Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car wont start no spark help

Hey Guys and Gals,
    So after getting pickup up from school in my cb7 i headed home to grab tools and go to the wreckers to pickup my new bumper and armrest... and as i started the car again it had a misfire, so i shut it off and looked around and found one of the spark plug wires on the distributor side came off. So i plugged it in and now the car wont start D: and i rang racv roadside he was stumped because thier is no spark at all now, any ideas guys D: really really need help. Luckily i was 20 from home and like 6 neighbors helped us push it into my garage lol.
    Thanks
    Anthony

Originally posted by thedatazoo View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals,
    So after getting pickup up from school in my cb7 i headed home to grab tools and go to the wreckers to pickup my new bumper and armrest... and as i started the car again it had a misfire, so i shut it off and looked around and found one of the spark plug wires on the distributor side came off. So i plugged it in and now the car wont start D: and i rang racv roadside he was stumped because thier is no spark at all now, any ideas guys D: really really need help. Luckily i was 20 from home and like 6 neighbors helped us push it into my garage lol.
    Thanks
    Anthony
    Start looking at your igniter and coil.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Look in the dizzy for oil... Start from the motor and work back. When was the last time you did a cap/rotor replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        Look in the dizzy for oil... Start from the motor and work back. When was the last time you did a cap/rotor replacement?
        It needs a new cap and rotor button bad :P, but the roadside dude took the cap of and there was no spark there so im guessing igniter module?

Comment

It needs a new cap and rotor button bad :P, but the roadside dude took the cap of and there was no spark there so im guessing igniter module?
          Thats where I would look, and the coil. Here:

http://www.justanswer.com/honda/1j98...ybe-month.html

Comment

FFS i replaced my cap,rotor and ignitor module and it still wont start >.> ideas?

Comment

FFS i replaced my cap,rotor and ignitor module and it still wont start >.> ideas?
              Have you tested the coil using the DIY I posted?

Comment

Had an auto elec test my coil it was fine so any ideas guys?

Comment

Are you getting signal to the coil?

Any CEL codes?

Have you tested the main relay?

If you know you have no spark and the coil is good start working back toward your ECU.
                  Last edited by wildBill83; 10-30-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

What all does the main relay control?

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

Fuel pump and ignition are controlled by the main relay.

Comment

Ok. If the relay is bad will one function and not the other?

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

^the cb7tuner link works but the other one times out :/, so anyway my dizzy tested 100% however its not sending out spark. Does the main relay tell the ignitor to make spark?

Comment

Guys im so lost now, Checked and re-soldered the main relay, new cap and rotor, New ignitor module and my coil tested perfect ideas guys?

Comment

Working...
                            X