P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitsubishiv5 View Post
    sad truth about car shows, you have to know someone to be noticed.btw parking in the back sucks. you go to blox with the intentions of a meet if you come out with more then that's all the better. just do what you're doing with your car, don't change it up for someone else.you're building the car for yourself and not others
    Wise words.

I say just keep going and see your car through all the paces you have intended it to. All your hard work is definitely something to be proud of. What I love about your mods is that everything is so subtle that folks don't realize how different it really is. I am a big fan of your build. Sad thing about the Honda community is that if it isn't a Civic, Integra, S2000 or NSX, then it doesn't matter. Yet I wouldn't trade my CB7 for any of those. Honestly.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

The results of the show reinforced my desire to build my car for myself and for our own CB7 community. Seeing all those super slammed cars stall on speedbumps during setup showed me the importance of having a functional car and helped me do away with my desire to even go that low anymore. Seeing all the cars that were done up so extravagantly to the point where i would never drive it reinforced my love for my own car and how not only is it eye candy, but it can also be enjoyed inside and out by not just me, but also my passengers.

The people who were interested in my car though, I could tell they were genuine car enthusiasts, who loved cars for what they were and weren't interested in breeding a show car. That's why I offered to let them sit in my car and to see what it's like to sit in lavish daily driver, and to share my build with them rather than only giving them what their eyes could take in.

I have a different view of VIP than the VIP cars at the show, and although i love the style, what good is the style if the driving experience can only be enjoyed by yourself? I build my car for not only me, but my passengers.

Modernization and restoration. Two words that I feel describe the CB7 community very well. To bring back to life an old generation and make it into a timeless piece that will last for generations to come.

And this is why I truly appreciate that this car was passed down to me. It teaches morals and values and what really should matter to a car enthusiast.

------

BTW, MY NEW EXHAUST SET-UP GAVE ME 3-4 MORE MPG. I'M SOOO FREAKIN HAPPY, instead of fighting for a solid 23, I got 26mpg effortlessly, running AC and mashing it. omfgggggkasdjf;lkamsdflasdklfjask;dlf

blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

I'm very glad that you feel that way about your car and I totally agree 100% what's the point if its not fictional and your passengers can't enjoy it as well. I'm glad you have found a new view of your car and I hope you enjoy your car aswell as your passenger's .
        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

read every page didnt see what kind of rear lip you are using or what kind of rear "oh shit" bars your using in the rear for passangers.

cant believe i slept on this MR . the mr section is the shit

Comment

Your CB7 is hella clean in person brah!! Pictures don't do it any justice!!

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
              read every page didnt see what kind of rear lip you are using or what kind of rear "oh shit" bars your using in the rear for passangers.

cant believe i slept on this MR . the mr section is the shit
              Rear lip, I HAD used a 5th Gen OEM rear lip before. if I had the chance to do it again, I would not line them up with my rear mudflaps, and instead cut the lip in a different spot so I could cover the full side profile of the bumper. But... I'm too lazy to try again so I opted to use 5th Gen Accord OEM Rear mudflaps. drilled a couple new holes for it to bolt up clean, and i'm very much satisfied. high rear, so i have a sportier look and can still see my fat ass Apexi WS2 can, but the mudflaps curve gently into the bumper for a seamless transition from sideskirt to rear.

Legend Coupe 91-93 front lip
              5G Accord OEM Side Skirts
              5G Accord OEM front and rear mudflaps.

^that is my lip kit that I have on my car. very sleek and parts are all available at the junkyard!

Oh shit bars, I'm assuming you're talking about the grab handles on the roof? I have grey Acura Legend 91-95 leather grab handles, remove your plastic-y ones and swap these in its place. subtle mod, yet makes your interior feel so much more better! I could rarely find grey, so I consider my set kinda rareish

of you have any more questions, lmk! I'll be glad to answer them!

@SNOOZE: hahaha thanks for driving up all the way, that was definitely an adventure! middle of summer and it's raining!? o_o but yeah, good luck with the kit, lemme know how it looks if you mock it up!

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                @SNOOZE: hahaha thanks for driving up all the way, that was definitely an adventure! middle of summer and it's raining!? o_o but yeah, good luck with the kit, lemme know how it looks if you mock it up!
                Yeah the drive was hella crazy!! There was lightning! Thanks for hooking it up with the kit bro, it's gonna look sick on my car!! I think I'll be one of the first people to use that kit with fogs!!! I'm probly gonna get it installed professionally so it comes out hella clean!! I'll post pics as soon as it's installed and painted

Comment

Some ass shots from friends

^On the way to Reno to do a community service event with UN Reno Circle K International. That trip was the ultimate driving test ;~;

^Courtesy of SanJoCaF22DrAcc. LOVE THIS SHOT!!! This was at BLOX OH 2012.
                  Last edited by P5ylance; 08-09-2012, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I wanna see it in person again ^_^ because DAT ASSS is amazaaang!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        BEST. COMMENT.

Comment

Asstastic.

Comment

puff of white smoke at start-up, after i had driven it for the day, and then let it sit for an hour while i grabbed some eats from a buffet. rich smell coming from my vents when i step on the gas.

1) what about the white smoke?
                            2) I think my o2 sensor needs replacing (to solve the richness problem).

I know my lower spark plug tube seals are probably leaking, because even with new upper seals I still have some oil on my spark plugs and have to go in every now and then and soak it up with a paper towel. I don't know how to remove the camshaft assembly, nor do i have the time to. Also, I don't have the option of leaving my car in a shop to get that done because it is my DD and I need to use it everyday, absolutely.

sucks not having money :| have to save up for school, and debt, and saving up to take my dog to the pet hospital to get a tumor removed from his buttcheek (if it grows it blocks his ability to poop ) but yeah. bleh.

rack and pinion bushing is also going out, and my rack and pinion boots are torn, so i have to save up for that too, and installation. bah.

everyone keeps telling me to get a new car. I tell em gtfo though, my car is the best haha

PS: Quite a few people have called my car an Acura recently! This worker at kragen, a few people that i've driven to service events asked me "what kind of acura is this?", and my friend's dad told me my front end looks so much like the legend coupe or an acura in general. SUCCESS.

Comment

White smoke is no bueno sir. Could need a head gasket replaced. Oil smoke is usually blue. You wouldn't be burning oil if it were the lower spark tube seals unless you replaced your spark plugs recently and didn't soak up the oil with something before removing them. You put a G into your Honda and it will last another 100k. Just to get a new car you'll probably spend 10x's that.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

That sucks. The lower tube seal replacement is not that hard to do and neighther is the head gasket. If you do replace the head gasket you can do the seals, timing belt,valve adjustment. $500 bucks and your motor is good to go.
                                2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                                2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                                CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                                GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Working...
                                X