No announcement yet.

JDMxDB8 : 2012 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man you said this car was a lease.. so when you are ready to trade the car again are you gonna remove all the cool stuff u bought and make it oem again? Why do ppl lease a car for instead of just buyin it? I kno you can buy it after ur lease is up.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Hey man you said this car was a lease.. so when you are ready to trade the car again are you gonna remove all the cool stuff u bought and make it oem again? Why do ppl lease a car for instead of just buyin it? I kno you can buy it after ur lease is up.
      I was going to buy the Si Sedan, but the dealer wanted way too much for it. Asking for almost $28K and to put down at least $4K down. I didn't want to pay almost $30K for an Si, so I chose to go with the LX Coupe instead. It's mainly a daily anyway, plus the price of the Si will go down by the time my lease is up. And yes, I'm going to go back to stock before my lease ends.
      Raceline USA

Comment

Can you please explain the deal behind a lease? I kno you have to have full coverage on the car.. I'm guesssin its cheaper to put money down and lease a car vs puttin money down and owning a car.

Are the payments the same lease and actually buyin the car with payments

Comment

Can you please explain the deal behind a lease? I kno you have to have full coverage on the car.. I'm guesssin its cheaper to put money down and lease a car vs puttin money down and owning a car.

Are the payments the same lease and actually buyin the car with payments
          I actually didn't put any money down for the FG3. All I paid was the drive off, licensing, and tax fees. Monthly payments when leasing are always cheaper than when you buy a car.
          Raceline USA

Comment

Took Lana to The Streets of Willow on Sunday for a few laps before trying out Big Willow.

What the front tires looked like after 3 laps at SOW and 3 laps at Big Willow. The OEM Continental ContiProContact tires held up pretty well to allow me to take Turn 8 flat out reaching over 100 MPH. However, due to the heat, they started giving up during my 2nd hot lap which forced me to retire.

Finally put on the 11Rs last night. I'm really liking the bronze more than the black.

Last edited by JDMxDB8; 06-26-2012, 01:54 PM.
            Raceline USA

Comment

I like where this is going. Nice tasteful mods.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                I like where this is going. Nice tasteful mods.
                Thanks! She's getting there...
                Raceline USA

Comment

Who has a rear lip for this car out already? Spoon?

Comment

leasing is basically renting, bottom line. why didnt you get a EX?

Comment

Just a little bit on the topic of leasing a vehicle.

Whether this is a good or a bad financial decision varies from situation to situation. Yes, you are paying money and then you are giving the car back (unless you decide to purchase it at the end of the lease) BUT buying a brand new car, driving it for 3-4 years, and then selling it is NOT a better financial decision. By the time everything is said and done, buying a new car is TYPICALLY going to cost you slightly more than leasing it, should you decide to sell it after the first 3-4 years of ownership. Now, this will vary from one brand to another, and Hondas don't depreciate as fast as some other brands. But still leasing makes a whole lot of sense. It is nice to have a brand new car which doesn't need maintenance work done and you can run it hard and know that it is guaranteed that you will be able to return it at the end of the lease (as long as it is cosmetically in good condition) and somebody else gets to deal with all the problems after you beat on it.
                      AND with a lease, it is nice to pay $300 a month rather than $600 a month if you would have bought it (the number is a ROUGH example taken from my lease situation). So it does make a lot of sense. Don't forget guys that if you buy a brand new vehicle and pay it off, but then decide to sell it. That depreciation after 4 years is going to cut the value of the car at least 40% from what you originally bought it for (for some brands even more) so essentially, it will be almost like you leased the car after everything is said and done.
                      I look at every car I've ever owned as a lease. Because after you sell it, that's basically all it was - a lease. I keep a spreadsheet on how much was spent on the car and how much it was sold for. Then you take the difference and divide it by the number of months you had the car for. You'll be surprised if you do this with an older Honda. For me, my old Hondas actually cost me as much as 400-500 a month (if you look at it as a lease) because once you start heavily modding a car, its value depreciates even more rapidly.
                      Sorry OP about the long rant.
                      Last edited by rexload; 06-27-2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Who has a rear lip for this car out already? Spoon?
                        No aftermarket companies offer any rear lips for the 2012 Civic yet, but Honda has rear valances available.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                        My FG3 was the only 5-speed at the dealership at the time.

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                        Just a little bit on the topic of leasing a vehicle.

