Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whos this woman again?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
      whos this woman again?

Comment

I just hear alot of people say Kurt Cobain made the grunge era and was a big influence on todays music. He may not be considered a legend but he did put a good dent in music.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

For everyone who thinks that Kurt Cobain is overrated....i have one word for you....Unplugged.

Everyone in attendance to this day admits that it was THE best Unplugged ever recorded.

Unfortunately a lot of BS surrounded him and turned a lot of people off.

Nirvana definitely did not start the Grunge movement.

If you have ever read anything about it you would know that its better attributed to Mother Love Bone and Green River.

It was alive and kicking well into 1980-1981 well before Nirvana started fucking around in 87-88.

Nirvana has been and will always be my favorite band.

Alot of people usually attribute it to him passing. Not the case.

When i fell in love with them, my friend put on Bleach. I was blown away. I had never heard anything so dark or heavy yet beautiful.

Then he played Nevermind. A complete 180, yet it was so fucking powerful and arranged so well that you can't help but listen.

It was only after hearing the music that i found out he was dead...i thought they were still kicking lol. And this would have been 96-97.

Ive been told many times that i would grow out of it and i just can't.

There is such a connection with the stuff they played, so soulful and real. No bullshit just good fucking music. Yes a lot of it is poppy but that is what they liked....they even admitted it.

Do i think they were the greatest band ever? No...that would be The Beatles.

But Cobain was an awesome songwriter and had a real great ability to approach songwriting and always put music first.

As far as Hendrix, i don't know what other "amazing" guitarists your referencing Mike, but Clapton and Beck who are two extraordinary guitarists were both blown out of the water with Jimi's raw ability, so i beg to differ.

If you can't hear Cobain/Hendrix's ability through their music, then you haven't given either a serious listen, im sorry.

As far as Amy Winehouse is concerned, i don't expect everyone to have any sympathy for her since i agree she did it to herself, but like i told someone the other day--

None of us knew her. None of us knew what she was fighting or trying to smother. She obviously had issues and unfortunately was unable or unwilling to fix them.

To sit here and make jokes at her expense is just portraying your insecurities on her.

When someone you love is overcome with an addiction and loses in that battle, you come tell me how that feels.

I really liked her as a musician. I thought her music was refreshing and had a cool 50's/jazz/soul feel. She had A LOT more to give and i just can't stand to see people sit here and talk shit.

Idk it just has been bugging me.

Like for instance, look at all the fucking people that poured out sympathy, not hate, for Ryan from Jackass. The guy rolled his Porsche, while drunk, into a tree.

And i should be sad? AND he killed a friend.

Really? At least Amy didn't take anyone with her, although i realize her family will be devastated.
          Last edited by Ralphie; 07-24-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

And really?

SRV and Dime?

WTF is wrong with you?

So you don't like someone because your from TX and so are they?

Im not saying that they were game changers but SRV and Dime influences millions of guitarists and are highly respected.....if that is you in your sig how could you not appreciate what they did?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              And really?

SRV and Dime?

WTF is wrong with you?

So you don't like someone because your from TX and so are they?

Im not saying that they were game changers but SRV and Dime influences millions of guitarists and are highly respected.....if that is you in your sig how could you not appreciate what they did?
              I never said I didn't like or respect them. I just believe they are overrated. They are both great musicians, but people down here believe they are the end-all-be-all of music. I wasn't saying that I don't like them because I'm from TX, I was just saying that I get a lot of shit for not religiously worshipping them like people do here.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
                I never said I didn't like or respect them. I just believe they are overrated. They are both great musicians, but people down here believe they are the end-all-be-all of music. I wasn't saying that I don't like them because I'm from TX, I was just saying that I get a lot of shit for not religiously worshipping them like people do here.
                Ok well i can dig that.

No musician is the end all be all.

If so then there would be no point in moving forward but there is because someone always has something new to bring to the table.

Comment

If I look at what all these artists have in common, I can see why they are often upheld as legendary.
                  They all brought a subculture of music to the foreground. They took something that was a "cult" thing, and made it into the kool aid, so to speak.

The New York Dolls. Who? Oh, David Bowie.
                  Mud Honey. Who? Oh, Nirvana.
                  To illustrate.

Not that they somehow ripped anyone off... they just found the sound that the other guys in the subculture hadn't.

A.W. didn't start the reinvention of retro jazz/rock sounds, but she made it taste good to a lot of people...

There is something to be said for having that ability.
                  Last edited by LadyG; 07-24-2011, 10:40 PM.
                  Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Before fame:

After fame:

Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ok well i can dig that.

No musician is the end all be all.

If so then there would be no point in moving forward but there is because someone always has something new to bring to the table.
                      Exactly.

If you keep looking backwards, you'll probably trip over a lot of shit.

Comment

It took me a while to decide what to say but it would not be accurate, there are decent people in this world but overall....everyone is a fucking hypocrite.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                          It took me a while to decide what to say but it would not be accurate, there are decent people in this world but overall....everyone is a fucking hypocrite.
                          I also agree with this statement.

Comment

Ya i came off strong but it was really annoying to turn around every 5 secs and here a joke referencing her.

If you don't like her or think she is a shit stain and have no sympathy that is fine, but its so obvious that people jump on the bandwagon to troll.

Most of the people don't even care, but they will make rants just for the attention at her expense, and no matter what she did or who she was, that is not right.

Comment

Ya i came off strong but it was really annoying to turn around every 5 secs and here a joke referencing her.

If you don't like her or think she is a shit stain and have no sympathy that is fine, but its so obvious that people jump on the bandwagon to troll.

Most of the people don't even care, but they will make rants just for the attention at her expense, and no matter what she did or who she was, that is not right.
                              My thoughts exactly. But I aimed mine statement nation wide, everyone is a critic but no one actually makes an effort to help. It's easy to say " if you want help you have to put in efffort" but that's not always the case.... Addiction is a disease

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                                My thoughts exactly. But I aimed mine statement nation wide, everyone is a critic but no one actually makes an effort to help. It's easy to say " if you want help you have to put in efffort" but that's not always the case.... Addiction is a disease
                                yesir

Comment

Working...
                                X