Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Do you Notice a Differnce when driving a H22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
    wow do you guys only have 93 and 87 octane?

we have 91,95,96 and 98 i think and we pay ...wait for it... $2.20 per litre or there abouts now...DAMN expensive...if i remember right the CB tank holds about 55-60 litres so it costs me about $120 to fill...WAIT that was back when it was about $1.80 per litre around xmas time
    £1.30 per litre here in UK which equals $2 per litre. But we get 95 97 99 102. The 97 99 102 are 5p more expensive.

And to the OP not been in a CB h22, but ive been in a Accord Type R and that drives very different, you dont notice the torque really as its more or less a flat line, but you defo notice the bhp in the higher rpms. mix that with short ratios, and you got a bag of fun under the bonnet.
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 03-09-2011, 07:10 AM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
      wow do you guys only have 93 and 87 octane?

we have 91,95,96 and 98 i think and we pay ...wait for it... $2.20 per litre or there abouts now...DAMN expensive...if i remember right the CB tank holds about 55-60 litres so it costs me about $120 to fill...WAIT that was back when it was about $1.80 per litre around xmas time
      Canada has 87,89,91,93 and 94. Most stations around here only have 87,89 and 91. 93 is hard to find and only Sunoco has 94.

When I go to Montana they have 85, 88 and 89, atleast where I go around Great Falls & Helena.

We're currently paying $1.14/L for 87 in Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        It's no louder than an F22A if running a proper exhaust system.
        I wish I could just *like* posts lol. The only reason I could see it being louder is from the higher compression. That's all.

Comment

I don't own one, but i've been driving in one of my friends own, and all i can say is WOW! Between my own car (carb 2.0), my other friend's f22a1, and this guy's f22b1...I love my friend's f22a1, the f22b1 was a no show (yet the guy was hyping about having vtec *facepalm*).

Now my other friend with the H22 swap was so much fun. Feeling vtec crossover was heaven and it had Magnaflow exhaust which sounded so sweet. I now know what that linear torque is, it felt so effortless to pull.

BY THE WAY....All you guys complaining about the octane ratings should be happy for what y'all have. Here in Jamaica we don't see the light of day above 90 (the second octane we have is 87). And the gas has been watered down especially with the added ethanol, so its horrible. Even though 90 is all that is needed, its seems alot worse because of poor treatment
          '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Its a great come up from a f22 which is the stock motor. The h22 is known to be fast enough to handle most cars today if you can drive.

Get a good clutch nothing overbearing for everyday use you should appreciate it. It's made to just drop right in and it plugs right in the only thing you have to do is wire up the knock sensor and a ground for vtec.

Just make sure that you are getting the complete swap h22 motor along with the h22 tranny for everyday allmotor use. If you are using a boosted car then well lets just say your in a different ballpark. If you boost the f22 be prepared for alot of cash spending to maintain it. you should also upgrade your mounts so that you dont have to touch it again.

Comment

i drove my buddys h22. i felt the difference right away. AND i didnt even hit VTEC lol. i was a quick around the block run. i was gonna go all motor f22 but he really sold me on the h. im still gonna go f22 til it blows. but thats just me.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
              My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
              Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                Its a great come up from a f22 which is the stock motor. The h22 is known to be fast enough to handle most cars today if you can drive.

Get a good clutch nothing overbearing for everyday use you should appreciate it. It's made to just drop right in and it plugs right in the only thing you have to do is wire up the knock sensor and a ground for vtec.

Just make sure that you are getting the complete swap h22 motor along with the h22 tranny for everyday allmotor use. If you are using a boosted car then well lets just say your in a different ballpark. If you boost the f22 be prepared for alot of cash spending to maintain it. you should also upgrade your mounts so that you dont have to touch it again.
                You forgot a couple of wires there dude.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Vtakkkk hits you like a heart attack.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Even when I had the accord tranny I saw a difference 2 sec in the 1/4 mi. Had the prelude tranny swapped in awhile back now I stay in vtec at WOT. Oh good luck saving gas! Ive had my swap since 02 and I still cant keep myfoot out of it.
                    Freedom Is Not Free
                    U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

yes, yes, yes. so much of a difference from an f22

Comment

Funny thing is I've never driven an F22 4th Gen. I bought my car with a blown tranny. I had a 5th Gen automatic but that was 10 years ago.

I pulled the H22 out of my Prelude and swapped it into my Accord. Weird thing is the engine felt so much better when it was in my Prelude for some reason. I don't understand why. My Prelude is heavier, too.

Comment

Working...
                        X