Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

G square grill fitment on 90-91?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G square grill fitment on 90-91?

I have just received a G square grill and it fits perfect on my 92-93 cb7. However, I want to convert to a 90-91 front and I know that there's fitment issues when interchanging the grills from 90-91 and 92-93. Will this mess up the fitment? Of course, I'll be getting new 90-91 headlights also because the 92-93's wont fit right with the 90-91 bumper right? Thanks!

90-91 with g square.

"My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

And another for you!
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Fitment doesn't seem to be much different on 90-91's.

Sort of off topic, but also may be beneficial to dizzyw, but what causes the fitment gaps on interchanging parts between 90-91 and 92-93? Would I be able to use a 92-93 bumper with 90-91 one piecers (easier to find and I like the chrome) or even just normal 90-91 USDM headlights and a g square replica without MAJOR gaps since I read that the grill is the major problem causing the gap on 92-93's with 90-91 headlights?
        Last edited by JFrost7; 09-23-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

^
          Official 90-91 to 92-93 Pictoral Difference Thread
          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post

Sort of off topic, but also may be beneficial to dizzyw, but what causes the fitment gaps on interchanging parts between 90-91 and 92-93? Would I be able to use a 92-93 bumper with 90-91 one piecers (easier to find and I like the chrome) or even just normal 90-91 USDM headlights and a g square replica without MAJOR gaps since I read that the grill is the major problem causing the gap on 92-93's with 90-91 headlights?
            Check out my 92 LX coupe MRT I have 9091 on 9293 bumper...
            The CB7 Collector.
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post

I'm a stickler for gaps and fitment. The only real way to go is to go all the way. Meaning if you want 90/91 headlamps, then go ahead and get the 90/91 grill and bumper to match. If you like the 92/93 set up then stick with that all the way. If your concern is locating the proper JDM one piece headlamps, then just be patient. Those parts tend to pop up from time to time.

if you have 90/91 headlamps and 92/93 bumper, the grill gap wont be the only issue you will face. the 92/93 headlamps stick out a little bit further than the 90/91's thus the bumper is shaped to reflect that difference. When you install the 90/91 headlamps using a 92/93 bumper there will be a gap all the way around the headlamps where would meet up with the 92/93 HL. If you try to correct that, then you will have fitment issues come up somewhere else. It is easier to do the vice versa and use 92/93 headlamps on a 90/91 front end. you will have an issue with the grill of the 92/93 on the 90/91 bumper but a G-Square grill can easily correct that issue.

If you do decide to go with the 90/91 JDM headlamps anyways regardless of the gap at the bumper issue, you will be left with the grill issue. the solution to this is to trim that area of the bumper down so that it remains even all the way accross the front. Lastly you will need a JDM 90/91 front grill because of the difference in size. The JDM front grill is smaller than the USDM grill to compensate for the difference in the chrome trim surrounding the headlamps.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                I'm a stickler for gaps and fitment. The only real way to go is to go all the way. Meaning if you want 90/91 headlamps, then go ahead and get the 90/91 grill and bumper to match. If you like the 92/93 set up then stick with that all the way. If your concern is locating the proper JDM one piece headlamps, then just be patient. Those parts tend to pop up from time to time.

if you have 90/91 headlamps and 92/93 bumper, the grill gap wont be the only issue you will face. the 92/93 headlamps stick out a little bit further than the 90/91's thus the bumper is shaped to reflect that difference. When you install the 90/91 headlamps using a 92/93 bumper there will be a gap all the way around the headlamps where would meet up with the 92/93 HL. If you try to correct that, then you will have fitment issues come up somewhere else. It is easier to do the vice versa and use 92/93 headlamps on a 90/91 front end. you will have an issue with the grill of the 92/93 on the 90/91 bumper but a G-Square grill can easily correct that issue.

If you do decide to go with the 90/91 JDM headlamps anyways regardless of the gap at the bumper issue, you will be left with the grill issue. the solution to this is to trim that area of the bumper down so that it remains even all the way accross the front. Lastly you will need a JDM 90/91 front grill because of the difference in size. The JDM front grill is smaller than the USDM grill to compensate for the difference in the chrome trim surrounding the headlamps.
                This is why my G-square fits over the edge of my headlights on my 9091.
                The CB7 Collector.
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Working...
                X