Why do you think someone would do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you think someone would do this?

Just something I ran across at work not long ago. Someone ripped up right around $700 worth of cash and threw it everywhere. One of the craziest things I ever ran across.

I've been thinking why someone would sit there and do this? It's kind of funny. No two are ripped the same way so they were done one by one which would indicate that they sat there drinking their 6 pack of Budweiser cans ripping up bills.

I take it maybe someone was frustrated?

And yeah, that's my guys taping them back together with scotch tape. We all went to Wells Fargo with our divided portion but... to no avail. You have to send them in someplace and wait several months yada yada yada.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-30-2017, 02:43 PM.

The human mind and its individual reasoning are a mystical puzzle, the primal question in all excistence is Why? and no matter what we think we know the truth is they are simply theories. It could range from the response a certain rapper Lil Flip has provided in the song "I Can do that" to mental issues. I have to use my uncle as an example again since he set himself on fire because he could no longer stand the itch from Poison Ivy.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Unbelievable that someone would do that. If it's their money though, I guess they can do what they want with it. Maybe he wanted to cut down on inflation!
      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
        the primal question in all existence is Why?
        I believe that we were created for God's pleasure, and we were made to be in his presence for eternity. It's baffling to think sometimes, that I'm going to be alive for ever.
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I'm sure there is a really good story behind it. If only walls could talk.

Comment

I'll take it off your hands for $200

Comment

tape em and stick em in the drawer, that money is good!

people are weird.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

^ x2, people or weird.

I'm sure they had a logical if not purposeful reason for doing it that neither I or you would understand.

Don't tell me you just tossed it...
                Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

have fun with people, leave a piece of bill sticking out somewhere so when they see it and pull it out you take them on an emotional rollercoaster; go from lucky to WTF? in less than 5 seconds. Perhaps that is why the guy did it, to make someone feel lucky for finding it yet experience dissapointment when they cant use it. That is something Mr Burns would do.download by Jesus Gonzalez, on Flickr
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

that's the most expensive puzzle i've ever seen

Comment

It was either two chains or rick Ross did it. Because it rymed.
                      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Liquor and an soon to be ex wife..

Comment

Maybe he found they were counterfeit? Did the bank check for that before telling you to send them out?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Your Wells Fargo person was incorrect, they're still legal tender. They just didn't want to deal with it. You should be able to take it to any bank and get them replaced or send them to the treasury.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Some hilarious comments here

After the bank rejected us I split my share up with the guys. They said they were just going to spend them slowly around town. After that no one mentioned it again. So I assume all went well. It was like $225 split three ways myself excluded.

One of my techs actually had one of those counterfeit checking pens they had found some time prior. The bills were real. I specifically remember testing the couple of ripped up $100 bills myself. They were seriously ripped up.

Idk, maybe Wells Fargo did give us misinformation. It's very possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X