gates performance belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gates performance belts

Has any1 or know any1 who uses this belt?

Its blue.. suppose 2 last 3x longer than oe.. uses kevlar strands to hold it together.

I no all say oem oem oem.. but they meet if not excide oem specs.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

I have heard of three failures in EJ25 Subraus.

I don't know what exactly that means for us really.

Comment

Read nothing but good things for honda and acuras

Comment

Me too. Maybe it's a Subaru thing.

Comment

Reid At Kaizenspeed laughs at the Blue "racing" belts. A gates timing belt was included with my manual tensioner for the H22 from them.

"Included in this package is a Gates timing belt. Don't waste your money on a blue "racing" timing belt... LOL. Buy from the company who supplies the OEM's. The Gates timing belt is a quality part, with a warranty."

I do believe gates manufactures most of the replacement OEM belts even if theyre rebadged.

Save your loot and just get a normal one, they all have aramid in them..keeps them from stretching. Plus youll still want to do the recommended service interval, the only benefit from the "racing" belt is just that, for racing, balls to the wall full output for extended periods, that likely get changed well before a daily's service interval timeframe.
          Last edited by illinois_erik; 10-15-2014, 03:15 AM.

Comment

I do....what's it to ya?
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I thought it was supposed to be an OEM belt that comes with their manual tensioner for $160.

Gates does make OEM belts. However, not our OEM belts. Still yet, I agree with you on the quality. And him.

But Gates isn't OEM. To list it as OEM is simply misleading. I see the reasoning behind listing it as OEM but to me, that's being deceptive. I just checked and it isn't listed as an OEM belt anymore. But I know at one time not long ago it was. I imagine that in it's self provoked the explanation given on the listing. Someone bought what they thought was an OEM belt (just as it was advertised meaning from Honda) and when they received it they were upset. IMO rightfully so. Looks awful a lot like someone tried to pull a fast one. I won't say that about Kaizenspeed. Hell, I rocked their decals on my 93. But they should have known better about listing it as OEM. Even if it were in the description which it may have been, still, it isn't OEM so a seller should not call it as such.

Personally I would do just as you said Erik. You have to replace the water pump at 60 to 90K anyways. Might as well do the belt too. Actually it says that for the belt and does not specify about the pump (or I'm unaware of it anyhow) but that's my take on it.

Just to mention it, GReddy also makes an H22 belt. It's purple. Which IMO is cool as shit. Don't know about the belt, but the damn thing looks good!

Nevermind. It's blue. HKS does make purple belts though.

It's HKS that makes a purple belt. Not for the H22 though or at least that I am aware of.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-15-2014, 03:51 AM.

Comment

I found the thread it was moved.

So who is the dealer of gates?? Kaizenspeed?

Testimony of the belt.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/...=1&*entries*=0

yes water pump will b replaced as well and tensinor

Comment

I am using the gates blue belts. But only for power steering and the alternator belt.

I have had no problems with them. They do cost a good bit more than the regular black ones.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                    I found the thread it was moved.

So who is the dealer of gates?? Kaizenspeed?

Testimony of the belt.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/...=1&*entries*=0

yes water pump will b replaced as well and tensinor
                    o'reillys and carquest for me.
                    http://www.gates.com/where-to-buy/au...ibutor-locator

dont forget your balance shaft belt and seal retainer if needed lol..chip chip chipin away

Heres an OEM belt for 18 dolla make you holla
                    14400-PT0-004
                    I looked up the balance shaft belt and its listed as 70$ so Id take advantage of their mistake lmao --v

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...FehDMgod33EAJA

Comment

When looking at that Greddy belt I also found they had a balance shaft belt listed for the H22 too. Which is odd as most people delete it in performance applications.

Comment

^ another issue.. I wanted to delete my balance shaft belt

Idk if I would have issue without out like rough idle or anything

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                          ^ another issue.. I wanted to delete my balance shaft belt

Idk if I would have issue without out like rough idle or anything
                          The CB7 seemed to be okay w/o it but I had newer mounts in it, that was with just nixing the belt

The CD5 with 300K mile old mounts, nixing the belt sucks. at idle the whole car's doing the chimi changa, next time im in there and have the money itll get it replaced, but a "new" engine from HMO might be the next step before timing service. That also would keep all the stock stuff before dropping it in

The H22 going in the CB7 LX has a proper balance shaft delete and solid mounts..so we'll see

Comment

Damnit, now i want a purple timing belt for no reason.

Comment

Ok y'all I need some input....

I'm going with a gates belt, now the tensior at advance is 12 doesn't include spring.. spring is 8.. dealer spring is 20... idk which spring is more stiffer. Advance or dealer...now balance shaft belt is 8 at advance and seal is 6.... idk how much the balance and seal are at the dealer...I am going with oem waterpump tho.

Input please on the tensior, spring, balance belt and seal... thank u.

The springs at the dealer has to b stiffer...

Please give give me input.
                              Also I'm gettin a crank seal from dealer for $20

Comment

Working...
                              X