Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord lx oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord lx oil leak

Heres the deal guys , about 6 days ago I got a standard oil change and tranny flush on my car at 150,000 miles. Today I was driving and my oil light came on!!!! so i checked the oil and just figured the guy didn't put enough oil in so I threw in a quart. about 10 mins later boom oil light again. looked underneath the car sure enough oil leak. I had the car towed to the shop where i got the work done cause i figured it was something stupid like a double gasket. Later sure enough not that simple. I was told without them taking off the timing belt cover it was the cam seal but they also said i should change the crank seal while im there and they wanted 488 buck to do it since i dont have that kind of money they filled the car up with oil and said i can pick up the seals for like 18 bucks for the both of them. I drove the car home oil light didn't come on but I believe at least a quart and a half of oil came out. It's sitting in my driveway and im going to fix the seals but I don't know exactly how and if those are the only 2 i should change while I'm there. any tips procedures or any help I can get would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

if im not mistaken, they should sell the seal kit that includes all the seals needed to perfrom such job.

Comment

screw the shop

I took off the valve cover and the timing belt cover and there was no leak from the top but after i jacked it up looks like its coming from the crank shaft for sure any ideas on how to change that seal out doing it at home

Comment

Working...
      X