Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cb3 on eg civic coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb3 on eg civic coilovers?

hi everyone, ive seen this on stancenation. i wasnt aware civic coilovers fitted a cb3?

http://www.stancenation.com/forums/s...-DD-CB3-Accord

They may fit, but they probably ride like shit, and handle just the same. If they were the same price, would you rather buy the stuff that's ACTUALLY for your car, or for a car that's hundreds of pounds lighter with a different wheelbase?
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Just looking at the images in that thread without reading anything tells me not to do it!
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Civics weigh less than Accords. It will be bouncy...

Comment

Considering he says it's at the highest point on the front I don't think these are a very worth while upgrade .

Originally posted by Darkcloud
          Wimp go low or go home haha
          Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
          Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

It will be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              It will be dangerous.
              Who cares, it's cheaper right?

Why anyone would want to run improper designed gear to save a dollar, is always beyond me.

Do it once, do it right.
              Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

please.......no.....just dont do it

Originally posted by scudweiser
                i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

I had those on my cb9 they are crap if you want good suspension buy good stuff or stay stock cause its not worth the hard bouncy feel of the cheap coilovers, even on new shocks they suck

Comment

I honestly don't know why anyone would even attempt something so stupidly dangerous in the first place.

Comment

Im not even going to lie I did it till I got my type 2's it is the most sketchest shit to drive on ever and worse in the rain and you wanna know why its so low because the accord weight makes the civic coilovers compress together so the squish together and it rides like ass. and it has no adjustabilty so your at that height no matter were you adjust it to.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

they may fit but i agree with everyone elts the spring cant hold it.a cb3 stock is around 3000 pounds and a civic is only 2200 pounds thats an 800 pound difference may not seem a lot but really is the springs are not rated to take the amount of weight for your car.i would just go with the one made for your car and not risk it.

Comment

Originally posted by dayzielynn View Post
                          they may fit but i agree with everyone elts the spring cant hold it.a cb3 stock is around 3000 pounds and a civic is only 2200 pounds thats an 800 pound difference may not seem a lot but really is the springs are not rated to take the amount of weight for your car.i would just go with the one made for your car and not risk it.

Civic weights for those years range from 2100lbs all the way up to 2600. And cb7s weigh about 2700-2800lbs (therefore cb3s are around the same weight). The springs aren't that far off for the weight of the cb7. But, like you stated, they aren't made for the cb7; which makes them unsafe to use.

Comment

Regardless of listed weights, the CB7 really does weigh closer to 3000lbs

Comment

Looks like someone wants HellaFrush over the function of their car. Don't do it. buy yourself the right parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X