Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    lmao. fine then. ill bother you

and of everything. dogs. cars. buildings. people.
    Good call. I make a lot less money from my hobby and im not nearly as good as he is. haha

If most of your stuff is in good light than consumer level zoom with a variable aperture will work. If you find yourself shooting a lot inside in normal "house" light, I would look for something with a constant aperture of 2.8 or larger. I have the tamron 17-50 f/2.8, and its great for a walk around.
    Check out reviews on lenses that you are considering and it will probably be obvious if its a good choice.

1999 Honda Prelude
    Photography Site

Comment

a master!!?!?! u people are insane.... im a noob myself!

but yeah i agree with zelseman buy a camera and an all purpose lens and go from there...

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

But a d40 and keep the kit lens. I used that combo for over a year learning a lot! The combo can take great pics if you know how to use it.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
          But a d40 and keep the kit lens. I used that combo for over a year learning a lot! The combo can take great pics if you know how to use it.
          i might do that. ive found a few on ebay. i seem to find a bunch of cameras up there for cheap with small things wrong with them. i got my g/f a perfectly working Fujifilm Finepix S700 for 80 bucks. came with a carrying case and original packaging. i got mine for about $40 and the only thing that was wrong with mine was the screen was broke. but the view finder worked. i got a screen off ebay for $20 and put it in and works perfectly now

i might be able to snag up a D40 or 2 for about $80-90 a piece. depends on when the auction ends. haha. ill see tho.

Comment

We also have some stickies that contain A LOT of useful information. That way we don't beat a dead horse with the same redundant question. PLEASE read them. They will probably answer a lot of your questions from what camera to get and camera reviews to photography lessons, tips and terminology. Most importantly, ilovemycb7 said along with many others, shoot, shoot and shoot some more. Even if i don't have my camera with my im snapping photos with my iphone!
            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
            Check out my JDM F22B swap
            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
              We also have some stickies that contain A LOT of useful information. That way we don't beat a dead horse with the same redundant question. PLEASE read them. They will probably answer a lot of your questions from what camera to get and camera reviews to photography lessons, tips and terminology. Most importantly, ilovemycb7 said along with many others, shoot, shoot and shoot some more. Even if i don't have my camera with my im snapping photos with my iphone!
              I thought I was the only one that recognized this issue. haha
              Stickies ftw.

1999 Honda Prelude
              Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                I thought I was the only one that recognized this issue. haha
                Stickies ftw.
                thanks for yalls help. ill look thru the stickies

Comment

Here are a couple from a game last week:

And last semester I got a chance to get non-profit community service hours for my scholarship from a job placement company for mentally challenged individuals(www.thebridgesfound.org). I shot their summer camp and thier Halloween dance this fall and I will get a chance to work with them again for their winter dance next weekend. Im excited. Here is a few shots from this summer and fall:

1999 Honda Prelude
                  Photography Site

Comment

Haven't posted in this thread in a while. One from today's action in which UT put a blistering on Auburn. We won 93-3.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

very cool action shot! i like it
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

i love it! love the mud flying up..

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Thanks guys! Mud makes for crappy playing conditions but it's excellent for showing action

Comment

Nice stuff. Shooting sports looks pretty difficult...

Here are some randoms.

Click for my ride thread.

Comment

That's a tight bike shot

Comment

Very good composition on that first shot! Everything looks very symetrical. As far as the shot with the bike goes... Damn you lol. I haven't been able to get on my road bike since December. Way too cold here and makes me want to move! Cool shot tho. A tip tho, when shooting bikes stand them so you can see the crank and the rear derailluer
                                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
                                X