Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 cheap ass header gaskets ftl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 cheap ass header gaskets ftl

ok had my header on for all of a month now.... the gasket that came with where shit and totaled got insinerated.... i believe i need two donut crush gaskets to fix... any idea what size????

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
    ok had my header on for all of a month now.... the gasket that came with where shit and totaled got insinerated.... i believe i need two donut crush gaskets to fix... any idea what size????
    OMG , Listen Ive got a H22 and im using the Greddy prelude header and right now i have another leak at the flange where the top meets the bottom this is the second time around ive had this happen I dont know what gaskets to use , Im lookin for the same answer as you .... I will be askin alot of people also if i get an answer i will let you know as well ...
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

yea i have heard to use two donut gaskets..... but onlything napa,autozone,orallys,pepboys,advanced auto,local exsaust shops, have are flat donuts that dont "crush and seal" i have found them on ebay but i dont know what size to order....SOMETHING KINDA LIKE THIS...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

but this is to large for what i need.... other options are 1. buy a whole sheet or exsaust gasket paper take my downpipe off and tap it with a ballping hammer to make a templete. i dont want to use this shit becuase its exactly the same stuff as the POS gaskets that came with my header.... 2. use some copper exsaust sealent but i dont trust that ethier....

now on a side note... i was thinking maybe the OEM metal sheet gasket for the f22a4's look almost identical to my header/downpipe on my H22... possibly these interchange with each other? if so i will just do that...

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Use the copper rtv silicone. Its the best to use for that gasket.

I took out the gasket completely and use the copper rtv on the bare metal. Once it dries it will seal great. I did it for about 3 months now and no problems.

Comment

yea i just found this thread... thanks for the info...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ownpipe+gasket

Comment

copper rtv installed dried and cured..... worked perfect no problems now..going to drag strip thrusday so i will see if it really holds up

Comment

Working...
            X