Corweena: 1996 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corweena: 1996 Accord EX

Well, if you didn't see what happened to my long time project and first car a few weeks back, click HERE. The car is now gone, resigned to be either crushed, or be picked apart in a junk yard. Sad to see it go for the sentimental value, not sad because it had become a rolling shitheap lol.

Anyways, I'm back again with another 96 Coupe, this time in EX trim. I initially wanted a wagon, but was on a limited time frame for finding another car, and there were none locally that filled my requirements for a wagon. As for coupes, this was the cleanest one on the market that I found. Not perfect, but a much better base to work off of. Mileage was about the same as my old car, but with it being much better mechanically than mine. Body is pretty straight too, a few dents some PDR should fix. And the paint, while not being amazing, is a nice step up than what i had before. Will need a good detail in the future, as well as a respray on a few panels when I get my lips ready to paint.

First thing I did was remove the awful tinted OEM headlights and bumper lights on there. Threw on my Depos I had sitting at home already, along with some kinda beat SiR bumper lights (should be grabbing another set soon). These two things alone made a huge difference in the front end look. Also threw on an OEM sunroof visor I had picked up a while back but could never use before.

Threw on my S2000 steering wheel

I also just picked these up today for dirt cheap. Some clear JDM Stanleys. already have a set of corners ordered. Thinking I'm gonna switch to those, so I can retrofit the Depos like my old car had.

Made the most of a half day of work today, and finally got wheels and suspension on the car. I ended up putting on my "spare" setup, which consists of Koni shocks, Neuspeed Race springs, and FFC tophats. My Koni/Ground Control setup is currently getting revamped, I already have new shocks, and will probably be adjusting my spring rates a bit later on. But regardless, the Konis paired with the Neuspeeds actually give the car almost an identical drop as what I had with my coilovers. And they ride like a dream paired with the FFC top hats. The spring rates are the stiffest you can get on an off the shelf spring too, and ride closer to a Tein or older Tanabe coilover when paired with shocks like Konis.

Its amazing what just a drop and wheels do the for the car.....totally transforms the whole look of it. And the drop is spot on with the wheel specs. I decided to rock the Tracers as is for a while, before I relip them to a bit wider specs. As is, the current 17x7.5 +40 paired with 235/40s fit great with the drop. I actually didn't even have to roll the fenders, as they clear everything fine. Just rubbing a bit on the front fender liners on big bumps. Rocking the OG specs definitely gives the car a very period correct look like you used to see in the magazines.

I got just 2 more things mainly I wanted to get done. I'm repairing and prepping my SiR front lip to put on by this weekend hopefully. And then just get my Stromung muffler all welded up. After that, I just want to drive the car, and enjoy it as is for a bit. And then work on getting the few dents popped out, and getting the car detailed.

Sorry to hear/see about the other one. That was similar to the damage my wife did when hitting a tree with hers (Saving Silver). I was never really a fan of the 5th gen, but done right they can look pretty good - like this one; reminds me of a 97 one of my coworkers had.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
    X