Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23/f22 swap headgasket question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23/f22 swap headgasket question ?

ok i have a prelude which im doing a f22 block h23 head swap. i got the head gasket today its a felpro for f23 and f22 it fit right over the chambers but 2 of the coolant holes are blocked off on the gasket , i looked up the write up on it he dont say anyything about them . heres a pic i found my queston is in the red part and the head has holes for those...so wat do i do??

umm bump need to know for tomarrow

Comment

drill out those 2 holes
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Yea the writeup i've looked at the guy used the stock honda F23 headgasket. So the felpro is most likely different, for whatever reason.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

well i poked 2 holes in it , i out the head on hopefully this is gonna work...

Comment

well so far so goo except for my oil light flikering....idk wat happend motor runs dotn over heat or anything...

Comment

sure you got oil in there?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

make sure u got the oil pressure sensor plug on there tight.. and that the plug isnt halfway loose.. causing a short in the signal..

secondly u did infact use a f23a/98+ accord headgasket right??? ur not suppost to have interference with coolant holes.. rather a corner of the gasket that doesnt line up with an oil drain..

anyhow.. just keep checking for leaks from the timing belt side upper right hand corner.. if u didnt silicion/jbweld/honda bond or variant u might spring an oil leak... it will seep up in most cases when its done wrong..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

COMPARISON of both blocks

edit: just incase some dont know

f22a=top
                  h23a=bottom

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

well now the oil light comes on lil by lil at start and after it warmes up it just stays on....my oil looks like its gray at the very tip of dip stick and near the dots its looks like its clear or something , idk if its water or wat dont look like oil , i have no leaks that i can see , i did swithc the oil pna with h23 one and put a new gasket , tomarro will check and see wtf happend , aslo i only honda bonded that one spot u said thats it ...

Comment

ur mixing coolant with oi...

in my honest opinion... start from scratch again man.. this is bound to hurt something

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yes sir.........did u get the head and block resurfaced before putting it back together? Did you use new headstuds or originals? The original OEM head studs are stretch type which means after they are torqued down the first time, they stretch. ARP headstuds dont do that which is why they are reuseable. If the head and block werent resurfaced, then there is a likeliness of an unproperly mated surface which is why you are mixing coolant and oil.

Comment

damm idk if it will be cheaper to rebuild my h23 then , i dont feel likepulling head back off again and putting new head gaket , motor does pull

Comment

IMO i would rebuild the h23 since the h23 is a hell of a base to start with. Whether its boost or its All motor or just to have to drive from point a to b. I wanna do a h23 build one day........Once the f22 i have blows up along with the f22/h23 motor i have sitting and waiting lol. Same build you have there

Comment

umm i herd u cant resuface block becasue its iron ....but idk if i should put the f22 a head back on or get the right headgasket and do it again...

Comment

Working...
                              X