Knuckle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knuckle?

I checked on hondapartsunlimited website. The p/n for the knuckle is different for a 93 (512-sm4-j53) LX 5-speed vs a 97 (512-sv4-j52) Accord 5-speed.
    Is this only because of the ABS?

I wanted to go to pick-a-part and grab a knuckle off a low mileage 97 thinking it would fit my 93 LX- non ABS Accord.

I am guessing it will not fit? I was hoping it would so I could save time and replace my ball joints/rotors/wheel bearings at a later date.

I thought all the suspension parts were interchangeable for 90-97?
    91 Accord LX 5-speed
    93 Accord LX 5-speed

It's a perfect fit with the only exception being that the upper portion of the knuckle no longer has the provisions for the two 10mm bolts to hold the dust shield over the upper ball joint. I guess Honda recognized all of the dirt and junk getting caught in the dust shield and ruining the threaded shafts of the ball joint.

It will work just fine.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

They will be different between ABS and non-ABS only because there are a few tapped holes for retaining the ABS sensor lead. If you have a non-ABS car, you should be able use either one.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thank you for the replies, I am going to search for a knuckle with fresh ball-joint rubber and a clean set of rotors.
        91 Accord LX 5-speed
        93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
          Thank you for the replies, I am going to search for a knuckle with fresh ball-joint rubber and a clean set of rotors.
          You'll be lucky if you can find something you can use as is. Might be better off if you find a knuckle, just take the knuckle, hub & bearing. It would be a good opportunity to go ahead and replace the bearing, ball joint, and get a new rotor so you know it is all good stuff.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X