Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive tried that and i dont even have any options that have to do with aero

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Any updates OP?

Comment

Which sub-version are you using?

Home/Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate?

If you do not have aero options in the location I mentioned, you are most likely using either a home/basic version of windows, or an illegal/unregistered version of windows. Home/Basic has aero disabled/removed, you have to purchase home premium or better if you want aero.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i have an unregistered copy of home premium. my other comp had the same thing. unregistered home premium and aero worked fine

Comment

Microsoft has made new updates and patches that effect windows activation. Most likely your other old computer was using some work-around or crack that gave you aero access. Either figure out a way to activate your current copy, crack/patch it, or just make the plunge and buy yourself a copy, unless you know someone that can get you a legit copy. A pirated version of windows might have all sort of unwanted nasties (like bot net software, virus', malware, or worse).
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

well, its a copy of my buddies legit windows disk. i have the cd key for it but when i try and type it in it says its not valid. so i think its been installed too many times

Comment

so turned on my comp today and aero is working fine. hmmmm

Comment

Your key won't work with another disk unless it is from the same release and the exact same version. So if your key is an OEM key you need the OEM disk to install it.

You can call Microsoft and give them your valid key and they will walk you through the over ride to get it authenticated.

Comment

Is this like windows 8.1?

Comment

No it's like win7

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        No it's like win7
                        Ok. I have 7 on my pc.....but there's seems to be a lot of hype for 8.1. May install it this week

Comment

Aero features work on Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit. On a workgroup or joined to a domain. It works with Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate

Items that may cause your aero to stop working are not being in a normal startup (start, run, msconfig), or performance options as mentioned prior (video hardware acceleration settings and driver issues).

It is also disabled if you are using the classic start menu or other classic features.

Troubleshoot Aero issues in Windows 7:
                          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976170

Aero hardware requirements:
                          http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...op-experience#

If you want to check what happened go to the event viewer and look in the application and system log files (filter the log for critical, warnings, errors) and look for a video card driver failing or a failed service.

best of luck

Comment

i fixed it. well, it fixed itself. i booted it up the other day, and aero now works

Comment

Working...
                            X