fleetw00d : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    I don't understand yards that stack cars. It tells me that there's enough income to be made solely in the scrap value of the vehicle to cover operating costs and profit margin, that anything they might sell off the car is just a bonus.
    The yard appears to have limited space, so I guess he can get twice as many cars in there. There was a CB9 on the drain rack - it really didn't look that bad.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Installed new sunroof glass yesterday (old one was cracked). Also installed a "Flex Seal" liquid filled torque mount to replace the one I did with RTV; the RTV had become very hard and was breaking up.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Not much going on with this one. My daughter is off to college (sharing the wagon with her brother), so this one only gets driven every other week or so. Did take it to church yesterday and rolled it through 166,666.6 miles.

May 11, 2018: New rear brakes: Brembo rotors, OEM pads.

20180511_203019 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-11-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

A Sad End

I kept the wagon home to work on the rust between the hatch hinges and do the timing belt/water pump and sent them to school in this one. It ends Oct. 17, 2018 at 171,151 miles. Daughter and passenger (and other vehicle's occupants) sustained only minor injuries.

IMG_0317 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Brought it home from Pensacola this past Friday/Saturday. I'll strip it of everything that can be used. It will start showing up in my classified ad. Engine should still be good, pretty good gray interior, rust free rear quarter panels. The right front wheel still appears straight, but I don't trust it; it has a matching spare so I still have a complete set of wheels. Maybe I should reconsider the rear disc swap for Ruby.
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-22-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

That's much worse than I pictured in my head! Did the tow lot didn't cut you any slack on the pricing?

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Maybe I should reconsider the rear disc swap for Ruby.
            Why not? You have those nice new rotors and pads. Might as well put them to good use.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              That's much worse than I pictured in my head! Did the tow lot didn't cut you any slack on the pricing?
              Why would they? They have the upper hand because they have the car. I got there soon enough so there was only one day's storage charge added to the bill.
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-23-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I kept the wagon home to work on the rust between the hatch hinges and do the timing belt/water pump and sent them to school in this one. It ends Oct. 17, 2018 at 171,151 miles. Daughter and passenger (and other vehicle's occupants) sustained only minor injuries.

Brought it home from Pensacola this past Friday/Saturday. I'll strip it of everything that can be used. It will start showing up in my classified ad. Engine should still be good, pretty good gray interior, rust free rear quarter panels. The right front wheel still appears straight, but I don't trust it; it has a matching spare so I still have a complete set of wheels. Maybe I should reconsider the rear disc swap for Ruby.
                Crapo! Glad everybody except the car was alright. Still sad though

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Damn that sucks. That was a nice coupe. At least everyone is safe and ya still got a wagon also brother.
                  Last edited by NH-503P-3; 10-23-2018, 12:11 PM.
                  5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

That does suck. Sorry for your loss. But a really good parts car now.

Comment

Why would they? They have the upper hand because they have the car. I got there soon enough so there was only one day's storage charge added to the bill.
                      Wishful thinking, I guess. When I wrecked my Acura CL about 4 hours away from the house it ended up costing me $500 to get it out two days later. They wanted $1,000, but because I was paying cash they "cut me a deal". The towing industry is one of the scummiest on the face of the planet.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Tow charge was "only" $136. One day storage $21.50. Pretty reasonable compared to yours.

Oct. 30: Managed to get it into the garage on Saturday. Got the hood off and managed to wrestle the alternator out to use in the wagon. The engine is pushed to the left and rearward on the right side - you thought the engine compartment was tight before?? Took the plastic off the passenger side - the roof is actually buckled above the door.

Engine Compartment by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Nov. 3: Tore the right front fender off to get access to the door hinges; was able to pry the door open so I can get the interior panel, window regulator, and lock mechanism out, then scrap the door.

Nov. 20: Removed a bunch of stuff in the last two weeks. Got the engine and trans out today.

Rose-engine out by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Disassembly progress: most of the interior, exhaust, rear suspension, emptied fuel tank, rear bumper, quarter tails

Dec. 21: Headliner, upper interior, and sunroof assembly removed. Underside pretty well stripped; dropped the fuel tank and fuel/brake lines yesterday. Really a shame, the fuel lines from the tank and the junction at the frame rail had no rust on them. Working on getting the rear window out; then a couple of the body electrical harnesses. Final act will be to cut the quarters off of it, unless someone wants the whole rear end of the body.

Dec. 27: Getting ready to cut the quarters off - speak now if you want the whole rear half!
                        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-27-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Coming down to the end.
                          Rose Minus L Qtr by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Rose R Qtr
                          Rose R Qtr Cut2 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr Cut by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Rose R Qtr Off by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Rose Convertible by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Comment

Paul,

Where do you put all these quarter panels?
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                              Paul,

Where do you put all these quarter panels?
                              Placed delicately in the next bay of the garage to minimize the potential for damage. I need some folks to decide to fix their Accords. I have 2 coupe left quarters, 1 coupe right quarter, 1 sedan left quarter, 2 sedan right quarters (back half good, dog leg not so much).

Just about ready for the trailer to take it to the recycler:
                              Front Half by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Rose Floor by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

Jan. 1, 2019: Ready for the final journey.

Final Journey by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
                              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-01-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Sad end to an Accord. Not quite "Where's Waldo", but can you spot the remains of Rose (it's not too hard)? The rear floor and roof are still in the trailer. 520 pounds, $24.70 - enough to cover the fuel to get it there and the blades and cutoff wheels it took to cut it up.
                                Wheres Rose by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
                                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-04-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X