No announcement yet.

wildBill83 : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope things go great in MN! Will be watching this forum to enjoy your updates.

Comment

I'm ordering my new exhaust soon, when the S10 Blazer is out of the garage the SE gets a whole bunch of new goodies. :-)

I will be in Texas on Thanksgiving to get my shop equipment and my LSD transmission and then this winter I'll hop between my SE and my SBC build. The SE should be ready to track by summer next year.

Comment

Where the hell in Texas did you live? It looks like here...

Comment

I lived in central Texas, down near Waco/Temple/Killeen. Hill country. I miss it. I live in the flat plains of Minnesota now where the wind never stops. Go figure I would move up here with a lowered Honda on the hardest winter since the 40's on record.

I owe the gold SE some R&R time.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            I lived in central Texas, down near Waco/Temple/Killeen. Hill country. I miss it. I live in the flat plains of Minnesota now where the wind never stops. Go figure I would move up here with a lowered Honda on the hardest winter since the 40's on record.

I owe the gold SE some R&R time.
            I would live there no doubt. And be happy as can be as well. I have wondered what East Texas or maybe the area around Texarkana is like. I like the rural Texan mentality and I like a lot of what Texas has going on politically.

I get what you mean. Sometimes the old CB's need a bit of a break.

Comment

Looks good can't wait to see the turbo on it.
              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                I would live there no doubt. And be happy as can be as well. I have wondered what East Texas or maybe the area around Texarkana is like. I like the rural Texan mentality and I like a lot of what Texas has going on politically.

I get what you mean. Sometimes the old CB's need a bit of a break.
                Yeah, the winter was hell on the tires I had on it. I never went and bought winter rubber just destroyed my tires instead. I made it 30kmiles on 45k mile tires and I consider that pretty decent considering how I like to corner. Front tires were down to wear marks and the rears aren't too far away. I threw some cheap-o 205-55-R16s on from Firestone today just to be able to move the car around until next spring. I had to drive to the twin cities to do it, but got to see my new niece at the same time.

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                Looks good can't wait to see the turbo on it.
                Neither can I, I'm not planning to have a drag car so huge HP is not my goal. I'm looking for some 0-60 times that give me a big smile. I'm still in the planning phase and about to start the acquisition stage. Once I get my tools up from Texas after Thanksgiving I'll decide to setup shop in the basement or the garage, all depending on if I can get a wood burning stove to heat the garage. The lady doesn't want me to build motors in the basement...

Comment

[/QUOTE] The lady doesn't want me to build motors in the basement...[/QUOTE]

BUT basement built is the best lol.
                  CB7TUNER.com
                  Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I told her it was perfect, the bath tub could double as a parts washer... She gave me a dirty look after that.

If I can't get heat in the garage I just insulated then I'm working in the basement. She can deal with it, I'm not loosing fingers to frostbite this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                      I told her it was perfect, the bath tub could double as a parts washer... She gave me a dirty look after that.

If I can't get heat in the garage I just insulated then I'm working in the basement. She can deal with it, I'm not loosing fingers to frostbite this winter.
                      It's more than frostbite, though thats what might convince her.
                      It's the moisture in the garage after you turn the heat off getting into your clean parts that would be a concern for me.
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

I think during spring and fall I would be concerned about moisture, in the dead of winter here in MN there is almost no humidity in the air. I figure my garage is as large as a three stall garage and one stall is going to be taken up by my CB7 and I won't be parking the blazer or other CB7 in the garage. So I'm only worried about the moisture from my own breath.

Don't get me wrong, I have a walk out basement and would prefer to build the motor down there and walk it out during the spring, but without a central air and heating system in my house all of the moisture seems to collect in the basement. So much moisture in the basement over the winter that I have to run a dehumidifier. Two adults and two kids, with two dogs and a cat exhale a lot of water.

Comment

Sounds like you just need too get a oil burner for the garage then.
                          Damn wish i had a garage i had too worry about heating this winter.
                          CB7TUNER.com

Comment

I thought about a waste oil burner but unless I spend $$ to get one or a lot of time to make and adjust one I might have well just buy an old wood burning stove and burn some of my wood. Gives me a reason to use my chain saw.

Comment

Working...
                            X