Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy. But I want to do this. What would your crazy build be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably none of this is technically possible, but if I won the lottery and had the time and help this is what I'd do. I'd find a CB9, strip it down and repaint the entire car in GPW, replace all the windows, motors, electrical, trim and essentially rebuild the car with brand new parts. I'd drop a ridiculous engine in, like a C32B, turbo it and build it to last.

I'd also figure out how to work in Acura's SH-AWD system, 5-lug conversion with NSX brakes and rims, essentially put the absolute best mechanical parts money can buy. Throw in a full leather interior with heated seats, Bose audio, and all the fixin's like front and rear fogs, intersection lights, etc.

After all that I think the car would deserve having an Accord Type-R badge on it and call it a day.

I'm sure that none of that is possible to do, but it sure is a crazy build.

Comment

The SH-AWD system...I thought about that...It's easier to build your controller and write your own code to control it vs trying to use Honda's control scheme. Trust me, I've tried to read an even smaller sub-system and it isn't easy.

Lots of skyline love here. If I had to pick a car that wasn't Honda...it would be a 69 Camaro with an LS1 swap and a dual Holset VGT (that's fully programmable btw) setup that revs to 8k. All Black, and a nice sound system. 6 speed of course.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFunk View Post
        As far as dream build goes I would want to do a RWD CB7 or DA9 build with something like a KA24 or maybe a high boost Volvo B series.
        I'll be a dreamer for a long time though, must first acquire knowledge and some money to throw at it.
        Speaking of old school integras my good friend that happens to be doing the body work on my new car is doing a full restoration of his. It's a sedan. We're trying to convince him to go turbo K in it. He's debating it but might be getting a steal on a B20V so he's probably going to put the B16 from his CRX into the integra. But if you know about the sedans not many came with sunroofs but he had a roof sent to him to convert it lol. He's crazy but this thing is going to be BEAUTIFUL. Although it looks like it's still on the factory line lol.

[/URL]

All these replies are awesome! So much CB9 and Skyline love! I want to read more!
        Originally posted by cb9love
        when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

my opinion is do it, you'll learn so much from restoring any car. this is what im doing with LS swaps (LS1 not Acura B18 LS).

since it is fuel injection, i usually have to update the entire wiring harness to a more modern style fuse box and i usually rip everything out of the interior. On the bottom, i have to change rear end gears, posi, uprdate brakes to accomadate for more power, change the fuel tank to fuel injection and of course do the motor and trans.

On my corrado, ive already did the motor, supercharger, wheels, brakes, suspension components, seats, roll cage, audio and exhaust. im not too experienced with custom interior and body so that usually gets sublet.

I plan on getting an old skool mini cooper and prepping it for "Italian job" style driving. it's going to get a built B18c. i kinda miss the honda world even though im knee deep into the LS motors and swaps (probably have 10k in engine and cylinder heads). hondas are reliable and make good power. even my f22a would get up and go better than my current subaru daily.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
            After all that I think the car would deserve having an Accord Type-R badge on it and call it a day.
            I just about died laughing when I read your cherry on the sunday.

Comment

My dream is actually extremely similar to Andrewasoar's. I'm building a CB9 to be my image of the perfect vehicle. Something comfortable and practical enough to drive to work everyday and take on long road trips, but still be very capable on occasional track days. I've got my plan already laid out in intense detail on a Notepad file, but the gist is this:

1) Build the engine
              This is what I'm working on now. H22, all-motor, somewhere in the ballpark of 245whp. I'm "doing it right the first time" and only going with quality brands that racers have depended on for years. In going with the "practicality" theme... I'll just say I'm overdoing this, and getting things I probably don't need, but I want this motor as strong as possible. I've got about $8-9k in specific parts picked out and am only just starting to purchase things.

2) Buy the car
              Definitely a wagon here, and definitely a 92/93 EX with a manual - it's gotta have manual seat belts, gotta have a sun roof, and because of circuit racing it needs a manual transmission. I, too, want right-hand-drive for the simple fact of it being cool and pretty unique on American roads. When the engine is finally finished, I may be patient and collect parts for other aspects of my project while I wait a bit for the 92/93 (I guess that'd be 91/92 for Japanese model years?) to be 25 years old and exempt from stupid American import regulations.

3) My "Immediate Stance" phase
              Getting the suspension and wheels right so the car sits just how I want it, as well as collecting the exterior parts I need for step 4. Since I want to do a five-lug conversion, it makes the most sense to do that now, while I'm working on the suspension... and since I'm doing the 5-lug, I may as well upgrade the brakes: calipers, lines, everything. I'm definitely investing in some serious wheels here as well; I've got a few in mind, but am still undecided.

4) Paint
              I'm painting this thing BMW's Monaco Blue Metallic. It's a classy color, but it's also dark enough to aid my planned body parts in giving the car a subtly aggressive appearance. My chosen wheels will match this "sport luxury" theme.

5) Transaxle
              Something a lot of people overlook. It's got to be able to handle the power, improve acceleration & torque, plus a nice diff will help handling.

6) Back to the chassis
              All of the suspension & chassis upgrades that weren't needed for basic stance will come in here.

7) Exterior
              Little details, again that weren't required before. A second set of sideskirts and an Evo-style hood to add options. I also want some real fog lights, and I'm becoming really interested in wheels as of late, so there will be more of those. There are other random pieces; all the small things make for a beautiful whole.

