jdm_inspired : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
    Nah didn't know we could do that. Can't we use a prelude shifter too?
    i dont see why not
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Still looking good

Needed motivation to fix my rear main seal problem

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
        Still looking good

Needed motivation to fix my rear main seal problem
        Shoot, give me some of that motivation back to fix my rear main seal problem lol.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

It would only take like 2/3 of a day to knock it out... on the ground... with caveman tools...

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
            So far so good. I heard about the risks of it, but I've been lucky so far. I'm not going off-road or anything but I can see how a pebble or rock can get in there. My theory might be wrong but with those gears spinning as fast as I think it does, the rock would have to drop in perfect timing in-between the teeth. Any rock bigger than my pinky nail I would even wonder how it would fly up the engine bay that high. In other words, I feel its pretty safe.
            Sounds like what I would think as well. It wouldn't look right tho with the power steering still on there. I even took my ps belt off to try it out. It made my reservoir overflow than a bitch, and it was stiff as hell. I heard it's not as stiff with the pump removed. I had a daily with no power steering once and it wasn't that bad. That was on 13 inch skinny wheels tho, lol.

My CB is mainly a daily cruiser now, and I realized I drive one handed almost always, so I may have to skip ps delete for now. Can't have it both ways. (Unless I had another ride more comfortable of course lol)

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
              Sounds like what I would think as well. It wouldn't look right tho with the power steering still on there. I even took my ps belt off to try it out. It made my reservoir overflow than a bitch, and it was stiff as hell. I heard it's not as stiff with the pump removed. I had a daily with no power steering once and it wasn't that bad. That was on 13 inch skinny wheels tho, lol.

My CB is mainly a daily cruiser now, and I realized I drive one handed almost always, so I may have to skip ps delete for now. Can't have it both ways. (Unless I had another ride more comfortable of course lol)
              You would be surprised how easy it is to turn the wheel with one hand. I run on 17"x 7.5" tires and I turn the wheel with one hand. It becomes even easier when I put on my stock rims for winter which are only 5" wide. The manual rack conversion is well worth it imo.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I drive perfectly fine without it. Actually my ps lines are open cause I used the wrong hoses and it popped. Only problem is on a standstill but it isnt that bad. I wouldnt covert back if youre asking my opinion. Definitely feel the road more, and thats an advantage.

93 'til infinity

Comment

yeah. I guess I was asking for your review on driving without it

You have open lines and its ok, so I think something is wrong with my rack. It was only real stiff at certain points in the turn.

I have a dohc valve cover I want to shave and cut like you have it. I think you'll agree it wouldn't look right with the power steering line running across the crank gears with no cover. but I like how yours look with the greddy belt, plus the adjustability for tuning

Sorry to jack your thread tho

@Rilas, I'm thinking DX rack if I get a new one

Comment

yeah. I guess I was asking for your review on driving without it

You have open lines and its ok, so I think something is wrong with my rack. It was only real stiff at certain points in the turn.

I have a dohc valve cover I want to shave and cut like you have it. I think you'll agree it wouldn't look right with the power steering line running across the crank gears with no cover. but I like how yours look with the greddy belt, plus the adjustability for tuning

Sorry to jack your thread tho

@Rilas, I'm thinking DX rack if I get a new one
                    All good bro.
                    That would be the best choice.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Sorry to thread jack earlier. Anyway I absolutely love what you've done with your accord! I hope to one day have a paint job half as nice as your's is!

What happened though, after you got pulled over and they checked your engine bay? After that happened it seemed like all was over and you were going to have to get rid of it.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                        Sorry to thread jack earlier. Anyway I absolutely love what you've done with your accord! I hope to one day have a paint job half as nice as your's is!

What happened though, after you got pulled over and they checked your engine bay? After that happened it seemed like all was over and you were going to have to get rid of it.
                        I'm not trippen bro. Paint isnt perfect. Hella dents but thinking of another paint job. Yeah, I thought it was over actually. Ended up just paying the fine which to my surprise was only $280. Online, members on forums were stating around $700-800. I wasnt prepared for that amount but by the hands of god, I got a huge break. I asked the lady in the window when could I start driving my car again. She said once I pay off my fine, the ticket is cleared, BUT I run the risk of getting pulled over again. So, I am super cautious where I drive now. It is fun to drive, especially next to built fast cars. It is a love hate relationship for sure tho. I still turn to look at it every time I walk away from it. Thats how you know if its the car. Any peace officers please chime in, but I,m curious if my "modified emissions" ticket populates the screen when an officer pulls me over. Just curious. If and when I do end this project and attachment, it'll probably be a bike. My wrenching days arent over, but time is limited with so much work and having a significant other consumes all my time. Im not trying to marry this car so my time needs to be prioritized. For now, I will keep this and enjoy rolling around in something I build from the ground up. Definitely proud.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Learning how to read KM in a MPH world.

93 'til infinity

Comment

That's probably one of the cleanest clusters I've seen in a while. It's going to look good when it's in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                              That's probably one of the cleanest clusters I've seen in a while. It's going to look good when it's in.
                              Thank you. Hopefully there's no compatibility issues.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Seeing this makes me want to build a CB again...the right way.

Comment

Working...
                                X