Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Self Service Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Service Car Wash

Today was a nice day. I went out and got mine and the girlfriend's car washed/detailed.

Here's what I brought
    • Bucket with Silt guard
    • Wash rags
    • Clean Microfiber cloths
    • Microfiber Mitt
    • Chamois
    • Wax Buffing Mitt
    • Wire Brushes
    • Diluted Purple Power Spray bottle
    • RainX in a spray bottle
    • Trim Restore Compound
    • Turtle Liquid Wax Spray bottle
    • Son of a Gun Tire Shine

The steps I took
    1. Presoak spray down
    2. Had my GF take the microfiber mitt and wipe while I sprayed
    3. Shot the engine bay with degreaser
    4. Shot the steelies with degreaser
    5. Turned to High power Wash/Shampoo
    6. Rinsed all the car down
    7. Turned to rinse
    8. filled up bucket with the silt guard with rinse
    9. Ran out of time on the timer
    10. took the microfiber and rinsed it and went over the car again
    11. Took the wirebrush and brushed on the metal of the engine bay
    12. Shot the engine bay with degreaser again and let it soak
    13. Put more money into the machine and sprayed starting on High power shampoo
    14. Rinse the body and try to get the Underbody while you're at it
    15. Rinse the engine bay well
    16. Clear Coat wash
    17. Rinse
    18. Dry the car with the Chamois (to not leave water marks)
    19. Spray the liquid wax in a misting motion side to side throughout the whole mist
    20. Let dry
    21. Buff with Polishing Mitt
    22. Spray windows down with the RainX solution
    23. I had to buff RainX at least 3x for smudge free application
    24. Let dry
    25. Trim restore the sides of the mudflaps, door paneling, etc.

I will post pictures soon.

Sounds like you did a pretty good job, but why not do it at home?

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
      Sounds like you did a pretty good job, but why not do it at home?
      I do not know how to allow water to pump to the front hose connection.. and two I do not have access to a High pressure washer.

If anybody can explain how to allow water to the front hose connection, I would greatly appreciate it

Comment

Do you have a basement? It's possible you have a shut off valve inside the house about 2-5 feet on the line that goes to the hose spiket out front. Open it up. It probly has a relief valve on the side of it make sure it's closed. Then next winter you shut it off and open the relief valve to drain the water that is in the pipe beyond the valve to prevent freezing. I dunno that's standard issue in ohio but maybe not Georgia.
        ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
          Do you have a basement? It's possible you have a shut off valve inside the house about 2-5 feet on the line that goes to the hose spiket out front. Open it up. It probly has a relief valve on the side of it make sure it's closed. Then next winter you shut it off and open the relief valve to drain the water that is in the pipe beyond the valve to prevent freezing. I dunno that's standard issue in ohio but maybe not Georgia.
          I see.. It's actually upagainst the wall of my garage. It's covered by some heavy shelving with plyboard covering it. So I am unable to see the back. I also do not have a basement at my house. I know theres the water heater on the same wall as the heater. Would there be piping which leads to that spigot?

Comment

If you are into keeping your cars relatively swirl free look into claying after a wash before you apply wax and dont let non microfiber towels touch your paint.

Comment

Originally posted by znano2003 View Post
              If you are into keeping your cars relatively swirl free look into claying after a wash before you apply wax and dont let non microfiber towels touch your paint.
              That is where you are wrong, claying actually marres the surface and makes it more swirled up than it was before. Claying just takes off the contaminants in the paint for you can polish it afterwards to get rid of the swirls and micro-marring.

Comment

Working...
              X