Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haters

Y'all haters yo

Just Cuz I have chopped springs and a type r badge on my d13 civic don't mean nothing I like how it looks you just hat in fool damn y u got be so rude you fat fuck I don't even need to listen to yo bitch ass

And people wonder why the car scene is going to hell.

There is no thought going into builds these days.

If you lower your car on wide wheels that's it.

I'm not here to debate about the safety or quality of that setup, as its the trend and I don't care about that, but back in the day so much thought time and effort was put into cars, but now there is no originality, and if you even dare to say anything against it your instantly "a hater"

I don't get it

Dam haters yo
    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

sorry bro, but cut springs and wide tires in the car world are older than the word haters, just sayin man.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

No I know that, I'm just talking about the ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
        No I know that, I'm just talking about the ignorance.
        Yes, the ignorance is astounding considering how much easier information is to obtain .
        CB7TUNER.com

Comment

I've got news for you. It's not just the car scene. The collective intelligence of society as a whole is swirling around in the toilet right now. It's right there to be saved by a risky grasp, but pretty soon it's going to get sucked down. After that point, we'll have to go to the treatment facility to retrieve it.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah very true, just figured I'd keep it car related on a car forum haha,

The thing that confuses me the most is that our current generation has the easiest access to the largest collection of information ever created - the internet,

Yet people still buy eBay coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
              Yeah very true, just figured I'd keep it car related on a car forum haha,

The thing that confuses me the most is that our current generation has the easiest access to the largest collection of information ever created - the internet,

Yet people still buy eBay coilovers.
              I am beginning to think that the ease of information might be causing the downward spiral.
              It takes no effort to become a "net" expert. Somehow whats on the net is more important then personal real life experience.
              It only took one ride in some dudes cut spring mintruck to realize that is a bad idea.
              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                I am beginning to think that the ease of information might be causing the downward spiral.
                It takes no effort to become a "net" expert. Somehow whats on the net is more important then personal real life experience.
                It only took one ride in some dudes cut spring mintruck to realize that is a bad idea.
                Yes...That's why I collect non-fiction books. Nothing like a good paper cut on the path to knowledge.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                  The ease of information, combined with the abundance, availability, and relatively low cost of damn near anything you could ever want are what I see as causing things to collapse intellectually.

These days, it's honestly easier to just buy new things than to bother figuring out how to repair or upgrade the old, or create something yourself. This applies to practically everything... but cars are a very good example.

Turbo kits illustrate my point quite well. You can go on eBay and pick up a turbo kit for very little money. Brand new. Includes "everything". No thinking necessary. No effort necessary. Just buy it, bolt it on, and you're done.
                  Assembling a comparable kit out of used parts would potentially cost more, and require a LOT more effort (learning what you need, why you need it, and finding the correct parts.)
                  Once you have your cheap eBay turbo kit, you can install it with help from people on Facebook, videos on Youtube, and pictures/diagrams uploaded by people in the past.
                  You're NOT looking for details on stronger internals, because nobody stresses that. You're NOT looking for information on ECU tuning, because that's super complicated... you can just buy a basemap.

People take the path of least resistance. They follow trends blindly because they "go with what works".
                  Sometimes, the popularity of a product or procedure is a good indicator of its quality... but not always. You must look at the people that decide to follow a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    You must look at the people that decide to follow a trend.
                    Why don't we just start safety-oriented trends that improve the safety of our vehicle over stock?

I'm installing the passenger air bag from a '93 SE sedan in my car. I bought the wiring harness and brain to hook it all up correctly, too.

We can post Facebook updates as each of us leave the dealer from having the belts inspected or replaced if the retractors are lazy or broken.

We can make first-aid kits, roadside hazard accessories and properly-maintained spares a popular thing to do, too. Just post pictures on Facebook for the kids to see them and we'll all give you props and congratulate each other for them.

