Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDMxDB8 : 2012 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Hey everyone,

Here's my new daily driver! It's a 2012 Honda Civic LX Coupe (FG3). The lease on my GE8 was coming up so I decided to trade her in early to pick up a new car so I wouldn't have to pay the penalty charges for overage on the mileage. My first and second choice was to get an Si or CR-Z, but it was just out of my budget. So I ended up with an FG3. Overall, I'm really happy with my choice. It's a well built machine from what I've experienced so far. It looks great, the chassis is extremely rigid, and it has more power than my GE8, which also a plus. Can't forget to mention that it's a 5-Speed. (Damn I missed driving stick...) I have a few plans lined up for the future. Already have a set of wheels waiting to get installed, but I won't put them on until I get some coilovers.

Engine/Drivetrain:
    R18Z1
    5-Speed manual transmission
    Buddy Club Racing Spec oil cap
    Buddy Club Racing Spec radiator cap
    Spoon Sports magnetic drain plug set

Suspension:
    Eibach Pro-Kit lowerings springs
    SPC Performance EZ Cam XR front camber bolts
    SPC Performance rear camber arms

Brakes:

Wheels/Tires:
    Work Emotion 11R Matte Black (17x8 +35) - Front/Left
    Work Emotion 11R Matte Black (17x8 +35) - Rear/Left
    Work Emotion 11R Matte Bronze (17x8 +35) - Front/Right
    Work Emotion 11R Matte Bronze (17x8 +35) - Rear/Right
    General G-Max AS-03 (245/45/17) - Front
    General G-Max AS-03 (225/45/17) - Rear
    Work RS Red lug nut set

Exterior:
    AVS door visors

Interior:
    Spoon Sports Duracon 5-Speed shift knob

Electronics:

Here are a couple of pictures. I'll post more later.

Last edited by JDMxDB8; 12-14-2012, 03:47 PM.
    Raceline USA

Was the Honda dealer kind enough to mention that Honda abandoned this chassis after 8 months? I like it, but apparently no one else does. Aesthetically, I wish they'd made it look a little bit different, just for the sake of it not being a revised 8th gen.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Was the Honda dealer kind enough to mention that Honda abandoned this chassis after 8 months? I like it, but apparently no one else does. Aesthetically, I wish they'd made it look a little bit different, just for the sake of it not being a revised 8th gen.
      The fact that Honda is revising the Civic for the 2013 models makes the 2012 ones super rare.
      Raceline USA

Comment

And given the nature of the behavior on this forum people will be trying to pay you $60,000 for that thing in 20 years. Go ahead and store it and start riding your bike.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

And given the nature of the behavior on this forum people will be trying to pay you $60,000 for that thing in 20 years. Go ahead and store it and start riding your bike.
          Lol! I don't think I'm going to keep her at the end of my lease. We'll see what happens then. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy my FG3.
          Raceline USA

Comment

Nice civic man, looks clean! I love the look of it personally!
            1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
            For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
              Nice civic man, looks clean! I love the look of it personally!
              Thanks dude!
              Raceline USA

Comment

Garbage lol

Comment

I really like this body style!

Comment

nice choice. why not a EX?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                      I really like this body style!
                      I like it too. Can't wait to drop her! She'll look 100x better.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      nice choice. why not a EX?
                      No EX with MT were in stock.
                      Raceline USA

Comment

Today, I stopped by iJDMToy to pick up some LED rear license plate bulbs and a pair of yellow headlight bulbs for the DRL/high beams. They sell quality bulbs and have excellent customer service.

Raceline USA

Comment

I got a chance to install the iJDMToy LED rear license plate bulb last night. Looks way better!

Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                            I like it too. Can't wait to drop her! She'll look 100x better.

No EX with MT were in stock.
                            gothca. oh well

Comment

They aren't abandoning the chassis. Probably some interior updates and maybe some front/rear fascia changes. The only firm rumors circulating at this point are the interior ones though.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they restyled the whole interior, but it might just get upgraded materials/build quality. I have heard strong rumors of sturdier door panels, softer dash materials, perhaps some different graining here and there, as well as maybe stuff like a redesigned center console etc.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X