Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Having issues with clutch pedal after clutch replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having issues with clutch pedal after clutch replacement.

Hey everyone. Hope you are all staying safe.

I have a 92 Accord and I just did a clutch and flywheel replacement on it. I also replaced the slave cylinder because I had to remove it during the process and it was pretty much toast. I got everything back together and bled the system but I am having a few issues. One is that the engagement point is still super high up on the pedal. I can barely push the pedal in about half an inch and the clutch is disengaged. I tried adjusting the rod but it didn't really seem to help. This is exactly why I originally replaced the clutch to begin with because I thought it was worn out, but when got it all apart, the disc still had a lot of life left in it. Also, since I replaced the clutch, I am having an issue where the pedal will randomly not return/spring back up. It happens maybe once a day and it gets stuck about half way down, requiring me to pull it back up manually. I have bled the system many times and don't see any leaks so I am not sure what gives.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sounds like the pedal still needs to be adjusted. also, im pretty sure there is a return spring on the top of the pedal to help "lift" the pedal back up. but usually if its bled correctly itll come up on its own.
    COUPE K24

Comment

You have the rod adjusted too much one way. Hard to know where it should be until you get it installed. Then you'll realize that once screwed into the clutch pedal you are too far one way or the other.

How much thread is left sticking out on the clutch pedal?

Comment

Go to 20min mark in this vid. He explains it well. There's also the specs / measurements in the manual on where to set the pedal.
        (Eric the car guy...)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-m5F0zEvyo

Comment

Working...
        X