ACC0RD22: 1994 accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update.

The car is dropped and on the ground now, I finished it the day before I headed back to school. it felt really good when I was driving it, just have a small rattle from a heat shield, and thats really it. I think I need to bleed the brakes a little better though, the pedal is still a bit soft.

Ill get pictures when I go home in October.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Nice CD5 man. I miss mine!! Owell mine was an auto, needed 5speed. Can't wait to see it lowered and all that shit. I loved the way mine looked when it was slammed! Nice ride man!!!!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
      ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

good job mark. damn bushings are a PITA... when u took the old bushing out, did u get the whole thing out like wayne was talking about? or was the knuckle that beat up that the only way to get the new one to fit was get it machined?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I took the knucle off and brought it to a shop, and they used a press thing to get the rest of the bushing out. After that it was a few trips to honda (needed a few bolts) and almost 40 dollars later (for just 2 bolts and a nut) I had it all reassembled.

I also put the rear SS lines on, but the front ones are still stock for now. i cant get the fittings loose in the front, and i have a strange feeling that if I twist the ends off those, they wont be nearly as easy to replace as the ones in the back. Ill get to that eventually.

Whenever I do go pick up the car, it needs an alignment BAD. so thats #1 on the list of things to do.

These are the only pictures I have of it lowered. Theyre really dark, though, so you cant see all that much. Theyre also from my phone, so, the quality isnt the greatest. I promise a full photoshoot in October.

-Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pix.

As for the rear bushing --- I never got one of mine out while on the car either, and believe me I certainly tried in order to avoid taking off the knuckle. But take it off I did, clamped it to a bench vise and attacked it with a drill until the rubber finally gave way. Then, I used a chisel and hammer for the sleeve. It's a good thing those bushings tend to last the life of the car ... the bushing bolts on the other hand ...
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

finally, better lowered pictures. these are STILL camera phone pictures, Ill have to get better ones with a real camera tommorow.

-Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

Comment

Noice 5th gen.

Man I feel sorry for the beating your cars have to endure up north!
                "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

ditto! the suspension/under panels really take a beating. 5th gens are nice if done right. you're is on its way there .
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

thanks guys. next on the to do list is a set of DEPO JDM style head lights. Hopefully I can get those around christmas time. then in the spring/early summer I want to paint it flat/matte black and get the rust fixed. I dont know if Ill be able to fix the rust professionally, or if Ill have to wait on that. However, I have a F22b DOHC head and H23 IM waiting to be installed. Im planning on putting a DSM turbo kit together, instead of simply buying a header.That will most likely come before any sort of body work is done.

And the obligatory "look, heres a cell phone under my car!" pictures.

cell phone is about 3.5 inches tall.
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

Comment

I bought an H23 IM from InvaderTrax quite a while ago, and it just found its way to my room. Its been in my house since October, but my dad got the package when I was at school, and never bothered to tell me where it was. I never bothered to ask either, since I wont be using it til the spring at the earliest.

pictures follow!

dirty.

cleanish!

its no Type-G polish job, but its the best I could do with Formula409 and paper towels.
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

Comment

im wondering where u got that dohc head from

Comment

Nice looking accord buddy...
                          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                          ....................My New Baby
                          SOLD TO
                          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                            im wondering where u got that dohc head from

haha, I cant wait to put it on. I just dont have any time/money to tackle that project yet. However, that IM was a HUGE piece I needed. now to find a header to use while Im compiling turbo parts. oh yeah, I need an ECU too. that would prolly be helpful.
                            -Mark-
                            CB7
                            CD5

Comment

changed my plugs and wires today. the old ones dont look so good.

-Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

Comment

Sweet cd5 man. I like the painted 5th gen wheels. Keep it up man.

Comment

Working...
                                X