Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What automatic transmission fluid would you prefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What automatic transmission fluid would you prefer

My trans went out recently so I'm heading out to pull a part this week to get a trans what fluid do you guys usely run I was planning on flushing out the new trans before i started running it

I recommend honda automatic transmission fluid

Comment

+1 For Honda

Comment

Honda z1 ATF, not the DW-1. Good luck finding it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Honda z1 ATF, not the DW-1. Good luck finding it now.
          Exactly!

Thats why i use Vavoline Dex/Merc 3 and buy an extra additive.

EDIT: BTW i rebuild transmissions and transfer cases for a living.

Comment

You could stock up on Z1, but I'm switching to max life starting my next drain/fill. BITOG seems to think it's ok, for the most part.

Comment

ok so what should i use that i can get at autozone lol

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
                You could stock up on Z1, but I'm switching to max life starting my next drain/fill. BITOG seems to think it's ok, for the most part.
                Z1 was discontinued last year. Its already hard/expensive to get.

To the OP, if you can get your hands on Redline D4 or Amsoil high performance universl fluid. That is about the best anymore IMO. I see alot of cars doing well at the shop after using eather of the two. They never have came back to the shop for transmission work yet.

Ive seen one guy with an 90 Accord auto we put Vavoline Dex/Merc 3 in with 205k on that trans since the rebuild i did 3 years ago.

So if you cant get Redline D4 or Amsoil at your autozone, get Vavoline Dex/Merc 3.

Comment

I actually just bought MaxLife from AutoZone.

Comment

thanks guys now just gotta hit up pull apart and yank a trans

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
                      I actually just bought MaxLife from AutoZone.
                      This isnt a bad choice. Again, ive been doing this for 4 years and went to school for it while i was working the first 2.

Stay away from "house" brand universal fluids. They say they will work in every vehicle ever made without a CVT pretty much. I have seen premature failures when using these.

Comment

Honda ATF. Trust me, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                          This isnt a bad choice. Again, ive been doing this for 4 years and went to school for it while i was working the first 2.

Stay away from "house" brand universal fluids. They say they will work in every vehicle ever made without a CVT pretty much. I have seen premature failures when using these.
                          this is true last time i did a flush i used kendall an added an aditive an thats probably why when i pulled my plug to drain my trans before i pulled it it had metal shavings all over it

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                            Honda ATF. Trust me, lol.
                            Except Z1 is discontinued, and the new stuff isn't ideal for our needs.

Comment

@ Purple91ex That always sucks. What your looking for looks like this
                              The back of the bottle will say " Honda (1989-1995 models)

Im currently using it, a guy i know is using it. I use it every day in customers cars. You wont be sorry. This is what i recommend for people who dont want to shell out the money for Honda ATF that isnt exactly what it calls for anymore eather. Most of the people on here that say honda, honda, honda, havent ever tried anything else and have no idea what happens if you dont use Honda ATF. It works great. Just as good as $10/qt Honda ATF. The transmission shifts just as good and lasts just as long.
                              Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-09-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X