8) Interior
              Comfortable, functional, stylish. I'm really getting into the nitty-gritty in here. Things like an S2K cluster swap (in the long-term, I'm wanting to do a DC5 RSX/Integra dash swap), Mugen shifter & pedals, some comfy buckets from someone like Bride, new carpet, and a full interior re-upholstery (I really like the Ferrari 456's two-tone black & tan leather interior and will try to mimic that in a way that works with the Accord's lines) with the wagon rear compartment lined with something akin to the Element's rubber floors to stand up to whatever I might want to haul back there.

9) Long-term ideas
              The aforementioned DC5 dash swap, coil-on-plug conversion, and engine bay shave & tuck. My original engine idea was to go roots-supercharged. I may still do this, and since I plan to have fabrication skills long before I get to this point, I'll likely do a custom setup with an Eaton M62. The power shouldn't change, I think 250whp or so will be exactly what I want out of a FWD, but it's a different kind of powerband and that whine is intoxicating.

I expect this to take many years, but I'm an extremely patient person. I think that not having owned a CB for two years now and only gaining interest in that time proves I'm not going anywhere.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-17-2014, 08:34 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Funny, about a month ago I started having dreams about buying a CB coupe and making it rear wheel drive. By rotating the f22a engine 90 degrees, using an adapter plate/spacer, one of my spare 13b transmissions and finish it with 240sx rear end. I can't seem to get the idea out of my head. I wish I had the resources and time to research this, but work and my current projects are taking up all my free time.

The reason for the 13b tranny over the ka24 or s2k or sr20 tranny is that the 13b tranny has the starter on the transmission side unlike the other who have them on the block side.

Comment

Shortly after I completed my first engine swap back when I was 18 I thought this would be possible and not that expensive. My plan was a dual motor 4 wheel drive ef hatch. I think it's ef, 89-91 civic anyhow. That would consist of two zc motors, both with small turbo mated to automatics. Each with their own ecu and tcu allowing them to be completely independent and shift when they need.
                  Thinking back on it, in about 2004 I had two si hatches but time available and funds prevented me from doing anything with them. I likely missed my best shot at it.
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I want to do a Hybrid type CB where the electric motor is the only one powering the wheels and have a small diesel generator that will power the electric motor. I would also want the electric motor to be connected to the transmission so I could still feel like a race car.
                    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                      Shortly after I completed my first engine swap back when I was 18 I thought this would be possible and not that expensive. My plan was a dual motor 4 wheel drive ef hatch. I think it's ef, 89-91 civic anyhow. That would consist of two zc motors, both with small turbo mated to automatics. Each with their own ecu and tcu allowing them to be completely independent and shift when they need.
                      Thinking back on it, in about 2004 I had two si hatches but time available and funds prevented me from doing anything with them. I likely missed my best shot at it.

Why the hell not.

Comment

At the time Hyundai had a media available tiburon that had two motors. One of the car mags, maybe road and track did a two page story on it. I had worked on four ef swaps that year between mine and my friends and then mine again. All of the zc motors I saw came from automatics and cost about 400 bucks. I think the tranny could be ordered too. It seemed easily doable at the time but like most of that kind of modification it would likely have passed ten grand though.
                        ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

'91 Silver ex sedan

ej25/6-speed/drivetrain from STi

Porsche centerlock brake conversion

ohlins custom valved coilovers

all new bushings/control arms/balljoints/camber kits

fully Pierce Motorsports braced (4-point rear trunk_c-pillar_2-point front_rear sway_6-point front tie bar with aluminum skid plate)

volk g12 (Porsche centerlock)

new black fabric interior w/new black oem Recaro ITR's

s2000 gauge cluster

Momo Montecarlo 350mm steering wheel/short hub/quick release/hub lock

dry carbon fiber hood/flared fenders/front and rear doors/trunk

custom fabbed dry frs front bumper with cromoly push bar cut out

rear windshield slats/jdm window visors/fender mounted sideview mirrors

s2000 projector lowbeam/sc400 projector fog light retros

rear aimed bumper mounted led light bar with strobe (for asshole tailgaters)

I have soooo many random "build" lists for cb's.
                          Last edited by Lucien; 09-19-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

N22B SWAP

.....TURBO DIESEL.....

177HP and 280TQ Stock

This engine get's 42mpg, has a top speed of 140mph, 0-60 in 8.1 seconds and runs the 1/4 miles in 16.1 seconds in the 3490lb car it comes in which is also an Accord. And it's also a 2.2l.

-6 Speed K series transmission from a TSX and SP Tuning stage 3 ECU remap for 200HP and 320TQ.

-In a clean dark green 92/93 coupe with a grey cloth interior.

-Basic JDM necessities, fogs, visors, one piecers and so on.

Comment

Not that I'd attempt it, but something I've tickled the imagination with a few times over the last couple years: RT-AWD RSX. A DC5 would make for one sexy Evo/STI killer!
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-24-2014, 03:27 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I keep wanting to drop a v12 turbo into my CLK.
                                problem is I should just get a CL
                                there's no aero kits i like for CL's so am going to go full sleeper and boost it a little.
                                still debating a few factors.

CLK I could make really nice externally.

Comment

Working...
                                X