No announcement yet.

new swap time, it's about to get real big up in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 93 lx cluster?, I've searched google and even on here and all I've found was photos of a hand written one and I can't read it, well except for a few pin spots

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Ok you mentioned that the engine you will be installing is mentioned on your sig...I do love one thing about your sig as much as I love my CB7, so I'm guessing that the engine that will be going into your CB if it's what I'm gonna mention will be a hell of a swap...

Is it Godzilla's heart Skyline RB25 engine?

.................................................. .................................................. ...
      God First, Family Second, and CB's for fun Third...

Comment

I can neither confirm nor deny that about the engine choice right now

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

An RB would require RWD to fit into our Accord, would it not? Besides, as often as those things are tuned beyond 1,000hp, it would in my opinion be a waste of an engine to mate it FWD.

Can you at least say whether it's a Honda engine? Realistically, considering the 500hp goal and the required aftermarket support to reach it, if you're sticking to Honda I could only see a K-swap since a V6 is out of the equation. Personally, an EJ out of a Suby would be tits. Anyway, it's gotta be a four-banger at 700lbs.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-07-2011, 01:12 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

why would the v6 be out of the question? im thinking maybe a c-series v6 from a legend or nsx?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

ugh, ok since I bought the engine and transmission this past week I'll spill the beans, but first to answer your questions, the RB wouldn't be able to be mounted in a FWD format because it is too long, just the engine would fit in the engine bay with a few inches to spare, and yes it would have to be RWD to go into an accord, and no its not a honda, also the EJ would be a fun swap, but I am not doing an EJ swap hehe, and no a V6 wouldn't be out of the question if someone wanted to make 500hp out of it, after all honda used a fully stock j32a2 with j35 pistons and rods and twin turboed it making 500+whp in their element, well anyways, heres my new engine....and new with it a new project name...................PROJECT: uh I still havent come up with a fitting name yet

engine dimensions are 32" long thats from trans mating surface to tip of fan, 26" wide, thats from the outter edge of the turbo to the outter edge of the intake mani, and 26"tall, thats from the top of the intake mani to the bottom of the oil pan, I am going to be reversing the oil pan from the front of the engine to the rear to gain some ground clearance, and installing a greddy intake manifold to gain a few inches also

I will be making a engine build thread once I get the engine in and running first
              Last edited by almostJDM; 02-07-2011, 01:57 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

this is going to be insane once done!

Comment

What is that? I don't know Nissan engines, but that looks like an RB valve cover... and the tranny and cooling fan... ARE you doing a RWD conversion?!. Good gawd. The best of luck if you are, that's a hell of a conversion to get right. At least you live nearby, I want to see this one day.

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                  update, plans have changed no more V6 for me, I'll be swapping in an engine of a different variety
                  That's why I said a V6 was out of the equation, btw. Cylinder count has nothing to do with horsepower potential, as anyone in the Honda community should know. Someone tells us "no," we're going to kick their big-block V8's ass.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-07-2011, 03:14 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Intersesting...I was really hoping for a v6, however original for sure and if it is competed with sucess it will be fast and won't be a honda anymore

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

CyborgGT the engine is an RB25det out of a R33 Skyline GTST, and you will, I will be bringing it down there to get tuned, once I build the engine after I get it running in stock form, the hardest part about this build mechanically will be finding a rear suspension that fits, so I will more then likely be going the same way as weirtech over at Honda-tech, and the hardest part electrically will be the tach, the engine swap I bought comes with everything including supposidly an uncut harness so all I will need to do is run the wires that go to the chassis like ign, speedo, tach and some others

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

If ur going Aarons route... this build is gonna take some time... scratch that.. lots of time.. the amount of fabrication aaron put into that crx is crazy.. and thats at his cost.. so.. i cant imagine paying someone to do that work..

best of luck regardless..

rear suspension you could use would be that of a s2k

i think thats what aaron based his off of

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yea it'll take alot of time to do, and I dunno how much time weir had to work on it but he seemed fairly busy, I will have 16 days a month to work on it, and once a month I have 7 day off strait so it'll help out alot on the time thing

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

damn dude, thats gonna be awesome. another possible rear end is one from a 240, those are really nicely packaged and all-in one. ive seen several mini-trucks that use the rear out of an s13 because of that.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

that's what I plan to use, I found a full sub frame, with diff, brakes, and everything else, all except struts and springs, and when I'm at the point where I'm ready for the drive shaft I'll measure the skyline one I'm ordering and let The Driveshaft Shop know, the only thing wrong with the rear diff I'm getting with the sub frame is it's non LSD, so I'll be getting a nismo one after she is running again

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

another viable option for a rear-end would be a mitsu/dsm 4bolt rear from a talon/eclipse/laser.... WAY beefy enough to handle the power it'll make or plan on making, factory LSD, and damn near bulletproof..... Might be something worth looking into?

Either way, G/L mane!
                                '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Working...
                                X