Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Personal outlooks! Sleeper or plain sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
    Does everyone on here live in the ghetto?
    Why's that?

If you're going to or can have the best of both worlds that's awsome. But all bark and no bite makes me giggle, i would much rather see hard thought out mechanical work put to work than saying hey look at me im purddy.

Imagine a stock cb (Or any un performance related vehicle) roll through the gates and bust ass i would smile just seeing that, but when a "Clean" done up one shows up and disappoints thats the norm i see it all the time at the track. I see way less function than form and thats how it usually goes with honda owners these days besides a swap and bolt on's. That's just the way i am, and if you're not fine with me.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by sohc-ftw View Post
      if You're Going To Or Can Have The Best Of Both Worlds That's Awsome. But All Bark And No Bite Makes Me Giggle, I Would Much Rather See Hard Thought Out Mechanical Work Put To Work Than Saying Hey Look At Me Im Purddy.

Imagine A Stock Cb (or Any Un Performance Related Vehicle) Roll Through The Gates And Bust Ass I Would Smile Just Seeing That, But When A "clean" Done Up One Shows Up And Disappoints Thats The Norm I See It All The Time At The Track. I See Way Less Function Than Form And Thats How It Usually Goes With Honda Owners These Days Besides A Swap And Bolt On's. That's Just The Way I Am, And If You're Not Fine With Me.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
        Why's that?
        Because everyone's worried about their stuff being jacked. If I still lived in Cali - or hell, even Denver - I'd be very worried about theft, too, owning a Honda. But I live in a pretty nice town (Time's 'best city to grow up in' the year we moved out here) and that kind of stuff doesn't happen nearly as often as other places... so I can afford to flaunt a bit

... most people, btw, are never going to notice a 5-lug conversion on a car they're unfamiliar with.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-14-2012, 01:46 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

i like the sleeper idea. however and i have no idea how its done but i like a car that is quiet untill vtec hits. then it balls to the wall and loud as fuck. BwaaaaaAAAAAAAA!
          visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Does everyone on here live in the ghetto?
            Lol I do but I have a viper alarm
            My 91 ex coupe
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Hmmmm.... Viper, you say? Noise weakness... ceramic... hmmm, yes.

ryandavis, get a straight-through muffler with some real baffling qualities, like a Magnaflow or Greddy SP2. Almost as quiet as stock in normal driving. Passing someone on the freeway, with VTEC suddenly kicking in next to their window snaps neck!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Why's that?

If you're going to or can have the best of both worlds that's awsome. But all bark and no bite makes me giggle, i would much rather see hard thought out mechanical work put to work than saying hey look at me im purddy.

Imagine a stock cb (Or any un performance related vehicle) roll through the gates and bust ass i would smile just seeing that, but when a "Clean" done up one shows up and disappoints thats the norm i see it all the time at the track. I see way less function than form and thats how it usually goes with honda owners these days besides a swap and bolt on's. That's just the way i am, and if you're not fine with me.
                I have built two CBs this year. I have gone after a certain style and both of my CBs are similar in a lot of ways. If there is anything "flashy" or "no show and all go" someone, please let me know. Both of my CBs have tasteful mods.

This "style" I have went after is evidently what I like or I wouldn’t have done it. I wouldn’t have spent so much time and money on something I don’t like.

After that being said I think almost everyone in this thread has misinterpreted what I mean.

By saying "Does everyone on here live in the ghetto?" I mean that there is a lot of people on here NOT doing stuff they want to their CBs in fear of drawing attention that might get their stuff stolen. If that’s true then that’s pretty sad. However that can be used as an excuse and not an actual reason (when money and/or time are the real reason) or it can be a cover up for people to use when they really don’t want or like something. Not that I’m saying anyone does this.

So were not talking about loud BOVs, nitrous purge, and slicks or massive intercoolers, were talking about ricer wings and body kits with stick on hood scoops.

In that case I would prefer the sleeper look as well but I wouldn’t ride around on steelies or factory hub caps either.
                And what about turbo, nitrous and slicks is all bark and no bite?

Also earlier on in the thread I said:
                I would want people to know if I had serious mods. But Id drive it like its slow.
                Notice how "If" is italicized in the OP? I didn’t just do that. Nothing is serious about either of my CBs. I have nothing to show off.

Again, I believe I have been misinterpreted.

I shouldn’t have to explain myself to these lengths every time I comment on something.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                Because everyone's worried about their stuff being jacked. If I still lived in Cali - or hell, even Denver - I'd be very worried about theft, too, owning a Honda. But I live in a pretty nice town (Time's 'best city to grow up in' the year we moved out here) and that kind of stuff doesn't happen nearly as often as other places... so I can afford to flaunt a bit

... most people, btw, are never going to notice a 5-lug conversion on a car they're unfamiliar with.
                Exactly what Im getting at.

Originally posted by dockinrez View Post
                Lol I do but I have a viper alarm
                Thank you for further proving my point. Nothing wrong with getting a bad ass alarm.

Comment

Sleeper.

My car is far from being a sleeper though, lowered, tints, etc.
                  I live in the ghetto, my whole life. it doesn't stop me. During the day, there's jamaicans literally outside my house in the field doing BBQs and playing their sport (crickete? idk).. and if not that, there's the gang members and old guys in here that know each and everyone one of us lowered car owners in the projects (just so happens i live deep in the projects).... plus I work overnight security (i direct 10 cameras to my car lol. )

yes I have an alarm. If anything, in this state, the nice neighborhoods are targetted more as the theives can't be traced to that neighborhood and they can flaunt the stolen rims/ parts the next day. (if it happens in a bad neighborhood, the theives wait and slowly sell their stolen material or if engine/engine parts/suspension then they will use it)

Comment

Most people in the ghetto don't steal from other people in the ghetto. You don't shit where you eat.

Comment

O rly?

Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

i like an agressive look but nothing more than a drop, pollished wheels, front lip and some mods to the lights. Somewhat sleeper. Classy

Comment

Working...
                        X