No announcement yet.

keepinitclean : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great bro! I think it's really cool how you worked on your car way before you even had your license must have been tantalizing seeing this beauty and not being able to drive it. .

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
      Thanks man!!! Everyone wants them black housed chrome housed makes it look so OEM!
      Stick to what you like and not what others think when you build. You end up much happier with your build and could care less when others criticize. If you make well thought out choices, then what others think tend to not matter as much. As for the chrome looking "so OEM", That OEM went out the window with the addition of the projectors if you really think about it. Still none the less it's looking good.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
        Thanks man!!! Everyone wants them black housed chrome housed makes it look so OEM!
        I actually was looking for chrome housed, but I found a black housed set (clean as heck) so I had to cop. The chrome housed looks SO legit on your car though
        92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
          Looks great bro! I think it's really cool how you worked on your car way before you even had your license must have been tantalizing seeing this beauty and not being able to drive it. .
          Thanks dude!! Omg, soooooooo tantalizing. Hell I'd just stare at the Calander, waiting and waiting and waiting! Hahahaha

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
          Stick to what you like and not what others think when you build. You end up much happier with your build and could care less when others criticize. If you make well thought out choices, then what others think tend to not matter as much. As for the chrome looking "so OEM", That OEM went out the window with the addition of the projectors if you really think about it. Still none the less it's looking good.
          Thank you sir! Yes, that is true. I like to believe that its "Like" OEM since the projectors from a Honda/Acura Thanks again sir. I think I need to get those headlight covers like you said.

Originally posted by Kevin Chinnn View Post
          I actually was looking for chrome housed, but I found a black housed set (clean as heck) so I had to cop. The chrome housed looks SO legit on your car though
          Hahaha, at least you do have the headlights! Thanks bro. You ever consider on taking the black paint off of the bezel?

On the side note, I went to Canada, Washington and Oregon for vacation. I went to 2 junkyards in Canada and oh boy! I got some goodies!

I left with:

-A complete set of OEM window visors with Clips

-2 rear OEM window visors also with clips

-A grey flip up Arm console

-92/93 OEM Fogs with the harness EXCEPT THE BUTTON But the fogs also had JDM shrouds, so those will be going on my car.

-I also got a set of JDM BB4 black house one piece headlights. The prelude that had the headlights also had a twin cam f20B

:boucny: Can't wait to get home.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
            Good old ford el camino, lol.
            ford's answer to chevy

both originally from down under
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

What is "JDM" about fog light shrouds? If you're talking about the rubber seal lining the cutout in the bumper then every single '92-'93 that had dealer-installed foglights left the dealer with them.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Still my favourite CB to this day.

Keep up the awesome work dude Your car and your story are so inspirational to the rest of the community.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                  ford's answer to chevy

both originally from down under
                  Me gusta Chevy, so does this girl I like...

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  What is "JDM" about fog light shrouds? If you're talking about the rubber seal lining the cutout in the bumper then every single '92-'93 that had dealer-installed foglights left the dealer with them.
                  I shall upload a comparison picture sir. I have the USDM OEM fog light shrouds, but the JDM shrouds, which I thought only came on wagons, appear to be much nicer. I asked about all Wagons having them, but only a few do. The stamp on the shrouds also show that they belong on an "SM5" rather than the traditional SM4.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  Still my favourite CB to this day.

Keep up the awesome work dude Your car and your story are so inspirational to the rest of the community.

Thanks broskii! Will do sir, I hope you get back in the Accord game man!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Here are some pictures of my Canadian Junkyard finds.

All the visors are OEM and they are only missing ONE clip...I might just have to install these puppies on my car.

92-93 OEM Wagon Fogs almost entirely complete! Just missing the button

JDM BB1/BB4 Prelude one piece headlights.

An OEM flip up arm console in Grey, the junkyard actually gave this to me for free!!

And the "JDM" fog shrouds. I also got them when I pulled the fogs off of the wagon, from what I've been told, not all wagons have these shrouds. Also on top of the shrouds is stamped "SM5." These will also be going on my car. They seem way nicer than the OEM USDM ones that I have now, I will get comparison pictures later.

And lastly an booklet ^_^ Also got that for free.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

They're shaped that way to accommodate the difference in shape between the standard '92-'93 bumper and the wagon version. It conceals the would-be gap. There was a wagon I nearly purchased that had foglights on it from the factory that had them on there. My coupe also had foglights from the factory and came with the channel strip seals. It won't do you any good to haven these on your foglights and your for sale thread with the foglights in it needs these in order to truly be wagon foglights. Otherwise, they're just your standard '92-'93 lights.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the info! If they are standard fogs, I'd probably sell them quicker than. But aren't the brackets different?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

This is true. I would keep the shrouds together with them. They won't do you any good unless you have a wagon bumper.

Comment

Jarret, your knowledge of these small details is extremely impressive. I highly respect that.

Alex, great score. On top of being rare, them fogs are extremely clean. For kicks see if you can find a wagon bumper to mount them up. If anything it would be interesting to see how them look in their natural habitat.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              This is true. I would keep the shrouds together with them. They won't do you any good unless you have a wagon bumper.
                              Hmmm perhaps I should hold on to the fogs for a bit longer than. I installed the shrouds, but I still have the fogs, so it might be a good idea to have a spare just incase anything happens. That way I can swap the fogs and use my current brackets.

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                              Jarret, your knowledge of these small details is extremely impressive. I highly respect that.

Alex, great score. On top of being rare, them fogs are extremely clean. For kicks see if you can find a wagon bumper to mount them up. If anything it would be interesting to see how them look in their natural habitat.

I wish I could man! But I have no room to store it properly, it's best to have them sit in a box for a "just in case" reason.

On the side note, my car still appears to be having overheating issues. I took it to the mechanic and they flushed the tranny oil too and inspected it and then refilled the tranny with new oil. The shop had told me that I need a new timing belt soon and a new water pump too. I called today and everything installed and included would be $595 plus shipping from them.

I also called Honda about the parts and it was $56 for the belt and $103 for the pump. BUT, I've heard the job is VERY labor intensive, so I wouldn't even attempt to do it myself. I'm still calling around for that too.

The car also veers to the right a bit too, I believe that might be due to a worn bushing or an alignment issue. PROBABLY a bushing, those are all still the 20 year old factory ones.

My front passenger speaker ALSO blew along with the two tweeters in my back speakers, so I ALSO need to replace that. The shop quoted me $400 dollars just to fix that I am pretty sure I can do the speakers myself, it's just a matter of finding some speakers that are of good quality. I was previously using HERTZ speakers.

And also one of my axle boots is ripped so I would have to change that soon too :/

Seems like a HELLAVA lot of work to do and it seems very expensive, but it must be done. I am just still putting in numbers and I am wondering if it would just be better to get a whole different motor (H22A or F20B). BUT the issue with that would be California smog.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I'm telling you Alex we can conquer that timing belt no problem, it's pretty easy once you know what your doing

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                                Wimp go low or go home haha
                                Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                                Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X