CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 06:16 AM   #41
KBA
CB7tuner Member

KBA is cool... so far.
Just finished a few more renderings to inspire my self getting to fabrication.
Enjoy.

KBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:23 AM   #42
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
If ever there was a reason to go back to an F-series engine your research and work would be among the top choices.
Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #43
jamin_jacob
Newcomer

jamin_jacob is cool... so far.
Thumbs up

Now this is good as gold! i wanna thank you for all the time invested in researching this motor and its byproducts.
jamin_jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:25 AM   #44
KBA
CB7tuner Member

KBA is cool... so far.
Thank you and you're welcome to everyone.

Right now the head is at a local shop to remove the dead valve seats and guides. The process is slow and I have to keep calling them in order to make them remember about myself.
But in the meantime thought I'd clean her up a bit. All these years working on engines has thought me one thing - if you want things to perform and last, assemble them clean. A good workshop draws parallels to a pharmacy if you know what I mean

Starting with the rocker arms:
Left: diesel bath + soda gun
Right: diesel bath + soda gun + dremel brushing

Old 03-22-2018, 06:39 AM   #45
KBA
CB7tuner Member

KBA is cool... so far.
And so, based on the CFD input, I had the feeling that port work might not even be necessary, simply because the PT3 is already so good from the factory. So I decided to simply install +2 mm valves, blend the seats and clean the casting with a sand paper. Before I do it all, I just wanted to throw up a last, clean flow sim on a port that would match my final result as close as possible. Here are some pictures of how and what was done in CAD to accomplish this.

The green areas point to the only changes that were made aside from the original.

Here the interference zones show a very close tolerance between the scan and CAD surface. Overall I think the resemblance is now a lot greater than it was initially.

Lets just say that I decided to go with shiny beryllium copper seats and bronze guides along with the bigger valves, so here is the final image.

CFD will follow next week.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #46
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132
Bravo, sir, bravo! You and your reserach are, dare I say singlehandedly, promoting the propagation of enthusiasm for hardcore F series engine building at the current time.

I am happy to find this, as this supports other research done previously by others, including Wes (wed3k). Long ago, he established an account with PEP (Precision engine parts). They offer 0.5mm oversized stainless steel values and bronze valve guides.

Intake: 1.16mm head, 4.86 Overall length
Exhaust: 1.35mm head, 4.41 Overall length

Since they apparently fit in the stock seats, I'm not sure they provide much benefit on their own (no throat enlargement or re-seating) after your research. Apparently, there are other companies that were selling 0.5 mm oversized valves as well. I am sticking around for your 2 mm oversized valves and seat blending results on your PT3!

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s continues...or AutoX?
af_1132 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cfm , f22a , porting , pt3 , valvetrain

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: