Windows 7 Aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 Aero

Im having a problem thats not really that important but its annoying. i have no aero effects at all. when i go into personalize, all i get for window color is the old school options. ive gone into the registry and put in the entries that ive read to put in, the entries i put in were for a 32 bit system and mines a 64 bit. i dont know if that makes a difference. ive tried the built in troubleshooter. ive gone into service.msc and disabled the desktop manager thing and enabled it and started and restarted it with no luck. google is telling me all the same things and i was wondering if any computer guys here know how to fix this. help would be appreciated!

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Aero effects? I've had my Windows 7 system for about a year, and I don't know what you're talking about!

I have a 64 bit system too... and I've learned that a number of things don't apply to the 64 bit. We kinda got screwed.

Comment

Do you have graphics drivers installed? If not, it limits what resolutions you can run as well as disables aero.

Comment

yea i have an ati radeon hd 4800 and all drivers installed. the troubleshooter for aero wont recognize that the desktop manager is acutally on. howd we get screwed deev?

Comment

Just that some things don't seem to be compatible with the 64 bit Windows 7. Maybe it's just stupid stuff like emulators, or my most recent Chinese USB security camera...

Comment

i dont really see the big difference from 32 bit......

Comment

64 bit can use twice the RAM.

Oh, and my new wireless printer didn't work wirelessly with the 64 bit. The software wasn't compatible.

Comment

ahh thats nice to know. you could just edit the registry to a 32 bit entry to make it work? or does it not work that way?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  64 bit can use twice the RAM.

Oh, and my new wireless printer didn't work wirelessly with the 64 bit. The software wasn't compatible.
                  That's weird, there hasn't been anything that i have thrown at my Win7 64bit that hasn't work right off the bat.

OP have you installed anything lately? Did Aero work before and then all of a sudden quit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

click on that link and look for the directions for Win7 and perform a clean boot. Maybe there is some conflicting software that is preventing Aero from working.

Comment

Aero looks cool but its totally worthless, its a drain on your system resources.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I've never used Aero. I still have no idea what the hell it is...

Comment

lol i know it doesnt really matter, but i like the look of it.

lol deev, its like a theme. your taskbar and everything is transparent and you can make them different colors. it just looks cooler and its driving me nuts that my computer is being such an idiot with turning it back on.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
                          lol i know it doesnt really matter, but i like the look of it.

lol deev, its like a theme. your taskbar and everything is transparent and you can make them different colors. it just looks cooler and its driving me nuts that my computer is being such an idiot with turning it back on.
                          oh for sure man, that'd be majorly lame if you had a computer on crack, stat wise, but it looked like something from the early 90s.

Comment

yea, i spent about 1200 on the thing custom building it about 2 years ago and i cant even use aero!! oh well lol

Comment

1. Left Click Start Menu
                              2. Right Click 'Computer'
                              3. Left Click 'Properties'
                              4. On the window that pops up, click 'advanced system settings'
                              5. On the next window that pops up click on the button 'settings' under the 'performance' section.
                              6. Adjust the settings to your liking.

P.S. I would personally go back into the registry first and delete any new entries you created previously, or revert the changes back to the original settings you modified, before following the steps outlined.

PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X