removal of rotors at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removal of rotors at home

ok i looked for this sticky or thread first and didnt seem to c it, i hav a slightly cracked left rotor and i have the rotors already to change them i was gonna go to pep boys but they want 300$$ to do them i dont want to pay that much id rather do them myself...who can tell me step by step how to take off the rotors without a slide hammer and air gun? i was told at the car meet by dominic but it was too many steps to remember so if anyone else knos how to do it please tell me...or at least make a sticky about this topic!
    GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=rotor

Comment

Another:

Comment

found it in two seconds my friend!

the axle nut might give you the most trouble. it's a pain to remove without airtools but it's doable. i've done it many times with just a breaker bar. make sure to soak it with PBblaster or something similar to loosen it.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

thnks
          GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

Comment

No Prob

Comment

i took off my axle the easiest way possible. get the longest breaker bar u can find.. soak the axle with WD-40. and get a hammer and bang the other end of the breaker bar hard as possible for like 15 hits u definitely got it off. took me less than 20 second =)
              DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
                i took off my axle the easiest way possible. get the longest breaker bar u can find.. soak the axle with WD-40. and get a hammer and bang the other end of the breaker bar hard as possible for like 15 hits u definitely got it off. took me less than 20 second =)
                axle != rotor

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

lol. i make my own breaker bars.

using a 1/2" drive socket, 1/2" drive ratchet, then i grind down the ends of the handle so i can slip on the handle for my floor jack. then its about 4 feet long now. then, just step on it lol. works like a charm if your heavy like me.

just make sure you dont try to turn it the wrong way then step on it that way. ive done that before

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    lol. i make my own breaker bars.

using a 1/2" drive socket, 1/2" drive ratchet, then i grind down the ends of the handle so i can slip on the handle for my floor jack. then its about 4 feet long now. then, just step on it lol. works like a charm if your heavy like me.

just make sure you dont try to turn it the wrong way then step on it that way. ive done that before
                    oopsie!

Comment

dont step on it. real shit. if that axle bolt aint been taking out since it was born. u will break the breaker bar like 3 times like me! first i use a torque. broke.. fine.. breaker. broke fine.. someone told me to jump on it.. broke.. bitch... next time i just HAMMER it and came out so easily and beautiful.. i recommended it!
                      DEFJAM

Comment

yesterday while takin out the driver side axle i been TRYINNGGG to take out the rotor.. 2 of the star shape looking thing came out easily. but the other nooooo. i slap a 11mm in it lock. then it strip!. but my 11MM bend open. cheap brand i guess. i got new tools tho so i'ma give it a try.
                        if the 11mm look like it gon strip then i'ma take it back out. cuz the 10mm doesnt fix for shit like ya'll say.
                        DEFJAM

Comment

real breaker bars suck. thats why I use a heavy duty ratchet. ive used it for all my swaps, still hasnt broken.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                          X