Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Self Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Acceleration

I was driving down the highway and my 91 cb7 Se started accelerating by it self went up to 90mph until i put it in neutral, step on the brakes and and got of the highway, but the car was still accelerating until it shut off by it self.

Originally posted by aleks1215 View Post
    I was driving down the highway and my 91 cb7 Se started accelerating by it self went up to 90mph until i put it in neutral, step on the brakes and and got of the highway, but the car was still accelerating until it shut off by it self.
    Do you have cruise control on your model ?
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

This sounds similar to a problem I had in the past.
      For me, my throttle cable was too tight. It should have 10 mm of play.
      Check and make sure your's is within spec.

Then, check for any vacuum leaks.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

The car should not accelerate when in neutral. If it did you have transmission issues.

The engine can rev higher, but you should not accelerate in neutral.

Lets us know if you meant something else.

Regards

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

aleks1215, please give us a little more information on the problem.
          Was it a slow acceleration, or a 6k run-till-she-blows type thing?

My wife's LX would cruise by its self around 30-35. It turned out to be a vacuum line coupled with dirty IACV that was making it idle at 2000.

How is your idle? Any previous problems/ known existing problems?
          '91 EX 280,000 || '90 LX 330,000
          _____(me)__________(wife)___

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sp33
            Did you get it serviced at a Toyota dealership?

/toyotasacceleratingoutofcontroljoke.
            disconnect your cruis control from down by the pedals. Is yours auto or manual?
            Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

It went up to 90mph until i put it in neutral
              Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
              The car should not accelerate when in neutral. If it did you have transmission issues.

The engine can rev higher, but you should not accelerate in neutral.
              He said UNTIL he put it in neutral

OP - Does it idle normally when you start the car, Or are the revs excessively high?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

But the car was still accelerating until it turned off by itself. Shouldn't do that in neutral, sounds like something was still engaged to me...

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I just had install an alarm system with the auto starter.

I was at the highway, and i was going to pass an old lady and i accelerate all the way, but the car didnt stop when i stop accelerating, when i put it in neutral the idle when all the way to seven or eight. I was trying to stop the car with both breaks, i couldnt turn it off right away because i had started it with self started so the key wasnt working so once i got it to stop i couldnt turn it off. I thought the car was going to blow up since i just put it in parking but the idle was on seven or eight, but the car shut off automatictly.

Comment

I just had install an alarm system with the auto starter.

I was at the highway, and i was going to pass an old lady and i accelerate all the way, but the car didnt stop when i stop accelerating, when i put it in neutral the idle when all the way to seven or eight. I was trying to stop the car with both breaks, i couldnt turn it off right away because i had started it with self started so the key wasnt working so once i got it to stop i couldnt turn it off. I thought the car was going to blow up since i just put it in parking but the idle was on seven or eight, but the car shut off automatictly.
                    Did the throttle stay down?
                    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Check your throttle cable, maybe even pop off the intake pipe and look at the metal plate inside the throttle body. It should stay closed via a spring mechanism until opened by the throttle cable.
                      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                        Check your throttle cable, maybe even pop off the intake pipe and look at the metal plate inside the throttle body. It should stay closed via a spring mechanism until opened by the throttle cable.
                        Dont these plates get held open by built up gunk in the throttle body?
                        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                          Dont these plates get held open by built up gunk in the throttle body?
                          It is possible, thats why I suggested he remove the intake pipe and look at the throttle-body plate, its also possible the spring loading mechanism to keep it shut failed too. If in fact his throttlebody has failed, I would suggest if he already hasn't to do an h22/h23 plenum & tb swap, provided the engine underneath the hood is the one that came with it from the factory. (91 SE should be an a6)
                          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                          X