Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What automatic transmission fluid would you prefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I've heard on BITOG. MaxLife, or pretty much any brand name Dex, is $6.XX a quart at my AutoZone. You can prob get it or something comparable for cheaper if you buy it by the gallon or shop around.

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
      That's what I've heard on BITOG. MaxLife, or pretty much any brand name Dex, is $6.XX a quart at my AutoZone. You can prob get it or something comparable for cheaper if you buy it by the gallon or shop around.
      Walmart has the MaxLife by the gallon for $15.50 I think.

Comment

So can I use b&m trick shift I run that in my v8 blazer can I run that in my cb with out any problems an why were talkin about all this what would be best to run in wifey 04 civic ex auto trans

Comment

I had the same Question about using Valvoline max life in my Auto Trans and I found this on another Site saying Not to use it and to Only use Honda atf is this True or can I use Valvoline in it?

The link http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3009292

Comment

A lot of people say Honda only, others say that MaxLife is better. I doubt many people actually know what's better, it's usually anecdotes. Many people have used Dex/Merc fluid without any apparent negative effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple91ex View Post
              So can I use b&m trick shift I run that in my v8 blazer can I run that in my cb with out any problems an why were talkin about all this what would be best to run in wifey 04 civic ex auto trans
              ive bean useing it for a long time now with no problems . all most no shaveing and the transmission seems to like it . before this car i had 1990 integra ls auto and i beet the hell out of that thing for 3 years. im talking burn outs and slaming the gears from n to d4 any where from 5k to 6k rpm for 3 years . not every day butt 2 to 3 times a week .
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
                A lot of people say Honda only, others say that MaxLife is better. I doubt many people actually know what's better, it's usually anecdotes. Many people have used Dex/Merc fluid without any apparent negative effects.
                What would be the negative effects if using the wrong fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple91ex View Post
                  ok so just so im striaght on this i can get any 5 speed trans out of a 90 to 02 accord or 92-02 prelude will they all bolt up to my f22a4
                  Yes, but this is not really within the scope of this thread. Also, it's covered pretty well here so you should be able to find out a ton on the subject.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

well stretchJDM is hookin me up with a good low milage auto trans an im very tempted in running the b&m trick shift

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                      This isnt a bad choice. Again, ive been doing this for 4 years and went to school for it while i was working the first 2.

Stay away from "house" brand universal fluids. They say they will work in every vehicle ever made without a CVT pretty much. I have seen premature failures when using these.
                      Go with Maxlife ATF as well. I just did a flush on my 92 with that stuff about a year ago and the tranny is shifting fine ever since. Don't waste your money on Honda fluid for an old car that needs Dexron II. If it was a late 90's or early 2000 Honda AT then I would say use Honda ATF religiously , but not on a CB7. Just put in a good name brand fluid that is Dexron II compatible and you're good to go.
                      Last edited by mr_cb7; 07-13-2012, 01:22 AM.

1992 Accord LX 4-Door Automatic 360000+KM Mileage

"If it speaks Swedish and it needs work, it's going to be expensive."

Comment

Originally posted by Andre93 View Post
                        I had the same Question about using Valvoline max life in my Auto Trans and I found this on another Site saying Not to use it and to Only use Honda atf is this True or can I use Valvoline in it?

The link http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3009292
                        Again I have been using Maxlife in my tranny for over a year now with now negative effects. Don't believe the hype of only using Honda fluid in these old 4 speed hondamatics. Just put in a quality Dexron II compatible fluid (maxlife recommended) and you'll be fine.

1992 Accord LX 4-Door Automatic 360000+KM Mileage

"If it speaks Swedish and it needs work, it's going to be expensive."

Comment

Working...
                        X