand... Hendrix. Yes, he was skilled, but there were far better guitarists, singers, and songwriters in his day. I never quite understood his iconic status.

Comment

Well, Cobain definitely IS a legend... but not exactly a genius (though he did have more musical skill than his popular music demonstrated... I've heard a few things from Dave Grohl that gave some insight on just how much talent and knowledge Cobain had...) Still... far from legendary.

I usually get flamed to shit for it... but another 27yo artist that is legendary, that I just don't understand... Hendrix. Yes, he was skilled, but there were far better guitarists, singers, and songwriters in his day. I never quite understood his iconic status.
                    I get a lot of flak for it too, but I feel the same way about Hendrix and Stevie. And Pantera. (oh god, here it comes) But I'm from TX, so that could be why.

But I can't stand Cobain. At all. However, Dave Grohl is a talented musician. Ive heard some stuff from him that I actually like.

This project of his, for one.

Comment

Yeah, Grohl has what it takes to be a real star. Talent, personality, energy... I don't like 80% of the Foo Fighters songs I hear, and I don't care for most of the bands he's played with as side projects... but I respect the hell out of that man and everything he does.

Pantera is legendary in their own genre, I think... but that's about it. Though in my opinion, they started their best sound with Cowboys From Hell, and they peaked one album later with Vulgar Display of Power. Everything after that just wasn't as good. 2 quality albums doesn't count as legendary, IMO.
                      Now Metallica is legendary... even if they've spent the past 20 years writing music that is so far removed from their old sound that it's practically a different band...

Comment

I had the Metallica conversation the other night at a BBQ. Kill 'em All will always be my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
                          I had the Metallica conversation the other night at a BBQ. Kill 'em All will always be my favorite.
                          Aye, this I agree with.

I tried listening to one song from one of their newer albums, and gave up after it turned into 3 different random songs combined into one long ass annoying song with no real musical merit except "look at Hammet shred".

Now, someone I can appreciate that died before their time (albeit, not in the "27 club") is Jim Croce.

Dude was awesome.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Randy Rhoads. That is all.

Comment

sure she was a decent artist.

but i will never have any sympathy for someone who chose to kill themselves with drugs...everyone is responsible for their actions.
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                                Its really annoying that because you don't enjoy the music, that you poke fun at the loss of life.

Real mature approach(not only directed at the OP, but also all my moronic friends on FB)

While i can agree that to some degree she wasn't the same caliber as the "other" 27 club members, she was definitely talented and had an amazing voice.

If you can't see it or fail to admit it, your just an asshole or retarded.

I never gave up on her and was excited that she was actually writing new stuff and touring.

Im pretty bummed over this.
                                yeah yeah.. she had SOME talent, but IMO, she will be considered part of that "club", but i dont think she deserves to be grouped with the others.. she came into the game as a junky and just got worse... like i said, i ADMIT she does have SOME talent, but didnt make as big of a mark on music as the others did..

Comment

Working...
                                X