Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speedo issues, still....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
    You are over complicating a simple issue. Follow the KISS rule. Keep It Simple Stupid. Check continuity on all wires, connectoer to connector. Just for the record, not saying you don't know how, you did check your meter to see what zero is right? ( put the meter on ohms, touch the leads together to see what it reads just thru the meter, if it is a + # subtract from measure resistance if - add to resistance that amount). Taking the whole fuse box apart is a total waste of time. They are NOT prone to failure.
    Well dang. Yeah the box is not going back together lol. Ive checked on all wires that I know are related to the VSS, all 6.6v. Thinking about just running a standalone harness just for the VSS

Comment

If you remove fuse #1, is there then 12v at the hot side of the fuse socket? As well as feeding the back up lights, the yellow wire also feeds the MIL indicator light in the cluster which is grounded back to A13 at the ECM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        If you remove fuse #1, is there then 12v at the hot side of the fuse socket? As well as feeding the back up lights, the yellow wire also feeds the MIL indicator light in the cluster which is grounded back to A13 at the ECM.
        Ima check that. I'm no pro when it comes to wireing lol. I did finually check my CEL today and its a code 17, vss issue. But I KNOW the vss is good as ive put it on my other CB and it works fine, plus its brand new

Comment

<object id="pdfOb" data="http://www.srsplatform.com/webservices/Srs.WebPlatform.WebServices.FileManager.svc/POX/Get?sessionTokenId=4cdcba5b-27b3-44ea-acf7-32c1ef2835b7&amp;project=OemContent&amp;file=oedoc s%5c3946%5cpdf%5ca910706.pdf#page=1&amp;navpanes=0 &amp;zoom=100&amp;navpanes=0&amp;toolbar=1" type="application/pdf" width="100%" height="100%" style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"></object><object id="pdfOb" data="http://www.srsplatform.com/webservices/Srs.WebPlatform.WebServices.FileManager.svc/POX/Get?sessionTokenId=4cdcba5b-27b3-44ea-acf7-32c1ef2835b7&amp;project=OemContent&amp;file=oedoc s%5c3946%5cpdf%5ca020111.pdf#page=1&amp;navpanes=0 &amp;zoom=100&amp;navpanes=0&amp;toolbar=1" type="application/pdf" width="100%" height="100%" style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"></object> Just a couple of pieces of information from the Honda Tech articles

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Xhris View Post
            Ima check that. I'm no pro when it comes to wireing lol. I did finually check my CEL today and its a code 17, vss issue. But I KNOW the vss is good as ive put it on my other CB and it works fine, plus its brand new
            Have you tried another ECM?
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              Have you tried another ECM?
              Yep, swapped it with my other CB

Comment

a 12volt power distribution wire that is showing low voltage at the fuse panel output and the 12volt input is ok, 100% the problem is at the fuse box, if not internally burnt,there is a loose connection/connector on it somewhere.
                The connectors have a type of dielectric grease on them from the factory, over the years this grease breaksdown and actually starts being conductive and does odd things with the electrical system, aftermarket alarms and stereo systems that are wired\spliced directly into the fuse panels cause all sorts of electrical issues. Im in So. Calif. and see this at least once a month, even on newer cars and not only Hondas. Honda has released multiple service bullitins over the years regarding fuse panel issues and after market wiring,so the above statement saying these rarely fail is completely untrue,alot of failures have to be reported(warranty work)for a TSB to be issued by a MFG. the gunk in the photos is the factory dielectric grease breaking down and spreading over time, a thick layer of this on a connector will also cause issues,clean it all up and good to go. All this stuff generates excessive heat, big no no with electrical componets,
                one thing to remember with aftermarket electrical componets like alarms is, just because its been installed that way for years don't make it the right way!
                electrical repairs\installs should not have those POS quick lock\crimp connectors installed, connections and splices should be soldered, PERIOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                X