Whether this is a good or a bad financial decision varies from situation to situation. Yes, you are paying money and then you are giving the car back (unless you decide to purchase it at the end of the lease) BUT buying a brand new car, driving it for 3-4 years, and then selling it is NOT a better financial decision. By the time everything is said and done, buying a new car is TYPICALLY going to cost you slightly more than leasing it, should you decide to sell it after the first 3-4 years of ownership. Now, this will vary from one brand to another, and Hondas don't depreciate as fast as some other brands. But still leasing makes a whole lot of sense. It is nice to have a brand new car which doesn't need maintenance work done and you can run it hard and know that it is guaranteed that you will be able to return it at the end of the lease (as long as it is cosmetically in good condition) and somebody else gets to deal with all the problems after you beat on it.
                        AND with a lease, it is nice to pay $300 a month rather than $600 a month if you would have bought it (the number is a ROUGH example taken from my lease situation). So it does make a lot of sense. Don't forget guys that if you buy a brand new vehicle and pay it off, but then decide to sell it. That depreciation after 4 years is going to cut the value of the car at least 40% from what you originally bought it for (for some brands even more) so essentially, it will be almost like you leased the car after everything is said and done.
                        I look at every car I've ever owned as a lease. Because after you sell it, that's basically all it was - a lease. I keep a spreadsheet on how much was spent on the car and how much it was sold for. Then you take the difference and divide it by the number of months you had the car for. You'll be surprised if you do this with an older Honda. For me, my old Hondas actually cost me as much as 400-500 a month (if you look at it as a lease) because once you start heavily modding a car, its value depreciates even more rapidly.
                        Sorry OP about the long rant.
                        No problem man.
                        Raceline USA

Comment

Photo was taken last night by my buddy Danny Nguyen from JDM Zip Ties. Car was super dirty and I can't wait to get coilovers and close the ugly wheel gap!
                          Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                            I was going to buy the Si Sedan, but the dealer wanted way too much for it. Asking for almost $28K and to put down at least $4K down. I didn't want to pay almost $30K for an Si, so I chose to go with the LX Coupe instead. It's mainly a daily anyway, plus the price of the Si will go down by the time my lease is up. And yes, I'm going to go back to stock before my lease ends.
                            That was crap for an SI. I know the market was a little worse when I got mine, but I basically paid invoice for it, and I KNOW you can probably find a better deal on the 2012's... I understand if you didn't have any other dealers around, but 28K? It better come with a BJ and regular poon for that much extra...

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                            Actually, so is buying, because by the time you are done paying for it, you still have something that is worth less than what you spent. Leasing is more like only paying for what you use. And you have more options at the end. Leasing put me +6K at the end, and even after I bought it off lease, I still actually end up slightly ahead...

Leasing is the most misunderstood financing option on the face of the planet, and it would be nice if people would just not say anything if they didn't really understand it, because all they do is spread misinformation. If you plan on trading your car in regularly, the leasing is the ONLY way that makes sense. I f you are the type that keeps it until it dies, then leasing may not be the best course. However, there are disadvantages to doing that too.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              That was crap for an SI. I know the market was a little worse when I got mine, but I basically paid invoice for it, and I KNOW you can probably find a better deal on the 2012's... I understand if you didn't have any other dealers around, but 28K? It better come with a BJ and regular poon for that much extra...

Actually, so is buying, because by the time you are done paying for it, you still have something that is worth less than what you spent. Leasing is more like only paying for what you use. And you have more options at the end. Leasing put me +6K at the end, and even after I bought it off lease, I still actually end up slightly ahead...

Leasing is the most misunderstood financing option on the face of the planet, and it would be nice if people would just not say anything if they didn't really understand it, because all they do is spread misinformation. If you plan on trading your car in regularly, the leasing is the ONLY way that makes sense. I f you are the type that keeps it until it dies, then leasing may not be the best course. However, there are disadvantages to doing that too.
                              Yeah, the 2012 Si models are marked the fuck up by the dealers right now due to low inventory. Each dealer within a 50-mile radius only had maybe 1 or 2 Si models at the most. And many of them didn't even carry any in stock at the time. I would've bought an Si if I could've gotten it for MSRP or somewhat close to that price. Oh well...

And I agree, many people don't understand the concept of leasing.
                              Raceline USA

Comment

Finally closed the wheel gap wih the Buddy Club N+ Spec Damper.
                                Raceline USA

Comment

Working...
                                X