Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Battery dying…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery dying…

Hope someone can help me with my issue. A few days ago my battery light came on while driving. I thought it was the battery cable being lose, so i checked but that wasn’t it.
    Then while the car was running i wanted to check if it was the alternator that was messing up so then i took of the positive cable off and the car turned off. I had to jump it.
    I notice that the dashboard lights were very low as well as the headlights, when trying to drive the car, it hardly had power to move. I took off the alternator and took it to my near by autozone to have it checked. They said it was working fine. I am thinking my problem is the rebuilt starter i had put two months ago, mabe causing a shortage or something…

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know… Will be much appreciated

Check the wires to and from the alternator. If your alternator is working, somehow the current isn't getting to the rest of the car and it is running on the battery.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

watch these.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...he+car+guy+alt
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Had the same problem for me it turned out to be a faulty ground. I used a volt meter to see how much it was putting out of the alternator and then I checked how much was actualy getting back to the battery. Alt was putting out 14.2 and only 11.23 was getting back to the battery. Volt meter is also usful to check for paracitic drains. When car is off and battery is beeing drained by the car.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Originally posted by FAMOUS_GODSON View Post
          Hope someone can help me with my issue. A few days ago my battery light came on while driving. I thought it was the battery cable being lose, so i checked but that wasn’t it.
          Then while the car was running i wanted to check if it was the alternator that was messing up so then i took of the positive cable off and the car turned off. I had to jump it.
          I notice that the dashboard lights were very low as well as the headlights, when trying to drive the car, it hardly had power to move. I took off the alternator and took it to my near by autozone to have it checked. They said it was working fine. I am thinking my problem is the rebuilt starter i had put two months ago, mabe causing a shortage or something…

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know… Will be much appreciated
          sorry to hear your problem , i had this same issue ! actually 4 times! the first time was the rust or green thing that builds around the terminals was making the grown bad and the batter would not charge right the 2nd time one of my hoses snap and my car had blown head and kept going then die like half way all lights dim on the dash each time i drove around 1 mile 3rd time was alternator 4th time battery same thing bc the rust or w.e dint let it charge so i killed it finally gave out.. =(

Comment

^^^^
            Oh you mean the little green mushrooms of corrosion? I just use baking soda and water to clean it off then I slather some dielectric grease on it.

Comment

If it is on the terminals, make sure you remove them and clean the insides and the battery terminals. The corrosion can actually progress back into the wire under the insulation as well - had to replace one of my cables because of this.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

also check the power wires that go into the fusebox. Those are very prone to corrosion alot.mine were green all through the wires when i split the casing so i replaced them.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for trying to help me with my battery issue. Much appreciated!!!

Well i did what all of you suggested but couldn’t find the problem, I checked terminals all the wires and fuses but everything look good. I had no option but to take the alternator off the car for the second time. took it to AutoZone again and this time the guy there told me it was bad… lol I was happy i finally found the problem, but was kinda ticked off I had to take it there twice for them to tell me it was bad since the first time they said it was good … kinda figured the girl that checked it the first time was nobb. Well now at least i got to find the problem…

Comment

Working...
                  X