I've got Brembo calipers for both my Accord and my CL, but I'll admit those are more style points than decreased stopping distance. Good pads and lines could have done that.

If nothing else, doing all of that stuff will just annoy them, and that's fine with me too.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yo dawg check out my JDM airbag.

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        Why don't we just start safety-oriented trends that improve the safety of our vehicle over stock?

I'm installing the passenger air bag from a '93 SE sedan in my car. I bought the wiring harness and brain to hook it all up correctly, too.

We can post Facebook updates as each of us leave the dealer from having the belts inspected or replaced if the retractors are lazy or broken.

We can make first-aid kits, roadside hazard accessories and properly-maintained spares a popular thing to do, too. Just post pictures on Facebook for the kids to see them and we'll all give you props and congratulate each other for them.

I've got Brembo calipers for both my Accord and my CL, but I'll admit those are more style points than decreased stopping distance. Good pads and lines could have done that.

If nothing else, doing all of that stuff will just annoy them, and that's fine with me too.
                        I like that idea quite a bit.

I just fear that people would quickly turn it around to be no better than things are now.
                        From you, the idea of installing the passenger airbag from an SE sounds like a great idea... because you have the knowledge and sense to install it correctly. From someone else... it could be a hazard. Imagine an airbag installed by some ghetto method (as in "I couldn't find the wire harness, so I made my own!") Now the next time they have to stomp the brake pedal, their passenger gets a face full of airbag.

Brake mods are great, but I'm always a bit wary about modifying the brakes without proper knowledge of brake balance. I know for a fact that I don't know much about brake balance myself (hell, I don't even mess with it on video games!) Stronger brakes sound great, but if the balance isn't correct, they could initiate a spin.

Suspension mods are a BIG safety issue for me. I always urged people to use appropriate shocks when lowering their car. Many shocks, especially the less expensive ones, are not designed to work with a lower ride height and stiffer spring rate introduced by lowering springs. For a while, it seemed that a large number of people followed suit, and urged others to do the same. Then the coilover craze hit, and the market got flooded with inexpensive Chinese/Taiwanese knockoff junk. Suddenly, "just buy a set of Racelands... it'll be cheaper and safer!" is a normal argument. And while junk like Racelands or Emusa might be safer for a VERY short time, they will likely fail and be no safer than blown shocks on generic lowering springs (potentially even more dangerous, as there are more moving parts on those things that could break!)

I'm not discounting the safety-conscious idea, as I think it's a great one. I just foresee it getting corrupted by a fair number of those who will embrace it (and I assume that number will be few enough as it is!)
                        It might be worthwhile, though. Along with perhaps providing or compiling resources where people can learn the more complex details of popularly modified components... suspension, brakes, electrical. Fewer still would probably take the time or put forth the effort to learn the more complex concepts, but even if a few do, that will add to the ranks of those that will explain why some things are good and others are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Brake mods are great, but I'm always a bit wary about modifying the brakes without proper knowledge of brake balance. I know for a fact that I don't know much about brake balance myself (hell, I don't even mess with it on video games!) Stronger brakes sound great, but if the balance isn't correct, they could initiate a spin.
                          If you can lock your tires and/or engage ABS and you're not in a situation where fade is an issue, you don't need to touch your brakes. Anything you do won't help braking performance. Maybe you find a lighter setup and that helps with unsprung weight, or you want to change initial bite/feel with a different set of pads or stainless lines, but you're not improving brake performance.

Upgrade your tires. Once you get into a situation where you cannot lock your tires, then look into better brakes.

Comment

I like the safety idea about posting leaving the dealership. Gotta think like the kids to pertain to the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              I've got news for you. It's not just the car scene. The collective intelligence of society as a whole is swirling around in the toilet right now. It's right there to be saved by a risky grasp, but pretty soon it's going to get sucked down. After that point, we'll have to go to the treatment facility to retrieve it.
                              Word.

Comment

Working...
                              X